House Republicans want more Federal Marijuana Arrest

Options
Jabu_Rule
Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in The Social Lounge
House Republicans Want To Sue The President For Not Arresting People For Marijuana

huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/14/republicans-force-obama-legal-marijuana_n_4964995.htmlrijuana_n_4964995.html
The Republican-controlled House passed legislation on Thursday to force President Barack Obama to ? down on states that have legalized marijuana in any form.

Introduced by Reps. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.) and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), the ENFORCE the Law Act (H.R. 4138) would allow the House or the Senate to sue the president for "failure to faithfully execute federal laws," including those related to immigration, health care and marijuana.

"President Obama has established a disturbing pattern of cherry picking the laws he wishes to enforce," Issa said in a statement. "The Constitution charges the President with the responsibility to faithfully execute all the laws and not just the ones he supports."

A Judiciary Committee report submitted by Goodlatte last week regarding H.R. 4138 chastised the Obama administration for selective enforcement of the Controlled Substance Act, which prohibits marijuana outright. "The decision by the Obama administration not to enforce the CSA in entire states is not a a valid exercise of prosecutorial discretion," the report reads. "The guidance of U.S. Attorneys establishes a formal, department-wide policy of selective non-enforcement of an Act of Congress. This infringes on Congress's lawmaking authority, by, in effect, amending the flat prohibitions of the CSA to permit the possession, distribution, and cultivation of marijuana so long as that conduct is in compliance with state law."

The report goes on to describe the Obama administration's actions on marijuana policy as an "impermissible suspension of the law by executive fiat."

The people y'all keep siding with aren't down with you.

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need need slave labor in prisons
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Obama is still cracking down on many states that have legalized medical marijuana so I don't know what those idiot Republicans are doing. One reason why Republicans have such horrible approval ratings right now.

Then again, Obama has some pretty ugly poll numbers too lol........maybe both of these morons should start listening to the people and be more supportive of marijuana. Obama has no new ideas on fixing the economy and Republicans remain ? on tons of bad issues. It's a testament to the Democrats' and Obama's unpopularity that Republicans will still win both seats of Congress likely this November

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

Obama's approval rating now a sad 39%, George W. Bush levels. I have been saying for years now Obama is Bush part 2 right? Democrats and Republicans both suck ass right now
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're only doing this as a means to attacking Obama, if he were enforcing it, they would be talking about how Obama isn't allowing states to govern themselves. Which is pathetic, they're more worried about making Obama look bad than helping the country.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    They're only doing this as a means to attacking Obama, if he were enforcing it, they would be talking about how Obama isn't allowing states to govern themselves. Which is pathetic, they're more worried about making Obama look bad than helping the country.

Good point but I wish Obama wasn't cracking down on medical marijuana at all, at a minimum, in states where it's legalized. That's why this specific political fight won't help either side, when both sides are on the wrong side of history according to every poll on marijuana
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Ron Paul is one Republican I can respect
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i want to say this is part of a larger argument of how Obama enforces the laws --as in, whether or not he agrees with the laws, it's his job to enforce them-- and i can agree with that, but the specific case is a bad look.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Obama gave a lot of leeway to states that went full legal by giving them avenues to spend their tax revenues. He hasn't gone after those states which is why the law suite was enacted. The states that only have medical marijuana are in a grey area and some producers have sketchy practices and no states sanction. Obama will not use his powers to stop all out fed raids because of reactions like this from Congress but at least with full state legality and regulation, he can hide behind states rights and not risk flagrant lawsuits that seem to not be concerned about states rights.

The DEA is doing what they must do under the law enacted by congress, and a full presidential waver is dangerous ground without congressional support or a full state vote for legality, rather then those halfhearted votes to only allow it for Medical purposes which can mean anything and still involves the fed. We also know that many justice agencies act unilaterally. How about we stop throwing stones at a dude who doesn't want to go beyond the scope of his job which he was hired to do. He's playing with fire enough letting the states breath with full legality.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Conservatives don't care about states rights now?

The same issue they claim the Civil War was fought over, the same issue they rode so hard for in the 50s and 60s when segragation was being challenged?

I guess now that States rights is working against oppressing ? it's a bad idea.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Obama gave a lot of leeway to states that went full legal by giving them avenues to spend their tax revenues. He hasn't gone after those states which is why the law suite was enacted. The states that only have medical marijuana are in a grey area and some producers have sketchy practices and no states sanction. Obama will not use his powers to stop all out fed raids because of reactions like this from Congress but at least with full state legality and regulation, he can hide behind states rights and not risk flagrant lawsuits that seem to not be concerned about states rights.

The DEA is doing what they must do under the law enacted by congress, and a full presidential waver is dangerous ground without congressional support or a full state vote for legality, rather then those halfhearted votes to only allow it for Medical purposes which can mean anything and still involves the fed. We also know that many justice agencies act unilaterally. How about we stop throwing stones at a dude who doesn't want to go beyond the scope of his job which he was hired to do. He's playing with fire enough letting the states breath with full legality.

Obama pledged to let states make up their own minds on medical marijuana when he was running for prez in 2007, and even fight to legalize medical weed nationwide if there was demand for it. He's backtracked on both and is cracking down on medical farms on levels the same as GW or higher. That's a disgraceful record for a man who said what he said in 2007, and one of the reasons people don't respect him as they used to.

And meanwhile, his poll numbers will continue to sink, as he's let down people over and over again during his sub-par 2nd term. Very avg to below avg president.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Obama the lying fraud has waged the biggest war against marijuana, more then any other president in history. Larger a war then even GEORGE W BUSH has waged. In all seriousness, as a Black man, why do so many of ya'll praise this ? made ? ? For being a half cracka so called first Black president??? LOL sad video but it shows Republicans and Obama have more in common on marijuana then almost any other issue....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FUAOsjUHkpg
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You propose a law knowing full well it can't become law unless Obama signs it.

Nice political theater but a waste of taxpayer money.

As far as law enforcement is concerned he has discretion about which laws he can enforce. All law enforcement agencies have that right. Furthermore, he isn't the first president to ignore a law either. Reagan refused to enforce the Sherman anti-trust act and that was okay I guess.

It's an election year, remember that.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    @Furiousone, you like to flag posts and that's cool but putting out facts isn't spam lol.....mad cuz most Americans see the truth and the poll numbers haven't backed up your horribly failed arguments for years now? Time for a 3rd party to step up, cuz Dems and Republicans can BOTH suck my ? . I'd post up the horrible disapproval ratings for Democrats and Republicans but you would spam those too haha. Perhaps Solomanwise is right, you are the emotional type. In fact he is right. Change your name to Emotional One. You're such a baby. Wear a diaper before you type up that next titangraph. Assuming you haven't been wearing one for awhile.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Stop crying ? ... Your Republican propganda posting mind games will not work on me.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm not Republican LOL.....I already dissed Republicans so try a new route. I'm a proud independent, something most Americans identify with now because both sides are so disappointing and are ? boys. Stick to the subject of Obama having more in common with Republicans on marijuana then not in common. Obama, if anything, is very Republican when it comes to marijuana. Shameful how you're getting sonned in your own thread so bad I can smell the tears coming from you.

Then again, it's common to see you get sonned in your threads. Hence the whiny flagging lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    why is it so hard to believe that some people just reallly hate the govt?

it dont matter who in office, we gon ? on em regardless...

Emotional One doesn't like it when people diss Obama's policies or him.....he thinks he's perfect and he'll flag and flag you until the tears stop. Despite Obama being on the wrong side of history over and over again on this issue. In a perfect world, to Emotionalone, Obama would lock up everybody for smoking marijuana and sentence them to 25 years to life.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    QueenFazed, you a ? ass ? , and you love the attention. That's why you always gotta get the last word in. I don't think I'm as emotional as a ? that tried to off himself..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    QueenFazed, you a ? ass ? , and you love the attention. That's why you always gotta get the last word in. I don't think I'm as emotional as a ? that tried to off himself..

You're getting emotional again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stick to the topic Mr. Emotion, your teary eyes are showing.

You been listening to Keith Sweat too heavy, turn the volume down I can hear it from here. Mad cuz I'm sonning the living ? out of you, as I tend to do?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is it so hard to believe that some people just reallly hate the govt?

it dont matter who in office, we gon ? on em regardless...

Lol true. It's impossible to make everyone happy...all it can do is suck less than previous administrations.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Let it be KNOWN that whenever Furiousone loses an argument (which is common), he starts name calling.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! Change your diaper LOL. And again, turn down the Keith Sweat.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    th?id=HN.608005345849510256&pid=15.1&H=191&W=160

You'll be ok Emotionalone......now blose your nose.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Your skirt showing my ? . You not even typing right. Edit your post again and fix your life pimple boy..