Plot is Highly Overrated' in Games, Says Devs

2»

Comments

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh..lazy ass game developers..thats why there are so many ? games today.

No these stupid fans buying and supporting EA and Activision by buying their stupid games is the problem.
  • BlackxChild
    Funny how their survey can tell them that nobody gives a ? about a plot but they didn't see the survey that no one gave a ? about kinect.

Sony studios- Last of Us >>> Microsoft Studios- ? your plot

This is why I went PS4 not because of fanboy ? , but bc of the games their studios produce like ? of War games that are often different unique have a great story and you can tell some work was put into it.

Once Microsoft stops throwing money around just to get exclusives and concentrates on making sure their studios and others bring out quality games I'm not buying the One.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People don't remember the plots to video games because 99% of the time they're ? ? . The article just sounds like lazy game developers trying to justify knocking out half-arsed plots for games. If more video games with the narrative and plot quality as The Walking Dead or The Last of Us were developed then gamers might not develop amnesia when recalling stories.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I went PS4 not because of fanboy ? , but bc of the games their studios produce like ? of War games that are often different unique have a great story and you can tell some work was put into it.

Once Microsoft stops throwing money around just to get exclusives and concentrates on making sure their studios and others bring out quality games I'm not buying the One.

There is no reason to keep trying to justify your decision to us. We don't know you. Plus we all know that you don't own a PS4. Just your cousins old handmedown PS3.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »

There is no reason to keep trying to justify your decision to us. We don't know you. Plus we all know that you don't own a PS4. Just your cousins old handmedown PS3.

PS3 plus PS1 equals PS4
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    As soon as a Zelda game deviates too much from the origonal plot (like Windwaker) I stop ? with it.

Plot is all relative to type of game youre playing in the game (genre) , so you cant really paint the an entire gaming archive with this broad stroke.
  • BlackxChild
    edited March 2014

Lol if anyone wants to play me in 2k they can I'm hieroglyphicmonk I'll destroy anyone on there.

I could really care less about system wars I owned a xbox and a 360. Game quality started to die with the 360 but the online features where the best. I just don't like how Microsoft does business. If this generation has more exclusives between both consoles I'll probably get a xboxone. Just because I don't have xbox one doesn't mean I'm a fanboy I'm just saying it how I see it.
  • Black_Privilege
    Black_Privilege Members Posts: 72
    Study sounds ? as ? . Comparing 2 hour movies that lay the story out in front of you to 5+ hour game plot that could have lore behind it and plot details as collectables
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plot is what makes me finish your game
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but the they're saying the depth, quality and detail of the plot is not wholly important.

They're not saying they're going to make plotless story games.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but the they're saying the depth, quality and detail of the plot is not wholly important.

They're not saying they're going to make plotless story games.

Pretty much.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah a great plot will have me playing forever. Like in RDD that ? had so many moments especially the end
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Dead Redemption plot was ill
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Red Dead Redemption plot was ill

Yeah, RDR is a modern classic.

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    I don't care about plots. If I want plots I watch TV or watch a movie. Games are about the gameplay and the execution. That's what makes them immersive. Resident Evil to Resident Evil 4 had some of the most hackneyed plots in gaming history and the games were still classic. Ocarina of Time has a basic ass plot but the execution is crazy. Chrono Cross has no real plot at all that makes any semblance of sense and is still a masterpiece. I don't play Symphony of the Night or Super Mario Bros. 3 for the compelling story. I play for the immersion within the atmosphere of the game, the level design, the controls, the escapism. The plot is like the last thing I think about.

Yep. ? like this is why I love older games to death. these newer games are too damn much with the cinematics these days.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know bout y'all but I only can play them old simple platform games for so long.

? gets redundant.