Christian black people are lowkey ?

Options

Comments

• THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Ethiopia is one of the oldest Christian nations and Christianity wasn't spread only because of slavery. But I guess this smart/dumb ? conveniently disregarded that or just didn't know. But carry on with your ignorance.

Oh I knew that. Christianity was forcibly spread by European missionaries as well to brown people in an effort to "civilize them"

Regardless of where is started, the fact remains that Christianity was used to advance racist European agendas and proliferate American slavery. And if you're Black American and that means nothing to you, then it says alot about your racial identity.

Discuss.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those are better arguments.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your argument should be with the actors not the script
    You can attribute the tag coonish to anything you dont find favorable....
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn @THOT, you went from HoeHefer to Heavenly in 2 seconds flat.....wtf?
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    just because someone goes to war in the name of ? doesn't mean they're right.

and it's not on us to pass judgement.....

? stop testifying!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Of course you can be easily manipulated when you are illiterate to a different language.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Why did you think slave owners didn't want the slaves to learn how to read?
  • THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But the script is as inhibiting to our people now as it was centuries ago.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not the script it's how it's used.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How so? On a day to day level what great harm does it bring..id say peoples vices are a bit more troubling speak on it
  • zombie
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    For someone who wants to pull philosophy out in an argument I'd expect you to avoid the genetic fallacy. If you can't see how the fallaciousness of the two arguments I put forth are comparable to that in your initial qualm just say so.

genetic fallacies can be true, particularly when the merit of the issue is discussed.

The merit of Christianity and Black people:

-Black Christian women are more likely to have children that they can't afford to care for because of religious convictions, thus perpetuating poverty
    -Black people tithe faithfully and generously but remain financially behind
    -Black churches claim to be pillars of the community but the communities that they are located in are usually poverty and crime stricken, and they haven't done much to change the communities that surround them
    -Christianity perpetuates homophobia

With or without religion all those things would still be. Black people would still be financially behind our communities would still be poor, and women would still be hqving children out of wed lock. The problems black people face are originated in economics and mentality. We actually don't follow the economic principles of christianity we do the opposite.

And homosexuality is a ? negative it brings no good to the race.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My argument usually stays within the fact that the Bible contains a bunch of fairy tales taken as literal fact. I don't care where they came from.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. I grew up going to a predominantly black church with self knowledge that Caucasians were not from North Africa where the original Ysraelites migrated to when the Persians and Northern Europeans took over Babylon nor do I believe that white people have hair like wool and tan skin. I don't watch white pastors preach cause 99% of them are controlled by the government to expand the false knowledge of a white Jesus and corruption plus their ancestors were responsible for removing books from the bible.

2. Don't really think our culture would have been any much better off if we stayed in Africa under a totalitarian type government that believed in enslaving us and selling us in the triangle slave trade to another culture while other cultures were already in fear of any race that's not white. We would have eventually been blown off the map as America is doing with the middle-east so that they can extract all the oil and gold from us and label us as terrorist so ? saved us cause our ancestors are the original Ysraelites.

3. Christians were being persecuted and murdered in Africa.

this ? beat me to it.

Before I even participate.

@Thot

How much of the bible have you personally read and tried to understand before making accusations?

How much do you know about the history of ancient Israel?

I know a ton of ancient Israel history and culture. My aunt researches this a lot and I use to live with her, she is a minister.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Christianity was MOST DEFINITELY in Africa for CENTURIES before Trans-Atlantic slavery. Threadstarter is highly ignorant. The Bible doesn't support slavery (I've proven this in numerous threads) If anybody can successfully manipulate you into coonery using the Bible.......your comprehension skills are very poor.

PEACE
  • UltraIncredible
    UltraIncredible Members Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

Uh, you're stuck with homosexuality no matter what race you are dude. It's a genetic thing, not something you just decide to do or not to do. You might as well be condemning short people.
  • UltraIncredible
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The Bible doesn't support slavery (I've proven this in numerous threads)
    biblegateway.com/passage/?search=leviticus+25%3A44-46&version=NIV
    44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.
    biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exodus+21%3A7-8&version=NIV
    7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[a] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.
    biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exodus+21%3A20-21&version=NIV
    20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.
    biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6%3A5+&version=NIV
    5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.
    biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+12%3A47&version=NIV
    47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.
    biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+6%3A1-2&version=NIV
    6 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that ? ’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare[a] of their slaves.

Now what
  • zombie
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

Uh, you're stuck with homosexuality no matter what race you are dude. It's a genetic thing, not something you just decide to do or not to do. You might as well be condemning short people.

I don't give a ? if it's genetic or not the acceptance of it into mainstream black society is what I am talking about we need our men to be men not ? gender confused ? .
  • zombie
    Options
    European society is prone to homosexuality because the white man is a natural ? and has been so for most of his history.
  • UltraIncredible
    Options
    Well clearly I'm talking to a wise and highly objective observer of human behavior and this discussion is not a complete waste of time.
  • The True Flesh
    Options
    Step your comprehension game up young UltraIncredible .......Using translations other the the King James version make it easy to make your argument, but if you understand the historical context of the passages you posted you would know that they are just simply outdated labor laws that applied ONLY to ONE NATION.......ISRAEL!

The word slave was added to these other translations just to deceive and people like you are proof that it worked.

he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 21:16

Lean about a thing called historical context before you respond to my posts. When it comes to this Bible stuff you're in wayyyyyy over your head.

PEACE
  • zombie
    Options
    Well clearly I'm talking to a wise and highly objective observer of human behavior and this discussion is not a complete waste of time.

I am happy that you understand, if you are a black person you have to also understand that we must do better than him it's the only way to undo the damage he has done to the planet and to humanity and even to himself.
  • The True Flesh
    Options
    Also I agree with the Idea that the modern day black church is a bastion of coonery. It's 10% Bible and 90% hollerin' shoutin' fund raisin' vanity and self promotion of the preacher.......It's disgusting, however the original assertion about the method of The delivery of the Gospel to black folks couldn't be more wrong. It's easy to prove that The Bible's presence in Africa pre-dates Trans-Atlantic slavery by centuries with a simple Google search. These same old regurgitated attacks on people's beliefs are so lame.

If you don't want religion..... that's your right. but why attack something you CLEARLY know nothing about?

PEACE
  • UltraIncredible
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Step your comprehension game up young UltraIncredible .......Using translations other the the King James version make it easy to make your argument, but if you understand the historical context of the passages you posted you would know that they are just simply outdated labor laws that applied ONLY to ONE NATION.......ISRAEL!

That site lets you translate to whatever version you want. I posted the default setting. A lot of people who take the Bible seriously take everything in the Old Testament seriously and don't assume they're just for Israel (for example the ten commandments). Also, the last three quotes I posted are from the New Testament.
    The word slave was added to these other translations just to deceive and people like you are proof that it worked.

Conspiracy BS. Translating the King James Bible into modern language is usually an attempt to expand its readership, not alienate it. The original texts were written and/or translated in Hebrew, Greek and Latin, by the way. So unless you speak those languages, you're that much more removed from the original meanings. Using the King James version as the true meaning is totally arbitrary.
    Lean about a thing called historical context before you respond to my posts. When it comes to this Bible stuff you're in wayyyyyy over your head.

You don't know the half of it...
  • The True Flesh
    Options
    Study it or leave it be is my advice to you @‌

You're ignorance on the topic shows just like so many others on this board that I've had exchanges with.

Read your responses to what I posted again. YOU HAVE SAID NOTHING!!!!!

I'm done

PEACE

• UltraIncredible
    Options
    :-@ Uh, maybe you should read my responses to what you posted. A little less style, a little more substance please.