Christian black people are lowkey ?

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I don't give a ? if it's genetic or not the acceptance of it into mainstream black society is what I am talking about we need our men to be men not ? gender confused ? .
    it's almost like whether or not it's genetic makes a HUGE difference on how it should be accepted in society or something

• Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as I've gotten older I question why black folks would believe in this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu17cuXw-dM

then yall remember the scene where the shipmaster or whatever was down in the slave's quarters of the boat, talkin bout how they'll stack them in there & whatnot.. then he says somethin bout how we're (us black folks) savages & uncivilized & how they (white folk) needed to teach us bout jesus to save us or somethin

jesus is the #1 issuse holdin black folks back imo
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people problem with Christianity is the way it is use. We really need to stop with this notion that we don't have to do anything because the end game is Jesus coming back. That itself make us not progress. Our fall from grace has little to do with religion it was our inability to progress and we got complacent
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    I don't give a ? if it's genetic or not the acceptance of it into mainstream black society is what I am talking about we need our men to be men not ? gender confused ? .
    it's almost like whether or not it's genetic makes a HUGE difference on how it should be accepted in society or something

Regardless of the biological factors at play it would still be entirely up to the individual to decide that
  • janklow
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Regardless of the biological factors at play it would still be entirely up to the individual to decide that
    individuals can believe what they like (especially since i think it's not settled science). but i think it's pretty clear that accepting something known to have a genetic cause is very different than accepting something that is 100% choice.

• Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you research the history of Christianity I don't understand how you can still be a black Christian.

People always quote revelations when people bring up how the bible has been used for evil purposes, my only question is why has ? allowed this to happen for so damn long? People been waiting for Christ for 2000 years and he still aint show up

Smh
  • Authentic100
    Options
    If you research the history of Christianity I don't understand how you can still be a black Christian.

People always quote revelations when people bring up how the bible has been used for evil purposes, my only question is why has ? allowed this to happen for so damn long? People been waiting for Christ for 2000 years and he still aint show up

Smh

Its not the religion or the books that are the problem....its the people. The Universe (? ) is not gonna do ? for those who just sit around and wait....

But at the end of revelations Jesus makes it seem as if he is coming soon so can you really blame there people for waiting?

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh

1. Never heard of "revelations" but I do know about the book of Revelation.

2. The first ? -fearing convert to Christianity was Ethiopian.

Read Acts 8 if you care to be enlightened. If not go head and continue in your ignorance.

3. Some of the greatest minds of all time, who happened to be the early church fathers, were all AFRICAN.

Athanasius
    Tertullian
    Cyprian
    Augustine
    Minucius Felix
    Lactantius
    Optatus of Milevi

Oh but you still gonna play the lame race card huh, Scust.

4. ? is still waiting for you to accept Him, you better be thankful Christ hasn't came back yet or else you would be eternally lost. Will you come to Him today?

"Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” But they deliberately forget that long ago by ? ’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
    2 Peter 3:3-9

Hey your just doing your part though, fulfilling the word of ? . Amen.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    individuals can believe what they like (especially since i think it's not settled science). but i think it's pretty clear that accepting something known to have a genetic cause is very different than accepting something that is 100% choice.

100% choice is a bit of a fantasy isn't it? Saying anything is 100% choice would ignore the many biological and social factors at play in an individual's life.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh

Crazy enough, black Christians will receive the best inheritance. The world wants you to denounce your savior

Anyway....regarding your 2000 years comment....

Hosea 6:2 KJV

After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

2 Peter 3:8 KJV

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

We are officially in the last days. WW3 is jus the beginning. And it's gonna be a MOVIEEEEEE
  • janklow
    Options
    100% choice is a bit of a fantasy isn't it? Saying anything is 100% choice would ignore the many biological and social factors at play in an individual's life.
    it wouldn't be my argument.
    however, i suspect you will find posters who WILL claim as much.

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

According to whites, we're the descendants of Ham and Canaan. Ham supposedly ? Noah while he was ? and Noah cursed his son Canaan into servitude.

Canaan cursed by Noah
    Genesis 9:20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
    21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
    22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
    23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father’s nakedness.
    24 ¶ And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

jay-z-beyonce-know9a7efe.jpg
  • Authentic100
    Options

Smh

Read Acts 8 if you care to be enlightened. If not go head and continue in your ignorance.

3. Some of the greatest minds of all time, who happened to be the early church fathers, were all AFRICAN.

Athanasius
    Tertullian
    Cyprian
    Augustine
    Minucius Felix
    Lactantius
    Optatus of Milevi

4. ? is still waiting for you to accept Him, you better be thankful Christ hasn't came back yet or else you would be eternally lost. Will you come to Him today?

"Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” But they deliberately forget that long ago by ? ’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

Smh

Athanasius
    Tertullian
    Cyprian
    Augustine
    Minucius Felix
    Lactantius
    Optatus of Milevi

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

Lol s I was not moliar with any of this inf

Smh

Athanasius
    Tertullian
    Cyprian
    Augustine
    Minucius Felix
    Lactantius
    Optatus of Milevi

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a da.
    y. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come ."
    2 Peter 3:-9

Lol I am familiar with everything u just posted but there are still things that just don't add up

But rather have a serious discussion I see you will just quote scripture and remind me that I'm going to hell

Can already tell where this is headed
  • LUClEN
    Options
    it wouldn't be my argument.
    however, i suspect you will find posters who WILL claim as much.

Are you implying that your personal view is that every agent's behavior is independent of its environment?
  • janklow
    Options
    Are you implying that your personal view is that every agent's behavior is independent of its environment?
    my personal view is that homosexuality is genetic
    i think that's what we were talking about?

• LUClEN
    Options
    Genetic? Balderdash.

Androgen exposure in utero is very different from genetic influence.
  • janklow
    Options
    Genetic? Balderdash.
    Androgen exposure in utero is very different from genetic influence.
    that's just, like, your opinion, man

• LUClEN
    Options
    Well it's a combination of the two.

But how does this make it any more acceptable?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2014
    Options

Smh

Athanasius
    Tertullian
    Cyprian
    Augustine
    Minucius Felix
    Lactantius
    Optatus of Milevi

Smh

Athanasius
    Tertullian
    Cyprian
    Augustine
    Minucius Felix
    Lactantius
    Optatus of Milevi

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

Lol s I was not moliar with any of this inf

Smh

Athanasius
    Tertullian
    Cyprian
    Augustine
    Minucius Felix
    Lactantius
    Optatus of Milevi

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a da.
    y. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come ."
    2 Peter 3:-9

Lol I am familiar with everything u just posted but there are still things that just don't add up

But rather have a serious discussion I see you will just quote scripture and remind me that I'm going to hell

Can already tell where this is headed

1. If you were familiar with everything I posted, you wouldn't have posted what you posted.

2. What doesn't add up?

3. Who said your going to hell?

4. Do you want truth or opinions?

5. Well I'm going to heaven, would you like to join me?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    infact i'm pretty sure it was in africa before it was in europe

? that gotta do with anything?

The ? was still used to justify enslaving blacks

According to whites, we're the descendants of Ham and Canaan. Ham supposedly ? Noah while he was ? and Noah cursed his son Canaan into servitude. Whites used this as an explanation for our dark skin (Ham translates to burnt in Arabic) and why it was cool to enslave us
    Canaan cursed by Noah
    Genesis 9:20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
    21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
    22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
    23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father’s nakedness.
    24 ¶ And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
    25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
    26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD ? of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
    27 ? shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

The Bible was also used to justify ? over Indians aka Manifest Destiny. Drive them out of their lands and ? them over because the Bible tells me so.
    Exodus 23
    30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.

Judges 11
    21 And the LORD ? of Israel delivered Sihon and all his people into the hand of Israel, and they smote them: so Israel possessed all the land of the Amorites, the inhabitants of that country.
    22 And they possessed all the coasts of the Amorites, from Arnon even unto Jabbok, and from the wilderness even unto Jordan.
    23 So now the LORD ? of Israel hath dispossessed the Amorites from before his people Israel, and shouldest thou possess it?
    24 Wilt not thou possess that which Chemosh thy ? giveth thee to possess? So whomsoever the LORD our ? shall drive out from before us, them will we possess.

Numbers 33
    55 But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be ? in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.
    56 Moreover it shall come to pass, that I shall do unto you, as I thought to do unto them.

How can you be a part of that ? knowing this very true piece of history?
    ? your Bible, ? your religion, that ? is bogus

Powerful post, ? THE BIBLE
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Smh

Because Jesus is DEAD and his religion is based on lies. It's not like Jesus protected Blacks from the evil crackas lol, so what is the Jewish zombie worth anyway? Remember the Bible supports slavery, if Jesus does come back, he'd probably try to enslave us all over again
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2014
    Options
    risen.jpg

Tomb is empty. Praise ? forever and ever! Do you know Him?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Jesus hasn't risen yet.......where the ? is he? Jerking off in a bathroom for the last thousand plus years?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some people take their hate for ? too far. When you say that black christian people are ? do you realize the caliber of people you are disrespecting

Almost every one who did anything to try to improve the living situation of black peoplle within the last 300 years was a christian.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Some people take their hate for ? too far. When you say that black christian people are ? do you realize the caliber of people you are disrespecting

Almost every one who did anything to try to improve the living situation of black peoplle within the last 300 years was a christian.

Almost every one that worsened the living situation of black people were/are christian as well. Teaching their version of christianity to the black people.

It's not a hate for ? . It's like the seals letting killer whales tell them how to play in the water. It just doesn't make sense to let your worst enemy dictate the morals of your lifestyle. They done tricked people into calling it something harmless as, "faith". But for the most part, it's just subjugation.