Bill Gates: There's no scientific explanation of how it (the universe) came about!

1222324252628»

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BILL GATES is not a astrophysicist , ? does he know

Thank you! It's common sense this thief isn't a genius nor knows what the hell he is talking about. Not to say there is no creator, but to give thumbs up to the Catholic Church when they have done more harm than any good.

Morality is logical and makes sense when you don't let emotions invade logic.

Logical morality is based on subjective values though.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Anansi wrote: »
    "Listen--science and technology rules our world and it will continue to do so.Mankind has come so far not because of religion;
    Science,free thinkers,and technology has brought us this far.While some black men look for answers in religion, the white man look for solutions in science.
    Religion almost always stiffles free thought and innovation.Religion controls and instills fear;religous types have monopolise morality and preach religious hatred Religion want to keep you in the dark,in your cocoon. Science on the other hand liberates the very best of human ingenuity by means of reasoning, experimentation,exploration and adventurism"

History says otherwise it was religion that put the european on the track to rule the world not science the same goes for the arab.

That's both correct and incorrect. Religion is responsible for the European Crusades, as well as the European dark ages. From a technological standpoint, religion set Europe back a good 400 years of potential advancements. Both were large-scale crimes against humanity

Is it any wonder why the Europeans immediately started stealing from/ stealing Africans around that time? Anything Christianity touches becomes tainted. The continent of Africa is the only example u should need but the same applies to the Americas as well

The decline in european civilzation and order that we call the dark ages has it's genesis in the barbarian tribes destruction of rome, the roman empire had been weakening it's military power by growing too large for centuries before that and by using too many non-romans in their armies. The people who destroyed rome used to work for rome.

religion helped the united roman empire hold onto power for a few centuries more THAN it would have had otherwise, it helped preserve the eastern empire for centuries more until it was finally defeated by islam. Meanwhile In western europe what was left of the knowledge of the romans was held onto by the church. Europeans stole from the arabs during the crusades because that is what they went there to do in the first place. Everything the european touches becomes tainted that that included christianity.

Bold: You and and I both know that the spread of christianity played a major role in the weakening of rome from the inside

Underlined: The crusades were holy wars. There were massacres, rapes and cannibalistic activities committed by christian soldiers in the name of ? and they killed/stole from a lot more than just muslims

No @ the bolded you cut the statement in half. Christianity started off as nothing but another cult, by the time christianity grew large enough to be a problem for the pagans rome was already weak and had a series of bad rulers.

Rome fell because they grew too big and had to use too mercenary soldiers to fight their battles who later turned on them. Christianity was used to unite the empire making it strong not weak

Christianity was the major religion within Rome for almost a century before Rome fell. 3rd century Rome, which was the period in which christianity was gaining popularity, was one of the most stable time periods in Rome. Then in the 4th century christians take over completely and by the 5th century Rome is a fraction of it's size. That coincidence?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anansi wrote: »
    "Listen--science and technology rules our world and it will continue to do so.Mankind has come so far not because of religion;
    Science,free thinkers,and technology has brought us this far.While some black men look for answers in religion, the white man look for solutions in science.
    Religion almost always stiffles free thought and innovation.Religion controls and instills fear;religous types have monopolise morality and preach religious hatred Religion want to keep you in the dark,in your cocoon. Science on the other hand liberates the very best of human ingenuity by means of reasoning, experimentation,exploration and adventurism"

History says otherwise it was religion that put the european on the track to rule the world not science the same goes for the arab.

That's both correct and incorrect. Religion is responsible for the European Crusades, as well as the European dark ages. From a technological standpoint, religion set Europe back a good 400 years of potential advancements. Both were large-scale crimes against humanity

Is it any wonder why the Europeans immediately started stealing from/ stealing Africans around that time? Anything Christianity touches becomes tainted. The continent of Africa is the only example u should need but the same applies to the Americas as well

The decline in european civilzation and order that we call the dark ages has it's genesis in the barbarian tribes destruction of rome, the roman empire had been weakening it's military power by growing too large for centuries before that and by using too many non-romans in their armies. The people who destroyed rome used to work for rome.

religion helped the united roman empire hold onto power for a few centuries more THAN it would have had otherwise, it helped preserve the eastern empire for centuries more until it was finally defeated by islam. Meanwhile In western europe what was left of the knowledge of the romans was held onto by the church. Europeans stole from the arabs during the crusades because that is what they went there to do in the first place. Everything the european touches becomes tainted that that included christianity.

Bold: You and and I both know that the spread of christianity played a major role in the weakening of rome from the inside

Underlined: The crusades were holy wars. There were massacres, rapes and cannibalistic activities committed by christian soldiers in the name of ? and they killed/stole from a lot more than just muslims

No @ the bolded you cut the statement in half. Christianity started off as nothing but another cult, by the time christianity grew large enough to be a problem for the pagans rome was already weak and had a series of bad rulers.

Rome fell because they grew too big and had to use too mercenary soldiers to fight their battles who later turned on them. Christianity was used to unite the empire making it strong not weak

Christianity was the major religion within Rome for almost a century before Rome fell. 3rd century Rome, which was the period in which christianity was gaining popularity, was one of the most stable time periods in Rome. Then in the 4th century christians take over completely and by the 5th century Rome is a fraction of it's size. That coincidence?

Rome was on a slow march to military weakness centuries before christianity became popular and it was christianity that tacked on more stability to rome during the 4th century.western Rome was destroyed by the people it used to fight it's wars alaric was trained by rome and later sacked rome and that was what led to the decline of the western empire. Not religion.
  • zombie
    edited March 2014
    A large system like the roman empire does not fall in one century . the fall began by absorbing barbarins who had no love for the empire into the army. in centuries before it's fall rome would romanize it's conquered people it failed to do this with the germans and instead rome kind of paid them off by allowing them to join the military
  • xxCivicxx
    Ok then we disagree

Please show me one christian society that has lasted and thrived for 1000+ years. And catholicism would be a horrible response just fyi
  • zombie
    edited March 2014
    Ok then we disagree

Please show me one christian society that has lasted and thrived for 1000+ years. And catholicism would be a horrible response just fyi

The oldest christian nation is ethiopia . christianity stayed strong in the eastern empire for centuries after the west fell if your theory is correct why did the christanity was the east stay strong for so long when they had the greatest number of christians??
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Let's go back to the giraffes for a second because this is rather interesting.

Female giraffes, tend to have shorter necks than their male counterparts.
    Evolution tells us that the giraffe evolved to reach higher trees for food.
    Now if this was in fact the case how are giraffes not extinct?

This would mean only the male giraffes would be able to survive while the females would've died out due to their disadvantage.
    We all know that you need a male and female to reproduce.

Males eat at the top, females eat at the bottom. Evolution doesn't promise that a species is guaranteed to live if they don't adapt properly or fast enough.

Why would there be a need to evolve then?

The neck of the giraffe did not evolve due to the need to reach food. It is instead believe to be due to sexual selection. Males compete for females by 'necking'. They stand side by side and swing their heads at the other male. The winner gets the girl. In this type of display longer necks had an advantage.

• zombie
    edited March 2014
    Bodhi wrote: »
    ethopia

13928321523.gif

I misspelled big ? deal this is not a language arts class YOU hypocritical buddhist ? so ? out of here

"BODHI"
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok then we disagree

Greece may been doing poorly economically but there's been a huge orthodox population over there for well over 1,000 years.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodhi wrote: »
    ethopia

13928321523.gif

I misspelled big ? deal this is not a language arts class YOU hypocritical buddhist ? so ? out of here

"BODHI"

I wasn't laughing because you misspelled Ethiopia. See what happens when you assume?
  • xxCivicxx
    Ok yeah, so you guys are naming countries in ? states of development. You're proving my point
  • zombie
    Ok yeah, so you guys are naming countries in ? states of development. You're proving my point

Look you are factually incorrect byzantium was rich christian and powerful for centuries and so was ethiopia.
  • xxCivicxx

Look you are factually incorrect byzantium was rich christian and powerful for centuries and so was ethiopia.

Not only did byzantium not last 1000+ years under christiantity, catholicism was the main religion for the final 300-400 years of the empire which completely proves my point. Those are facts. Both Asian and Muslim culture have been more stable that christian culture(Muslim culture not that much more stable honestly). As I said before, christianity is a weapon of destruction
  • zombie

Not only did byzantium not last 1000+ years under christiantity, catholicism was the main religion for the final 300-400 years of the empire which completely proves my point. Those are facts. Both Asian and Muslim culture have been more stable that christian culture(Muslim culture not that much more stable honestly). As I said before, christianity is a weapon of destruction

When did I say byzantium lasted for 1000 years?? I said it last for centuries which it did and there is no one christian culture you can say what ever you want that does not make it real. Byzantium was founded in 330 fully split off from the west in 395 and fell in 1453 you are just running your mouth but you say nothing. A simple google search will you how wrong you are. Pick up a history book or take a class your ignorance of history is staggering
  • xxCivicxx

When did I say byzantium lasted for 1000 years?? I said it last for centuries which it did and there is no one christian culture you can say what ever you want that does not make it real. Byzantium was founded in 330 fully split off from the west in 395 and fell in 1453 you are just running your mouth but you say nothing. A simple google search will you how wrong you are. Pick up a history book or take a class your ignorance of history is staggering

Ok so I ask you to produce a christian society that sustained itself for 1000+ years and you can't come up with one so you name another random society and yet I'm the dumb one? You are consistently failing to comprehend what I'm saying but don't worry I will continue to embarrass you

Byzantium was a non-catholic christian society for ~600 years(not a long time at all for when compared to any truly successful culture throughout history) then switched to catholicism after a series of conflicts in the early 1000s ad and that's right when the Crusades began all the while byzantium was falling to pieces and was completely gone by the mid 1400s.

Good job trying to change the subject tho. Once again, please name a non-catholic christian society that has sustained itself for 1000+ years
  • zombie
    edited March 2014

Ok so I ask you to produce a christian society that sustained itself for 1000+ years and you can't come up with one so you name another random society and yet I'm the dumb one? You are consistently failing to comprehend what I'm saying but don't worry I will continue to embarrass you

Byzantium was a non-catholic christian society for ~600 years(not a long time at all for when compared to any truly successful culture throughout history) then switched to catholicism after a series of conflicts in the early 1000s ad and that's right when the Crusades began all the while byzantium was falling to pieces and was completely gone by the mid 1400s.

Good job trying to change the subject tho. Once again, please name a non-catholic christian society that has sustained itself for 1000+ years

I already told you ethiopia and most nations don't last even 500 years, rome and egypt are unique

byzantium had 1000 year of christian rule and so did ethiopia. Before the formal split with the western church byzantinum was differently religiously and did things there own ? way the so unity of the church was a nominal one. So yes you are the dumb one you don't have a ? clue about history especially religious history. And by the way ethiopian poverty is recent
  • xxCivicxx

I already told you ethiopia and most nations don't last even 500 years, rome and egypt are unique

byzantium had 1000 year of christian rule and so did ethiopia. Before the formal split with the western church byzantinum was differently religiously and did things there own ? way the so unity of the church was a nominal one. So yes you are the dumb one you don't have a ? clue about history especially religious history. And by the way ethiopian poverty is recent

I notice that you make statements like this when you get emotional. I don't argue with emotional dudes so I'm gonna stop here.

You still haven't answered my question btw. And there are multiple asian and african cultures that lasted for 1000+ years
  • xxCivicxx
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Ok then we disagree

Greece may been doing poorly economically but there's been a huge orthodox population over there for well over 1,000 years.

• zombie

I notice that you make statements like this when you get emotional. I don't argue with emotional dudes so I'm gonna stop here.

You still haven't answered my question btw. And there are multiple asian and african cultures that lasted for 1000+ years

of course you are going to stop because you have realized the flaws in your argument everything that i am saying as it relates to how long byzantium and ethiopia have/were christian nations has be historically documented. I don't even know why you continued this crazy discussion when you are so clearly wrong. Every ? history book on earth would tell you that you are wrong even atheist WHO don't like me here have to concede that you are historically wrong.