Eating Wheat is like eating AIDS...

Options
indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
because just like AIDS, the ? virus- it can transform your DNA expression.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/18/eating-wrong-plants-can-mess-dna-expression.aspx

Eating the Wrong Plants Can Mess With Your DNA Expression

There is also the field of lectinology, which has opened our eyes to how plants – particularly grains and legumes – have a set of defenses, not unlike "invisible thorns," which can cause direct, non-immune mediated harm to a wide range of tissues and organs within your body.

So whenever you eat rice and certain other plant foods, including potatoes and wheat, you are ingesting genetic material that may turn certain genes "off." To date, microRNA has been implicated in a number of diseases ranging from cancer and diabetes to Alzheimer's disease. But what exactly is microRNA, and why is it so important?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_produced_by_DNA#slide=5

What is produced by DNA?

when cells duplicate, DNA tells how the cell should react with its environment and how it should be constructed. For example when a person comes down with AIDS the AIDS virus meses with DNA and so when the cell duplicates through mitosis it duplicates another cell with AIDS. Spreading it around the body.

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign man....I used to date a doctor and she told me bread and grains are foods that actually cause damage inside the body, perhaps a defense mechanism to stop humans from eating it. Anything with sugar is a poison, and grains is not a good food to eat in the long run. Research also shows bread slows down your metabolism and makes you gain weight, causing other health problems

http://wellnessmama.com/575/how-grains-are-killing-you-slowly/

Gluten and Lectin now move their destructive dance to the gallbladder. The Gall bladder releases bile salts that help break down and properly digest foods. When the intestines are damaged, the chemical responsible for starting this bile secretion is not released. Bile backs up in the gall bladder, and cholesterol that is left there crystallizes into little “stones” that are usually surgically removed with the rest of the gall bladder. Talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face!

These chain-reactions created by grain consumption are shown to increase your risk of:
    •Various cancers including, drumroll please: pancreatic, colon, stomach and lymphoma
    •Autoimmune diseases like Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
    •Infertility
    •Diabetes
    •Obesity
    •Arthritis
    •Autism
    •Depression, Anxiety and Schizophrenia
    •Allergies

It all boils down to this: Grains are not healthy and they are toxic to the body. That is the way they were designed. The non-digestible proteins that wreak havoc in our system allow grains to pass un-harmed through the intestines of animals and emerge victorious and in a pile of fertilizer at the other end. Good for the grains-bad for us!
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So im not supposed to eat wat now?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can´t eat rice,Drink beer,potatoes,cereal.All kinds of fuckery going on.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Painful ? to know, but we'll all be the healthier for it. Medical bills ain't pretty these days. I just hope noodles isn't made from grain (too scared to find out I'm a noodle fanatic)
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe anything is wrong with eating grains or meat people have been eating grains for centuries now all of a sudden it's poison sounds like ? to me.

I think the problem is we eat too much of certain kinds of foods and alot of it is loaded with chemicals now and it's almost impossible for normal people to eat a balanced diet.
  • mumpy
    mumpy Members Posts: 35
    Options
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Painful ? to know, but we'll all be the healthier for it. Medical bills ain't pretty these days. I just hope noodles isn't made from grain (too scared to find out I'm a noodle fanatic)

Lookup what noodles are made from. You may/may not be happy.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Lookup what noodles are made from. You may/may not be happy.

I'm gonna look it up soon...
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    if you make the argument "eating wheat is like eating AIDS," yeah, i am just going to ignore your arguments in general

It isn't exactly like eating AIDS but there are several studies that are warning us about grain products and how it reacts almost the way poison or a parasite acts inside its host. Many people may not know this but unprocessed wheat actually makes you very sick. Zombie made a point that people have been eating grains for thousands of years but many health issues humans have, according to many, can be directly attributed to the large amounts of grains humans eat. It's a known fact humans are subject to many horrible diseases, many of which are perhaps preventable by at least eating less grains........

http://rpmftns.com/grains-the-delicious-poison/

Most Things Do Not Like To Die!

This may be a bit of a shocker to any vegetarians or vegans out there but plants are alive. Yes alive, similar to how a cow is alive, plants are alive. Now that this has sunk in, let me explain further.

Plants do not want to die they wish to live as long as they can and reproduce. Plants have various methods of survival in place. Some are quite crafty like berries for example. Berries taste delicious and want to be eaten as when they get pooped out their seeds are in a huge pile of eh ‘fuel’ to grow.

Other plants are craftier again, they have developed high level defence from being eaten and even touched, think poison ivy. Now these crafty plants are clear however there are an abundance of sneaky plants that we consume daily that destroy our innards.

Some of the proteins contained in grains are called lectins and are they problematic to your health. Sadly lectins are not broken down in the normal digestive process due to protase inhibitors and the amino acid proline, this results in large intact protein sitting in your gut.

Now that these large chunks of protein are left in your digestion tract they begin to cause problems. Amino Acids (broken down proteins) and sugar pass through your intestinal lining to be used by the body as normal. Lectins on the other hand pass through your intestinal lining intact.

Your body mistakes these lectin molecules as foreign bodies similar to bacteria, viruses or parasites. Our immune system is primed to protect the body from such things. So our body makes the antibodies to protect against these proteins. This is good.

Sadly as good as your immune system is in this case it’s destroy all apparent threats is trouble. These lectins look very similar to other proteins in your body.

So your immune system not only attacks the nasty lectins it also attacks the good proteins. This is what is called an auto immune response, when your immune system starts to attack healthy cells. Not good.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I don't believe anything is wrong with eating grains or meat people have been eating grains for centuries now all of a sudden it's poison sounds like ? to me.

I think the problem is we eat too much of certain kinds of foods and alot of it is loaded with chemicals now and it's almost impossible for normal people to eat a balanced diet.

I hear you, but how do you explain the studies coming out on this subject by scientists? I know scientists can be wrong at times but the avalanche of studies on this is lately something we should at least pay attention too. Even the Huffington Post had an article on the dangers of wheat, or at least eating too much of it......the Huffington Post is one of the largest online magazines in the world, so if even they make an article on it, something dramatic in the science community is developing......remember humans are subject to tons of auto immune diseases and other horrors, maybe this is a way we can help limit them....the full article was written in 2013 and to me is very powerful. I highly recommend people read the whole thing but here's a small sample, with links to scientific studies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-sisson/grains-and-health_b_3468528.html

Lectins are bad. They bind to insulin receptors, attack the stomach lining of insects, bind to human intestinal lining, and they seemingly cause leptin resistance. And leptin resistance predicts a "worsening of the features of the metabolic syndrome independently of obesity." Fun stuff, huh?

Gluten might be even worse. Gluten, found in wheat, rye, and barley, is a composite of the proteins gliadin and glutenin. Around 1 percent of the population are celiacs, people who are completely and utterly intolerant of any gluten. In celiacs, any gluten in the diet can be disastrous. We're talking compromised calcium and vitamin D3 levels, hyperparathyroidism, bone defects.

Phytates are a problem, too, because they make minerals bio-unavailable (so much for all those healthy vitamins and minerals we need from whole grains!), thus rendering null and void the last, remaining argument for cereal grain consumption.

We do not need grains to survive, let alone thrive. In fact, they are naturally selected to ward off pests, whether they be insects or hominids. I suggest we take the hint and stop eating them.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    It isn't exactly like eating AIDS but there are several studies that are warning us about grain products-
    so we can take issue with grain products without saying "wheat = AIDS," right?

• kingblaze84
    Options
    It isn't exactly like eating AIDS but there are several studies that are warning us about grain products-
    so we can take issue with grain products without saying "wheat = AIDS," right?

The words are a little strong but I understand where Indyman is coming from. I wouldn't use the exact words personally but maybe he has some links backing up what he says....either way, we can acknowledge this is something worth investigating or at least keeping our eye on? I'm willing to admit I could be wrong that too much grains are horrible for you, but just tonight, my homegirl was over, she's a chef and she says older chefs have long told her that dough and other breads are bad for people
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember reading somewhere that wheat is worse than regular bread. I guess it must be true hearing it it again.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    i think its more on eating too much than eating it period
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quit eating oats, grains and starches for a few months now, never felt better than I do now. After I got rid of the wheat I stopped getting cravings for cigarettes, nasal infections haven't come back, my back isn't sore in the a.m. for no good reason, I sleep better... I won't go back to eating that ? , ever.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah, Joseph Mercola, the owner of the site from which you are drawing all your 'knowledge' from. It's astounding the lack of critical thought and investigation some people display. But as the saying goes, there is a sucker born every minute and thank ? as it makes men like Mercola very rich.

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/mercola.html

FDA Orders Dr. Joseph Mercola
    to Stop Illegal Claims

Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Joseph Mercola, D.O., who practices in Schaumburg, Illinois, also operates one of the Internet's largest and most trafficked health information sites. In 2012, Mercola stated that his site had over 300,000 pages and is visited by "millions of people each day" and that his electronic newsletter has close 1,500,000 subscribers [1]. The site vigorously promotes and sells dietary supplements, many of which bear his name.

In 2004, Medical Economics reported that Mercola's practice employed 50 people and that he employed 15 people to run his newsletter, including three editors [2]. Much of his support comes from chiropractors who promote his newsletter from their Web sites. Two of his books hit the #2 sales rank on Amazon Books shortly after his newsletter plugged them for the first time. In 2006, according to an article in Chicago Magazine, Mercola stopped practicing medicine to focus on his Web site [3]. I have not seen the fact that he is no longer in practice mentioned on his Web site.

Many of Mercola's articles make unsubstantiated claims and clash with those of leading medical and public health organizations. For example, he opposes immunization [4] fluoridation [5], mammography [6], and the routine administration of vitamin K shots to the newborn [7]; claims that amalgam fillings are toxic [8]; and makes many unsubstantiated recommendations for dietary supplements. Mercola's reach has been greatly boosted by repeated promotion on the "Dr. Oz Show."

Mercola's Profits

Mercola is very critical of drug company profits and proudly states:

Mercola.com does NOT accept any third-party advertising or sponsorship, and I am in no way tied into any pharmaceutical company or any other corporate "interest" whatsoever. So you get the real inside scoop on health issues, with practical advice that matters to you untainted by outside influence! [1]

He also states:

Mercola.com is not . . . a tool to get me a bigger house and car, or to run for Senate. I fund this site, and therefore, am not handcuffed to any advertisers, silent partners or corporate parents. . . .

Profit generated from the sale of the products I recommend goes right back into maintaining and building a better site. A site that, startling as it may be with all the greed-motivated hype out there in health care land, is truly for you [9].

I don't doubt Mercola's sincerity—and I know nothing about how he allocates his income. But I recently made some interesting observations. The word "Mercola" on the labels of his "Dr. Mercola Premium Supplements" is service-marked. Records at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office say that he began using the mark in commerce in 2000, applied to register it in 2009, and was granted registration in 2010. The registration address is for his home in South Barrington, Illinois, which the BlockShopper Chicago Web site states has 5,083 square feet and was purchased by Mercola in 2006 for $2 million. The Bing Maps aerial view indicates that it is quite luxurious.
    In 2011, Mercola announced the formation of Health Liberty, a nonprofit coalition whose goals include promoting organic foods and targeting fluoridation, vaccination, genetically modified foods, and the use of amalgam fillings [10]. In a video accompanying the announcement, Mercola stated that he planned to donate $1 million to catalyze the project. In addition to Mercola.com, The coalition members are:

...it goes on

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2011/ucm250701.htm

mercola.gif
    C201202-Joseph-Mercola.jpg
  • janklow
    Options
    ...either way, we can acknowledge this is something worth investigating or at least keeping our eye on?
    nah, i think i'll just go eat a sandwich

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    ...either way, we can acknowledge this is something worth investigating or at least keeping our eye on?
    nah, i think i'll just go eat a sandwich

Knock yourself out lol, I know I eat a lot less grains now and have been doing so for years, never felt better. To each his own!
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    i think its more on eating too much than eating it period

This is also possible. I think it's impossible to stop eating all grains but for me, eating less of it has done wonders for how I feel everyday. I do slack off and eat fried rice time to time but I try to avoid bread like the plague
  • janklow
    Options
    Knock yourself out lol, I know I eat a lot less grains now and have been doing so for years, never felt better. To each his own!
    NO
    EVERYONE WILL EAT GRAINS AND LOVE GRAINS

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    NO
    EVERYONE WILL EAT GRAINS AND LOVE GRAINS

You want people to get a bunch of starch in their system that the human body naturally has trouble getting rid of? OK!!!!!! Just hope people at least eat less of it......
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grains aren't the problem. There is too much sugar, starch and salt in the American diet.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Grains aren't the problem. There is too much sugar, starch and salt in the American diet.

Agreed. It's the ratio that is ? up, not necessarily any single nutrient.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    jono wrote: »

Scientific research shows many health problems are related to grains though, should we just ignore those studies? The studies are large and comprehensive.