Eating Wheat is like eating AIDS...

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quit eating oats, grains and starches for a few months now, never felt better than I do now. After I got rid of the wheat I stopped getting cravings for cigarettes, nasal infections haven't come back, my back isn't sore in the a.m. for no good reason, I sleep better... I won't go back to eating that ? , ever.

So stop eating oatmeal!?!?!?! The same thing that reduces heart disease?!?!

Stop eating honey nut cheeios, but they said that reduces heart disease.

So stop eatign rice, but thats all Asians and Africans eat and they live to be 100 n ?

I hate to have this type of view on thngs, but ? is getting closer n closer to '? u might as well just eat whatever, b/c its ALL gon ? you.'
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Quit eating oats, grains and starches for a few months now, never felt better than I do now. After I got rid of the wheat I stopped getting cravings for cigarettes, nasal infections haven't come back, my back isn't sore in the a.m. for no good reason, I sleep better... I won't go back to eating that ? , ever.

So stop eating oatmeal!?!?!?! The same thing that reduces heart disease?!?!

Stop eating honey nut cheeios, but they said that reduces heart disease.

So stop eatign rice, but thats all Asians and Africans eat and they live to be 100 n ?

I hate to have this type of view on thngs, but ? is getting closer n closer to '? u might as well just eat whatever, b/c its ALL gon ? you.'

Oats have a fairly high glycemic index and glycemic load comparable to table sugar, as does rice and starches.

The food industry assumes most people live off coca cola and twinkies so yeah any kind of fibre will reduce their chances of heart disease I suppose, but fruits and veggies would do the same thing, without the high GI and GL.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Grains aren't the problem. There is too much sugar, starch and salt in the American diet.

Scientific research shows many health problems are related to grains though, should we just ignore those studies? The studies are large and comprehensive.

Doesn't matter what you eat you'll find a scientist that will say it's not good for you. Humans have been eating grains for centuries apparently they are okay.

However "enriched" and bleached breads with butter and jelly may be worse than other breads.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grains aren't the problem. There is too much sugar, starch and salt in the American diet.

Scientific research shows many health problems are related to grains though, should we just ignore those studies? The studies are large and comprehensive.

Doesn't matter what you eat you'll find a scientist that will say it's not good for you. Humans have been eating grains for centuries apparently they are okay.

However "enriched" and bleached breads with butter and jelly may be worse than other breads.

Humans have also been suffering from auto immune diseases and other horrors for centuries too lol but I won't be a food ? on the subject. The info is out there and for now, Ima play it safe and eat less of the stuff. And you're right on the kind of breads you mentioned, yuck
  • straitupisbacc
    straitupisbacc Members Posts: 5
    Options
    lmao i come bacc to checc out social lounge just to find a thread like this to have a laff at :))
  • rhymentekniq2.0
    rhymentekniq2.0 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    From personal experience I can tell you that Wheat Barley Rye, Spelt, and oats is every bit of a threat to your health and cause alot of Autoimmune disorders.

On the other hand Potatoes are not a problem, particularly Sweet potatoes and Yams.

Bread products and sugars account for the majority of the populations illnesses. They are the most profitable industries next to pharmaceuticals.

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    really makes me question my decision to buy mini wheats cereal
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    really makes me question my decision to buy mini wheats cereal
    Instead of mini wheats, go for eggs. Dice up some asparagus, red pepper(super high in vitamin C) shallots or other onion, fry those to add to the egg and cheese, bacon or sausage on the side.... that'll keep your stomach busy longer than mini wheats which is processed and converted to glucose within an hour or so and gone... and hungry again. Total time, 15 minutes.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Eggs are not a good everyday breakfast option
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Eggs are not a good everyday breakfast option
    Don't believe that ? about eggs and high cholesterol. Egg yolk contains lecithin which lower cholesterol. Wheat which converts to glucose quickly and if not used is converted to a LDL, which is bad cholesterol.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    That lecithin factoid has been shown to be false in several studies.

• BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    That lecithin factoid has been shown to be false in several studies.

:( I'm gonna die.
    No one said you had to eat egg every day. There are muffins you can eat using almond flour. Breakfast cookies using almond and coconut flour. Berries and cream(whipped naturally, few minutes) homemade sausage and cinnimon apples( 15-20 minutes). Your choices aren't limited excluded wheat ya know.
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our bodies were not meant to ingest and breakdown grains.

Sugar is the next closest threat. But grains do a host of things that negatively affect how your body functions
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm suppose to stop eating Nan bread without my curry?! ? it we all die. At least I'll have a smile on my face.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Sugar is terrible for you. Never eat fruit. Fruit gives you cancer. It is worse than eating motor oil.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said every year you hear "humans weren't supposed to eat _____" first it was meat, then dairy and now grains...only thing left is vegetation for hell's fire!

I say this: processed foods and artificial sweeteners need to go if anything, they add little to nothing and wreak the most havoc on your body.

Boycott coca-cola and Pepsi not wheat and rice.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont eat anything in excess... Ill be staight
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said every year you hear "humans weren't supposed to eat _____" first it was meat, then dairy and now grains...only thing left is vegetation for hell's fire!

I say this: processed foods and artificial sweeteners need to go if anything, they add little to nothing and wreak the most havoc on your body.

Boycott coca-cola and Pepsi not wheat and rice.

I think it might be better to reduce all food intake and get all nutrients and vitamins from herbal extracts.

th_51-0000-21.jpg

But food isn't the only thing that people should worry about. Apparently the powers that be are planting Genetically modified microscopic cotton worms that invade our skin and produce cotton fibers inside our skin. This website suggests that clothes should be boil and/or baked to get rid of the worms.

http://www.rense.com/general63/diaryofamorgellons.htm

parasites in cotton Enteropathogenic nematodes are used by ALL countries that produce cotton.
    the bacteria which produce fibers can do so inside the skin as well as outside it, as long as there are available proteins for it to use
    The "fiber ? " that are seen so often with the disease are in fact produced by the bacteria (not nematodes, or any other invertebrate species), using the proteins from skin, hair, cloth, etc.
    The bacteria themselves are quite infective, being able to invade the skin, and are felt as "itchy, stinging" sensations on the skin when they enter. When they are multiplying and (often) rapidly producing fibers, they can be felt as "tingling" or "crawling" sensations, on or under the skin.
    the bacterial spores infest clothing readily, and are quite heat resistant, a factor to which everyone with these fiber ? in their laundry can testify! (We must bake our clothes for 13 hours at 250 degrees to finally ? all the spores or boil 30 minutes & cool 30 minutes 3x in a row.)

This heat resistance is yet another verification that the bacteria have been genetically modified. As you may know, before the 1960s, it was commonly held in scientific circles that even the hardiest bacteria could not withstand lengthy temperatures of over 160 degrees. This notion was completely shaken when Thomas D. Brock of the University of Wisconsin-Madison began to study bacterial strains in the hot springs of Yellowstone which actually thrived and reproduced at near-boiling temperatures!
    Sometime in the seventies and at least by the eighties, the high heat genes in these bacteria began to be spliced by scientists into other bacteria (Bt bacterium used in GMO corn or cotton, for instance) and other organisms, enabling them to become far more heat resistant. Even naturally occurring pathogenic nematodes used in crop control are now being infected (in the laboratories) with heat resistant bacteria to make them more "effective" in killing their hosts.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People have been eating eggs wheat meat and all other kinds of things for centuries experience should tell us nothing is wrong with them. Use common sense over blind faith in ? studies.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I'm suppose to stop eating Nan bread without my curry?! ? it we all die. At least I'll have a smile on my face.

LOL this ? had me laughing
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Sugar is terrible for you. Never eat fruit. Fruit gives you cancer. It is worse than eating motor oil.

Whaaaaat? Fruit....BAD??? Where you hearing this from? And eh yo whose the chick on your sig? Looks like someone from the IC....
  • LUClEN
    Options

Whaaaaat? Fruit....BAD??? Where you hearing this from? And eh yo whose the chick on your sig? Looks like someone from the IC....

It's @Laqueefa the Pregnant Spider.

I know fruit isn't bad, it's a reductio ad absurdum directed at these people who think sugar is inherently bad
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Our bodies were not meant to ingest and breakdown grains.

Sugar is the next closest threat. But grains do a host of things that negatively affect how your body functions

Some don't hear you though lol but co-sign. Sugar should be avoided like the plague. I remember when I had acne 10 years ago, the breakouts were the most fierce after eating bread and sugar products. Now, my face is clear, and my diet is the main reason. Never used proactive or had surgery, I know others who can attest to the same, most of them Africans who aren't used to the western diet and had severe breakouts as a result. Most above age 25 but the link shows a link btw bread and acne....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2542801.stm

Eating too much bread may trigger acne in teenagers.

Scientists in the United States believe the refined grain and sugar in some bread can cause high levels of insulin.

Previous studies have suggested that too much insulin can cause acne.

Insulin link

This in turn leads to an excess of male hormones, which encourage the skin to excrete large amounts of sebum.

This grease-like substance encourages the growth of bacteria responsible for acne.

The scientists believe the modern Western diet is to blame.

Up to 60% of 12-year-olds and 95% of 18-year-olds suffer from acne.

But in a study to be published in the journal Archives of Dermatology, they point to a lack of acne among teenagers living in other parts of the world, where food is largely unprocessed.

They cite the examples of the Kitava Islanders in Papau New Guinea and the Ache of the Amazon, where acne is almost unknown.

"The only foods available to these populations are minimally processed foods," Ms Cordain told New Scientist magazine.

They also point to the experience of the Inuit people of Alaska. Acne only appeared when people there starting eating a Western diet.
  • mumpy
    mumpy Members Posts: 35
    Options
    Ted Cruz is a communist
  • kingblaze84
    Options

It's @Laqueefa the Pregnant Spider.

I know fruit isn't bad, it's a reductio ad absurdum directed at these people who think sugar is inherently bad

Oh I thought you were serious for a second....too much sugar is bad, and for some people, very bad