The Official Raid Redemption 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i usually go by myself to the flicks as it is but i was trying to put the fool onto this madness though....ended up going solo in the end.

One GIF review of how this movie made me feel whilst i was watching it

tumblr_lmjmdbzajx1qdq5u6.gif
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    during the car chase when that camera zoomed out from the first car,made its way to the second through the front and then out the back...

300ccadb_05-The-Rock.gif
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    during the car chase when that camera zoomed out from the first car,made its way to the second through the front and then out the back...

300ccadb_05-The-Rock.gif

Yeah, that shot had me wondering how the hell they pulled that off. I read somewhere that one of the cameras they used for the car chase was a Go Pro 3 so it was probably that.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

300ccadb_05-The-Rock.gif

Yeah, that shot had me wondering how the hell they pulled that off. I read somewhere that one of the cameras they used for the car chase was a Go Pro 3 so it was probably that.

Page 2...of this thread
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

300ccadb_05-The-Rock.gif

Page 2...of this thread

Missed that. GOAT ish.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a lot more story than raid one, but it paid the ? off... the action was past sick, the fights were so beautiful...

the chase scene was up there with matrix 2 forreal.....

i can't wait to own this blue ray......

i hope the lead actor and director stay together, cuz they're 2/3 with classics.....

the first movie Merantau was good, too much story...but the actions was still GOAT...good movie, not quite a classic...

but raid 1 & 2 are easy classics....some of the ? in there just had me in awe...and i had very high expectations
  • Dupac
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    quick question tho?
    how mad dog in this and he got killed in 1?

yea we were like....uh... i guess so...i'll buy it
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hammer girl and bat boy were on some other ? . When she pulled them ? out her purse? ? awesome. Every fight scene was tryna best the last one. After every one I had to remember to breathe. And the car chase? Pfftt...

Classic, classic, classic.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    quick question tho?
    how mad dog in this and he got killed in 1?

yea we were like....uh... i guess so...i'll buy it

same actor different character

Finally saw this weekend and it was well worth the wait. Wasn’t as straight forward as the original. This one had a lot of story and plot twists (for a straight up action flick) but once it going it was unrelenting. That last fight scene seemed like it lasted 15 minutes, I was literally on the edge of my seat during most of the fight scenes and I’ve never been to a show where the audience seemed to be so invested.
    The last flick I bought on Blu Ray the Raid and next movie I buy will be the Raid 2.

• VisionBOasis
    VisionBOasis Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Options
    That fight scene in the kitchen smh...and that gotdamn bat boy and hammer girl. This ish is classic...I hope a 3rd one is on the way.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got back from seeing this......gonna be really hard for any other action flick to impress me the rest of the year. Gotdamn @ when he left the bat in dude face.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw this last night..

why they ? my man andi mad early though? I mean I guess for the plot's sake it needed ramma to have a real reason to go after bejo and them though..

2 things I didnt like though was

1.how I thought my man mad dog just shook off that light ficture to his neck and died before I thought he would fight ramma again. But somebody explained that he was an entirely diff character in this one though.(didnt really like that they did that though) I just wish he had a major fight though not like when Uco set him up in the club.

2. Ramma didnt even get to ? bejo himself since he killed his brother.

That dude who fought ramma in the kitchen though was that ? .

FOH when bat boy knocked that dude almost unconscious from hitting him in the back with a baseball..And was hammer girl just deaf because when she got her glasses knocked off, Im like wait..."is she blind too?"

My girl didnt like it as much as the first one although she liked that this one had more of a plot and story. I appreciated the story too though and the action was enough for me but it cant compare to the gritty rawness and non-stop action of the 1st.

I will be in the theater again for the 3rd though. I just dont like when america gets their hands on foreign movies and water it down. Hope that doesnt happen with the next one
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie slightly prefer the first.
    Wanted to c them Japanese cats get into it on some karate vs whatever tf martial arts the star uses. Don't know y they muted the conversation but I'm pretty sure they offered him a job.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I gotta see part 1. This ? looks hella dope
  • Dupac
    Options
    yea they definitely were offering him a job.....

? prolly went

"where's uco?"
    "dead"
    "where's bejo?"
    "dead"
    "where's bangun?"
    "dead"
    "did you ? them?"
    "yes"
    "and all these people too?"
    "yes"
    "? ? .....u wanna job?"
    "no...i'm done for now"

instant respect

best part was when baseball kid pulled hammer girl out the room and she was like

"hol up, my hammers"

• 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ill ? is when son fought hammer girl and batboy in that hallway..that ? is classic
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I just dont like when america gets their hands on foreign movies and water it down.

Too late. The American remake is being developed as we speak. Apparently Sony wants the Hemsworth brothers to play the brothers in that version.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U shouldn't even joke like that.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The American version is gonna be so ass.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where can I get a good torrent
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour-Cream wrote: »
    Where can I get a good torrent

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    U shouldn't even joke like that.

Am I the only person on this subforum that actually follows movie news sites? this news is old.
    Though Screen Gems first acquired remake rights to Gareth Evans’ Indonesian action film The Raid two years ago, after the film made waves with its TIFF debut, the studio now finally looks ready to pull the trigger on the American redo. Variety reports that Patrick Hughes is in final negotiations to take the helm of The Raid remake from a script by Brad Ingelsby (Out of the Furnace).

The original pic finds an elite Indonesian S.W.A.T. raiding a gangster-ridden building, facing tough opposition as they climb floor-by-floor. Evans’ film and its upcoming sequel The Raid 2 are both very heavy on martial arts, favoring unique and intense fighting styles over explosions and gunplay, so it’ll be interesting to see how Hughes approaches the action in this remake.

Hughs previously directed the 2010 revenge film Red Hill, but he most recently stepped up to the big leagues by helming the star-filled action sequel The Expendables 3, which opens this August. Meanwhile, The Raid 2 hits U.S. theaters on March 28th. You can read Matt’s review of the Evans-helmed follow-up here. Watch the trailer for the original after the jump. [Update: The Wrap adds that, while no casting has been done on the film, the studio reportedly would like Chris and Liam Hemsworth to star. Again, nothing official and those two are very busy guys, but that's the early word.]

http://collider.com/the-raid-remake-patrick-hughes/
    Currently finishing up "The Expendables 3," filmmaker Patrick Hughes is slated to tackle said remake and spoke with Coming Soon about what the plans are for the remake and how it will differ from the original:

"We have a really, really interesting take on that film. One thing, obviously the original just blew my mind.... The thing that blew my mind with that film was the aesthetics and the fight sequences but also the simplicity of the premise, and there's so much you can do with that.

So our take on it is really interesting and I feel like if anything what I want to do is elevate the emotional aspect of it, and I think those are my favorite action films of all time when you can balance the action and the emotion."

Hughes then went into surprising detail about how they plan to "Americanise" the film's premise:

"Certainly, we're not there to recreate that film beat for beat, with the set up we're following a DEA task team, which was implemented by the Bush administration after September 11th when they realized that terrorism and the drug trade were so closely aligned.

So they set up a DEA task team that's six units and they work across borders and sort of act like Navy SEALS. You never read about it, you never hear about it, but they go on these missions.

So that's a really interesting take and a really nice premise and also what's interesting on this take on it is the clash of cultures and the clash of martial arts, the fighting styles, which is something that's going to be a lot of fun when we've really started pre-vizzing stuff."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31710/new-details-on-the-raid-remake

Gareth Evans (director of The Raid: Redemption and The Raid 2: Berandal) speaks on the remake and The Raid 3:
    The Raid 2: Berandal will soon be smashing its way into theaters worldwide, but it seems like people are almost more interested in what's going to happen with the recently announced American remake.

Earlier this month, we learned that The Expendables 3 director, Patrick Hughes, had signed on to direct the English-language remake of the Indonesian action hit, The Raid. With The Raid 2's director currently doing the rounds promoting his upcoming sequel, CraveOnline took the time to ask his opinion of the remake and its director. Regarding Hughes, Gareth Evans stated:

I think what worked for me was the fact that nobody questioned what I wanted to do on that, the same way I don’t think anyone should question what Patrick wants to do on that. For me, in order for that film to work really well, they’ve got to let him go off into his sandbox, play around and see what he comes up with. When they suggested Patrick, I had no problem at all because he’s a super talented director. Red Hill, ? great film. Such a great movie.

Currently, The Raid remake has no official roles cast, although rumors suggest that Chris and Liam Hemsworth could both be up for parts. When Crave asked if the bulkier frames of these actors would take away from the martial arts aspect of the original, Evans replied:

They’re pretty tall, right? It depends right now. Me on a personal level, I’d ? love to see them put Scott Adkins in there. I’m just going to say that right off because I just think he’s great and I’ve wanted to work with him before. For him to be able to get a real, good ? solid role like that in a studio film where it’s all about gearing up towards martial arts, something that he’s fully capable of, it’d be great. Michael Jai White would be great as well, all these guys. I could geek out about all the guys I want to see in these films and hopefully they get a chance.

However, ultimately, Evans concluded that the remake would still have hand-to-hand combat at its fore. He continued:

I don’t think the action discipline is going to veer too far away from what we did. What I hope they do is take the basic premise and then use that as a springboard for him to go off and create his own action style completely. You could still do that deconstruction of weaponry down to hand to hand combat. You could still do that, but they don’t have to follow scene by scene the same as we did. That’s what, for me, what is most refreshing about a remake of this as opposed to a remake of something where it’s all about following the characters and the plot exactly the same to the tee. This is an opportunity to take the bare bones of it, the crux of it and do something completely fresh. It’s like a second pass of doing different action sequences.

He also outlined his own directorial plans for the future. Although he will be returning for The Raid 3 , Evans suggests he's going to work on a few new projects in the interim. He stated:

I’m not touching The Raid 3 for a couple of years from now. I don’t have any plans to do The Raid 3 within the next two or three years so I’m going to take a break from that franchise for a bit. I want to do some things outside of Indonesia for like two films, then come back to Indonesia and shoot The Raid 3. I have another one I want to shoot with him [Raid star Iko Uwais] first. Still in the action genre and it’s something that he needs to train for for a fair amount of time. You have to make good with some weaponry, my friend.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He knows his ? . Michael Jai White and Scott Adkins are a beast but this is white Hollywood we're talking about.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I wouldnt watch the remake no matter who is in it. I just dont want gareth evans' ? to get watered down...

But I see he wants to do another movie with iko Uwais before the raid 3 so im good
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remake is totally unnessecary....but I cant hate on Evans caking.

the Whole reason why the raid movies are so ? awesome is cause they know their ? ....Evans been studying Silat and Indonesia for yeats, Iko is a master as well as some of the other actors. Iko is the real deal, you saw how he threw them pallets? The kitchen scene was possible cause both them bros are og martial artists, you cant duplicate that ? with a couple months training and Camera angles lol.

? Hollywood.