Black people and their selective religious beliefs

THOT PILGRIM
THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Whats up with black women & claiming tubal ligation, birth control & abortion is sacrilegious, but they have no problem bussinitopen out of wedlock with multiple fathers?

Noticing this a lot lately in clinic.

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's called being a hypocrite....

you don't have to be religious to be one.......and being religious doesn't make you above being one either
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Hoes will be hoes ,amen.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't black people, this is all people. ? listen to any country song, all that ? is about is premarital sex.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    another black women bashing thread by a black woman... make sure y'all keeping score...
    anyway, word... what up with that?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People tend to rank sins even though their ? doesn't. So one isn't seen as that bad in comparison to others.

Another idea is that they believe they would be forgiven for transgressions.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First:

Titus 1:16 - They profess that they know ? ; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate

Second:

2 Timothy 3:5 - Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

last:

Romans 2:3

Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of ? ?

Matthew 7:5 - Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because ? doesn't exist
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hypocrisy isn't limited to Christian black women.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea thats a mighty broad brush you have..
    Is everyone else above
    What about the nonbelievers are they free to run amok morally because they dont answer to a higher power do to speak.
  • THOT PILGRIM
    another black women bashing thread by a black woman... make sure y'all keeping score...

Bashing? No, asking a question pertinent to my experiences as of late. I work in a clinic that serves minority & low income women so thats all ive been seeing.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime directive
  • Arya Tsaddiq

Bashing? No, asking a question pertinent to my experiences as of late. I work in a clinic that serves minority & low income women so thats all ive been seeing.

everyone is a hypocrite in their own right in one way or another. So to point the finger solely at black Christian woman is unfair. People in general have a problem with being unrighteous, myself included at times. So I never condemn anyone's actions for any other reason than reproof.
  • THOT PILGRIM

everyone is a hypocrite in their own right in one way or another. So to point the finger solely at black Christian woman is unfair. People in general have a problem with being unrighteous, myself included at times. So I never condemn anyone's actions for any other reason than reproof.

But I'm asking a question pertinent to my fellow black women. Idgaf about hypocrites of other races. What about our progress?

Get outta here with that 'but they do it too' ? .
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand dude that actively try to ? their friends sisters, but become furious when one of their friends ? their sister.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many feelings.

Christianity is renowned for its goals of increasing congregation sizes. I wouldn't put it past these churches to be instilling values in women to have them saying yes to premarital sex and no to contraception/abortion, just to get a bigger audience and more money in that collection plate.
  • THOT PILGRIM
    Is everyone else above
    What about the nonbelievers are they free to run amok morally because they dont answer to a higher power do to speak.

Equally damaging but far worse when you're justifying birthing kids into poverty with religion. Counseling & education isn't going to help women who seriously believe that being poor barefoot uneducated & pregnant is ? 's will.

This thread is meant to help me write a teaching plan for my project. I'm seriously trying to write a good plan for getting through to them.
  • Arya Tsaddiq

But I'm asking a question pertinent to my fellow black women. Idgaf about hypocrites of other races. What about our progress?

Get outta here with that 'but they do it too' ? .

Why u worried about what they on tho?

Are you right?

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Is everyone else above

Equally damaging but far worse when you're justifying birthing kids into poverty with religion. Counseling & education isn't going to help women who seriously believe that being poor barefoot uneducated & pregnant is ? 's will.

This thread is meant to help me write a teaching plan for my project. I'm seriously trying to write a good plan for getting through to them.

people will only change when they want to...its that simple.

The reality of it is that people either dont care how the conduct themselves because there aren't any percieved immediate repercussions for immortality, or they choose to feed the flesh and ignore commandments.

the current state of the majority of churches does not help either. Preachers are in the BUSINESS of building congregation numbers, and preaching smooth talk. Diff that makes people feel good, but doesn't challenge them. Its the equivalent of a teacher allowing a student to be subpar and saying, "its ok. At least ur trying." that is not good enough.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Will Munny wrote: »
    This isn't black people, this is all people.
    pretty much this right here