Wade fired shots at kobe
    link?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Wade fired shots at kobe
    link?
    "There's a lot of causes that go on, that players get behind, and it's not all black causes," Wade said. "You know what I mean? Most of the causes have something to do with something that's near and dear to you. Like Chris [Bosh] writing on his shoe earlier in the year, because his wife is Venezuelan."
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Wade has regard for—and a relationship with—Bryant, enough that he commonly refers to the Lakers great as "Kob." Still, Wade acknowledged that he had a respectful "difference of opinion" with Bryant about the stand that Heat players took for slain teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @LPast‌

You know how I roll I cant defend colorblind idealism
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Kobe said was "I'm not going to automatically defend someone because they're black"
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OhPee wrote: »
    All Kobe said was "I'm not going to automatically defend someone because they're black"

Don't...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    As a Kobe Fan, he took the L. He shoulda kept his opinions to himself. I wont call him a ? cuz I know where he's coming from but he definitely comes off as insensitive and out of touch with "black america".

Let it be known tho the same "black america" sometimes have a ? up mentality of what black is and wont ? with you if youre not on a certain level of celebrity or riches and/or have a certain "swag".

Its a thin line between a catch 22...

? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black America is no more monolithic than any other race.
    It aint what he said as much as it is the the purpose and timing...
    To imply that blacks are hive minded to a higher degree than any other group is a flat out lie.

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? really hate Kobe lol
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Wade fired shots at kobe
    link?
    "There's a lot of causes that go on, that players get behind, and it's not all black causes," Wade said. "You know what I mean? Most of the causes have something to do with something that's near and dear to you. Like Chris [Bosh] writing on his shoe earlier in the year, because his wife is Venezuelan."

@blackrain‌

"It was our backyard, and being in our backyard, being something that a lot of guys on this team—not only growing up in the kind of environment that Trayvon was in—but also having young boys," Wade told Bleacher Report. "Knowing that he is a big fan of the Miami Heat. That is something that we got behind. As a team. I can't even say the organization. It was as a team. We got behind it. And it was more so that than the color of his skin."

shots fired
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as a kobe fan... thats my ? but dude out of touch... but givin his child hood and upbringing this dont surprise me...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the only reason kids in italy aint treat him like a ? was because he was the son of a basketball player.

he didnt get a real taste of reality