American ?

Options
HafBayked
HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
jz9y1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jVNmgHKweU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0T6AbWx4Y4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyJxZ8LXPcI

Kinda old but I just watched this ? last night on netflix...dude had me in tears the whole movie

This easily just got bumped to my top 10 movies list....maybe top 5

Comments

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the last scene is my favorite. when he moonwalked into the room with an ace hyping huey lewis and the news I bout lost it lol.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    hell yeah lol....i know he had fun playing this role
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    When he changed his mind about killing that ? dude was hilarious.

Can somebody answer this cause I read two different perspectives on imdb, did he really ? all those people? One person said it was all in his mind thee other said he did its just people didn't notice cause they were so self absorbed and that everybody was pretty much the same they couldn't tell the difference between bateman and davis....I think it's the 2nd one
  • HafBayked
    Options

Can somebody answer this cause I read two different perspectives on imdb, did he really ? all those people? One person said it was all in his mind thee other said he did its just people didn't notice cause they were so self absorbed and that everybody was pretty much the same they couldn't tell the difference between bateman and davis....I think it's the 2nd one

yeah i think he just fantasized about doing all that ? .....but the other explanation sounds decent too *shrugs*

that was only thing that ? me up

but when he had the shootout with the police and the damn car blew up, even he looked like "wtf?"....so thats when i figured he was just ? crazy and none of that ? was happening..

the ATM said "feed me a stray cat" lmao
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yooo like 2 weeks ago I was with a bunch of ? and hoes watching this ? and was ? . ? couldnt hear the movie from me and other dude laughing so much from this ? . When dude pulled out the better looking business card my dude was like "up! bout to get carved up!" and I was laughin for like 2 straight mins from that ? lol
  • HafBayked
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    yooo like 2 weeks ago I was with a bunch of ? and hoes watching this ? and was ? . ? couldnt hear the movie from me and other dude laughing so much from this ? . When dude pulled out the better looking business card my dude was like "up! bout to get carved up!" and I was laughin for like 2 straight mins from that ? lol

lmfao....man i swear to ? when i seen the gold letters i was like "oh you dead meat buddy"
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love this so much

It's why I'm doing a project called Afro American ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a classic. One of my favorite movies. It is quite hilarious too, him throwing a chainsaw at ol girl gets me everytime.
  • loch121
    edited March 2014
    Options

I really think it was all in his head....bcuz when he started confessing at the end to his "lawyer" he just blew him off like he was crazy....so i really dont think he killed anyone.

he really had me laughing tho when the one girl tried to run away and he throws the chainsaw down the stairwell at her...lol

Yes Patrick Bateman killed those ppl,but he is an unreliable narrator so he may distort facts

He really did ? Paul Allen,that's why that detective was asking him about the disappearance of Paul Allen

What happened was that a theme of American ? is the fact that all those Wallstreet guys looked alike and were clones

Paul Allen really did die, but somebody said they saw him in England, but it was because Bateman left a phony voice mail about going to London

But really what happened was they saw another dude who wasn't Paul Allen and thought it was him because everybody looked the same

Later a guy named Halberstram is blamed for Paul Allen's disappearance and he leaves the US.bateman had been mistaken for Halberstram earlier in the movie.Paul Allen's diary said he was going to dinner w/ Halberstram,but he had mistaken Halberstram for Bateman,because everybody's a clone.he really was going to dinner w/ bateman and Bateman did ? him

Patrick may have been bugging out w/ the shoving a cat in an ATM and imagining conversations but he killed those ppl for real

The other theme of the movie is that ppl were so caught up in the High life they didn't even notice or really care that Bateman is murdering ppl and Paul Allen's land lady just wants to sale that apt. they probably cleaned yp the body and just don't care.

At the end his own lawyer mistakes him for another guy named Davis.

The lawyer says he saw Paul Allen in London 10 days ago,but he's mistaken Paul for another guy from Wallstreet

The director said this

"One thing I think is a failure on my part is people keep coming out of the film thinking that its all a dream, and I never intended that. All I wanted was to be ambiguous in the way that the book was. I think it's a failure of mine in the final scene because I just got the emphasis wrong. I should have left it more open ended. It makes it look like it was all in his head, and as far as I'm concerned, it's not"

Bateman really killed ppl
  • HafBayked
    Options
    Thanks for tying that up lol....
  • loch121
    edited March 2014
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    Thanks for tying that up lol....

LOL I really love this movie

If I'm gonna do a project based on this I better know what it's about

Replace wallstreet w/ the state of commercial hip hop and that's the concept of my project

A bunch of clone rappers who look the same and nobody cares that real MCs are out here who ? ?

This video to my song Spaz Out is loosely based on American ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWF0DkfI2zk

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a black comedy
  • loch121
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    It was a black comedy

yeah it is actually a Horror/ comedy or black comedy
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like that scene where he kills the ? in his living room. Cant remember who they were listening to, but i want to say it was whitney houston or someone. Just hilarious the history lesson he's giving her before he kills her lol.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    This video to my song Spaz Out is loosely based on American ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWF0DkfI2zk

ay this ? tight tho folk....i ? wit it
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never thought it was all in his head. have not seen it in years though. Anyone see the sequel? I am sure its wack.
  • loch121
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I never thought it was all in his head. have not seen it in years though. Anyone see the sequel? I am sure its wack.

The sequel is unrelated besides the girl is supposed to had killed Bateman, after he kills her babysitter as a kid and turned into a serial killer herself

It stars Mila Kunis before she made good movies and it's horrible

I've watched it a few times hoping it gets better

It's better if you view at as a real comedy and not a horror/comedy cause it's bad real bad,like awful

This movie isn't canon to to the story.

The real sequel would be Lunar Park where Bateman is a character in another book by the same dude who wrote AP

It doesn't star Bateman but he's in it

They been talking about making a movie for years of the book Lunar Park
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if anybody is a big fan of the movie and hasn't read the book I would highly recommend it. the book is a lot more ? up, the movie would easily be NC-17 if it had followed too close to the book
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Love this movie. This was my avi for a minute

bateman-pop-art1.jpg
  • loch121
    Options
    This thread made me go to IMB which led to me finding one of the funniest things on the net

PPL in the American ? IMB thread only answer questions w/ quotes from the movie retooled to be sarcastic answers

The ? is hilarious

I gotta get this project out.After 14 yrs ppl still love this movie

Red cafe played w/ the concept,but didn't really go in depth.

I been talking about doing mine waay before red cafe dropped his mixtapes
  • HafBayked
    Options
    Love this movie. This was my avi for a minute

bateman-pop-art1.jpg

Ohhh no ? ....I remember seeing that too and wondered where it was from
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all the scenes where he's getting his music critique on were funny

and the scene where he follows luis carruthers into the bathroom to choke him out after he showed his new business card, only for luis to think it was a come on. then after he started washing his hands with his gloves still on! lol