Immigration: Good Or Bad Thing? UK And The rest of the world

Options
Kliimaxx
Kliimaxx Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
Impact of Immigration on UK Economy

by Tejvan Pettinger on November 6, 2013 in economics
In the past two decades, the UK has experienced a steady flow of net migrants into the economy. Net migration is a significant factor in the growth of the UK population. But, does this net migration help or hinder the UK economy?

net-migration-outflows-inflows-500x370.png

Impact of Immigration on UK Economy

by Tejvan Pettinger on November 6, 2013 in economics
In the past two decades, the UK has experienced a steady flow of net migrants into the economy. Net migration is a significant factor in the growth of the UK population. But, does this net migration help or hinder the UK economy?

Link;http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/6399/economics/impact-of-immigration-on-uk-economy/

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I live in a country where an enormous chunk of the population is retiring and expecting to get money from the government in their old age. I live in a time when these people are expected to be receiving this money for a good 30 years or so. I also live in a place where people native to the country are not likely to have more than two kids. Considering the financial burden these baby boomers are going to be for my generation it makes sense to crank up the immigration because these costs will be more manageable if there are more people paying them.

Not to mention the fact that if I am getting ransacked because of these same baby boomers, I am much less likely to want to have any kids at all.