Ladies: How much control does your mama have over you?

twatgetta
twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in The Powder Room
Like, do you have to get her approval on everything?
Does she dictate your decisions, even as an adult?
Does she control your money and spending habits and decisions?
If SHE ain't happy, you ain't happy?
If she doesn't like your choice of man you'll feel bad because she's not approving?
If you don't have a "wedding" will she be disappointed and you'll never live it down?
If you don't like something she said, you don't express it, just let her do her thang becuz "that's my mama"?
bonus question: Does your Daddy leave the house when your mama get home?....lol

Lemme hear your side of the story.

mother_daughter_arguing.jpg

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We live on the opposite end of Houston than my parents, but my mom and I work in the same building so there's plenty of interaction throughout the work week.

I probably tell her more than I should, but I have no qualms about voicing my opinion to my mother.

While I do consider her opinions, they do not dictate my decisions.

She loves my bf, but if she were to disrespect him, I'd be quick to defend him.

This is my life and I'm an adult, respect that and we're good.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know this also cause my wife and her mother or more like younger/older sister relationship than anything.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like, do you have to get her approval on everything? No. We are very different depending on the topic at hand. We tend not to think alike on certain things.
    Does she dictate your decisions, even as an adult? HAILLL NO. I don't like to be told what to do. By anyone.
    Does she control your money and spending habits and decisions? Nope. She gives me financial tips, though.
    If SHE ain't happy, you ain't happy? Not necessarily. I hate to see her sad/mad, though.
    If she doesn't like your choice of man you'll feel bad because she's not approving? She's liked every guy I've dated.
    If you don't have a "wedding" will she be disappointed and you'll never live it down? She won't be disappointed, but may find it odd. She just wants to see me happy. She'd never "not let me live something down" if she knew that would bother me if she did.
    If you don't like something she said, you don't express it, just let her do her thang becuz "that's my mama"? Nah, I vocalize to BOTH my parents when they get to trampling on my nerves.
    bonus question: Does your Daddy leave the house when your mama get home?....lol Nah, they'll sit down and argue over who's better: UNC or Duke. SMH.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not necessarily her approval, but I do take her advice to heart when I ask for it.
  • #Savagechick
    #Savagechick Members Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Hmmm no. We're close but I don't let her control every aspect of my life.