Was I wrong for shattering my Pops dream on his 66th Bday…..

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    MzKB wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Ya' pops shouldn't be disappointed (with you anyway).

It's better that he know the truth.

Ya' moms foul BTW.

That's the thing…My Pops knows my Mom is selfish. So it was a shock to him that she even would fathom doing something like this.

He was more shocked at the fact that he actually thought she did this herself!

Word. And why should he believe that lie ?

And why should you be complacent in your mom's selfishness ?

I don't blame you, I damn sure couldn't do it.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Speaking up and sayin "we", wouldnt have crushed him. Nothing wrong with getting your daughter to help put together a party. But pulling him to the side and telling him his wife lied is ? up.

So it's cool that my Mom lied and I'm wrong for telling the truth? Oh ok

I said you shouldve spoke up right when she said that, and said " you mean we" , that wouldve been that. Now there's a lie floating around, and you know he's gonna bring it up to her. So either way you gonna have to hear her mouth. Best thing to do is always keep things in the open.

Like I said before my Pops and I are super close and confide in each other.
    She doesn't know a thing.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Copper wrote: »
    Yea you were wrong for pulling him aside and telling him, you shouldve said it infront of everybody.

"You mean WE set it up"

I didn't want to embarrass her.

But you aint mind crushing pops spirit?

My Pops and I are super close. He confides in me and I confide in him…..so I wanted to keep the embarrassment between my Dad, husband, and myself!

Right after the dinner though?
    He ain't eeen have time to digest ? ....
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. He deserved to know your role in the whole operation. Not necessarily for "credit", but because yo mama made it seem like you did nothing and didn't care as much. You need to have a serious conversation with your mother most of all, though.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Yes
    Yea you were wrong for pulling him aside and telling him, you shouldve said it infront of everybody.

"You mean WE set it up"

My Pops and I are super close. He confides in me and I confide in him…..so I wanted to keep the embarrassment between my Dad, husband, and myself!

#bars
  • MzKB
    No
    KingSimba wrote: »
    You weren't technically wrong for being upset. But maybe the truth could have come out differently. @INCREDIBLE_DRO‌ hit it on the head. It was his birthday and maybe you should have just left it up to moms to tell the truth. I would have talked to her and told her how it made u feel. If she understood ur issue, she may have been willing to tell him the truth in private.

Matthew 18:15-17 - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother

Colossians 3:13 - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

Yo for real, I completely understand what you and Dro and everybody else is saying but my Moms is a different breed of woman. Talking to my Mom would not have done anything.

My Mom was feeling guilty after what she did….I know this because all of a sudden she me gives money for the cake and then tells me that her and my father want to plan something for my husbands' and I anniversary.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo moms ain't ? ...you better get a DNA test you might not be his
    And yeah you ? up for shattering his dreams

And ain't no strike 4 and 5 in baseball... smh females

thats what I was thinking

im thinking this ? obviously is referring to bowling wit all these strikes cause she aint know ? about baseball lol
  • MzKB
    No

"You mean WE set it up"

I was boiling yo!!!
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    oh and it sounds like ya moms aint ?
    Word.
    lol @mzkb u got one of those mamas. The kind who do more for friends and church folk than they own fam..

This ratchet mess got me dyin!
  • MzKB
    No
    Nope. He deserved to know your role in the whole operation. Not necessarily for "credit", but because yo mama made it seem like you did nothing and didn't care as much. You need to have a serious conversation with your mother most of all, though.

When it comes to my father none of my siblings or my mother do anything for him. I'm the one who always calls and ask what are we doing for Pops for his b-day, christmas, fathers day etc…

I wasn't doing it for credit at all. I just wanted my father to know that I helped! I didn't take all the credit though.
    But for my Mom these ? hitting me up weeks in advance wanting to know what WE are doing for Mom!! ? is irritating! My father does so much and gets neglected the most!
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You weren't technically wrong for being upset. But maybe the truth could have come out differently. @INCREDIBLE_DRO‌ hit it on the head. It was his birthday and maybe you should have just left it up to moms to tell the truth. I would have talked to her and told her how it made u feel. If she understood ur issue, she may have been willing to tell him the truth in private.

Matthew 18:15-17 - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother

Colossians 3:13 - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

Yo for real, I completely understand what you and Dro and everybody else is saying but my Moms is a different breed of woman. Talking to my Mom would not have done anything.

My Mom was feeling guilty after what she did….I know this because all of a sudden she me gives money for the cake and then tells me that her and my father want to plan something for my husbands' and I anniversary.

I feel you. That does seem very selfish. She may have jusy wanted to impress him. Idk ur moms. But from things you've posted, i sense bad blood between yall. Maybe its time to try to sit her down and try to have a talk about her actions and how they make you and others feel. If she isn't receptive, take it in stride and jusy keep in in mind from this point on. You cant change a persons character. That's your mom. Either you gonna rock with her and how she is, or not. That's up to you. But it shouldn't be a surprise when she does some foul stuff at the expense of you or others.

With that said, i dont think you were wrong, maybe just had bad timing.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mzkb

you should have let this slide just for the sake tha ? was so happy and ?

and then tell him at another time, and let your moms know to stop taking credit for something she did nothing for
  • MzKB
    No
    Trillfate wrote: »
    oh and it sounds like ya moms aint ?
    Word.
    lol @mzkb u got one of those mamas. The kind who do more for friends and church folk than they own fam..

This ratchet mess got me dyin!

Yup that's her. She does more for others than she does for her own.

Prime example…my uncle wants a phone. She went and bought it with the quickness.
    My Dad asked her to help pay for a bill…automatic….I ain't got no money!
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    you should have just spoke to your mom about her behavior
  • MzKB
    No
    @Mzkb

you should have let this slide just for the sake tha ? was so happy and ?

and then tell him at another time, and let your moms know to stop taking credit for something she did nothing for

I feel you! Easier said than done.
  • Copper
    No
    Yo moms ain't ? ...you better get a DNA test you might not be his
    And yeah you ? up for shattering his dreams

And ain't no strike 4 and 5 in baseball... smh females

So we playing ball now?

There might be a strike 5 in cricket....

But you got to know what a crumpet is to play cricket
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like ur moms has or is cheating on ur pops
  • Copper
    No
    What's moms side of the story though?
    Moms like “ prove you bought that cake...let me see the receipts"
  • MzKB
    No

I feel you. That does seem very selfish. She may have jusy wanted to impress him. Idk ur moms. But from things you've posted, i sense bad blood between yall. Maybe its time to try to sit her down and try to have a talk about her actions and how they make you and others feel. If she isn't receptive, take it in stride and jusy keep in in mind from this point on. You cant change a persons character. That's your mom. Either you gonna rock with her and how she is, or not. That's up to you. But it shouldn't be a surprise when she does some foul stuff at the expense of you or others.

With that said, i dont think you were wrong, maybe just had bad timing.

I love my Mom and there def is bad blood b/c I hate the way she treats my father. I learned so much from her on how not to treat a man it ridiculous! I try to stay humble when it comes to her but I cannot be around her by myself more than 5 mins! She's so freaking judgmental. I will let her wallow in her happiness. But there will not be a next time. She can do it all by herself and surprise the f$ck outta both of us!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    I understand your point. But it should've been water under the bridge. It was about your dad and his birthday.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    That's some self serving ? to do on someone's bday. All that should have matter was that he was happy for a day. You took that away from your pops and some. Mad petty.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't want embarrass your mom but she embarrassed you.

Woooo_zps3ee26801.gif
  • MzKB
    No

She's to self conscious to do that. Trust me I know she wants to. LOL!
  • MzKB
    No
    What's moms side of the story though?
    Moms like “ prove you bought that cake...let me see the receipts"

You stupid!! LOL I got the receipt too!!
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's to self conscious to do that. Trust me I know she wants to. LOL!

Do tell