Was I wrong for shattering my Pops dream on his 66th Bday…..

Options

Comments

• BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Personally, if I saw how happy it made him and he knows I'm the one really holding him down on the regular, I'd let my mom have that one.

But I would address her about it afterwards.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    MzKB wrote: »
    Sounds like ur moms has or is cheating on ur pops

She's to self conscious to do that. Trust me I know she wants to. LOL!

Do tell

One day her my Pops got into an argument or shall I say she got into an argument with him…..She calls me and tells me she needs to get away and come to my house. So I'm like ok. When she gets here she tells me what happened but she doesn't know that I already talked to my Pops. What she tells me is a lie and I confront her. She admits that she lied. So I was like instead of starting an argument you shoulda just told Dad you wanted some space and came on down.

Basically I told her that she wants a man with all the riches in the world, give her any and everything she wants without asking, never have to cook, clean, or work, the big ole fancy house and new car every year and that will f&ck her to no end and that ain't Pops. I told her you didn't marry Dad for love you married him as a way out!

I told her you are young and beautiful enough to get that….go do you!!! She got quiet and then was like yeah that's what I want.

I believe if the right man came along and gave her all of the above…she'd be out.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Yea. You shouldnt have ruined his happiness. You should have got at your mom in private and let her know how ? up she was
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Damn yo mama ain't ? .
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do tell

One day her my Pops got into an argument or shall I say she got into an argument with him…..She calls me and tells me she needs to get away and come to my house. So I'm like ok. When she gets here she tells me what happened but she doesn't know that I already talked to my Pops. What she tells me is a lie and I confront her. She admits that she lied. So I was like instead of starting an argument you shoulda just told Dad you wanted some space and came on down.

Basically I told her that she wants a man with all the riches in the world, give her any and everything she wants without asking, never have to cook, clean, or work, the big ole fancy house and new car every year and that will f&ck her to no end and that ain't Pops. I told her you didn't marry Dad for love you married him as a way out!

I told her you are young and beautiful enough to get that….go do you!!! She got quiet and then was like yeah that's what I want.

I believe if the right man came along and gave her all of the above…she'd be out.
    Yea but that bigga doesn't exist

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Yo you and moms ain't ? ....lol
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    *Martin voice*
    Y'all living foul
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Yes
    Pics of said moms?
  • MzKB
    Options
    No

Do tell

Yea but that bigga doesn't exist

Exactly…so because that ? doesn't exist she wants to pretend like everything is great, looking from the outside in!! My Mom wants everybody to believe she is the perfect wife!
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MzKB
    Options
    No
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Pics of said moms?

Can't do that!

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    No diss but your mom sounds like a narcissist
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I voted yes not because telling him was a bad idea but because you chose a bad time to tell him. You should have interrupted your mother and shut it down before she could collect any of the glory.
  • MzKB
    Options
    No
    No diss but your mom sounds like a narcissist

98.9%

• MzKB
    Options
    No
    Parallel wrote: »
    Went back and read...yeah you were wrong. You essentially made his day about you. You also ? on your own hard work that you put into making the day great by ultimately taking it away from him.

Made it seem like your motive for creating such a great day was a pat on the head rather than having your dad really enjoy himself.

Nah not all…My parents have been married more than 35 years and outta those 35+ years she NEVER did anything like this for his birthday. My Pops was already suspicious! He's so used to not having any type of celebration he told her he didn't want to go out if it was just going to be the two of them.
  • MzKB
    Options
    No
    Went back and read...yeah you were wrong. You essentially made his day about you. You also ? on your own hard work that you put into making the day great by ultimately taking it away from him.

Made it seem like your motive for creating such a great day was a pat on the head rather than having your dad really enjoy himself.

Nah not all…My parents have been married more than 35 years and outta those 35+ years she NEVER did anything like this for his birthday. My Pops was already suspicious! He's so used to not having any type of celebration he told her he didn't want to go out if it was just going to be the two of them.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that you ruined the mood...if anything you should have confronted her rather than going to him. Now he's the one that has to go to her and have the conversation rather than you, on his day.

There will be no conversation about who planned what and why!

I will say it again….My Pops and I confide in each other.
  • MzKB
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No

Doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that you ruined the mood...if anything you should have confronted her rather than going to him. Now he's the one that has to go to her and have the conversation rather than you, on his day.

There will be no conversation about who planned what and why!

I will say it again….My Pops and I confide in each other.

Well you obviously already had it in your mind that you were going to take credit one way or another so why didn't you at least wait till another time to tell him?

ok
  • MzKB
    Options
    No
    Copper wrote: »
    Ol' its my daddy's birthday and I can cry if I want to ass

let me cook ? !
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would want to know the truth. End or story
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Man.. that ? foul.
    40Z

I cant think of a time this happened to me like seriously. My brother will take credit for some ? but everybody know that he just be bullshittin/joking around so I don't even say ? . I'll just hit em with a "? stop lyin" and keep it moving.
  • MzKB
    Options
    No
    kai wrote: »

i used to help my parents do things for each other all the time. my dad was just clueless so i picked out so many mother's day, birthday and anniversary cards/gifts

You see the key words you used I USE TO HELP MY PARENTS!

My Mom called me and said what are YOU doing for your fathers b-day! Not can you help me plan something for your father! She had no intentions of doing anything for him!
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    That was foul of your mother.
  • MzKB
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No
    Did you try to incorporate her into the planning portion and she blew you off?

She didn't want anything to do with the planning!

reference post above yours
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Yo mama aint ? .