Father of the year

Options
13»

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i didn't assume anything.. u clearly said u think it wasnt the first time she did some ? .
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    I stand by what I say too because she is a teenager

I never brought up her race .... You did

And tried to start drama .... As usual

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so you ? would sue if someone laid hands on your kid...right? if not fight them....even if they can defend themselves....right

but you ? aint say nothing about what you would say to your child for being in someones house.

an fukk al the formative years behind her ? and this aint the first time....

getting caught the first time might be your first time.

why cant a dad or a parent for that matter still raise they kid under their roof until they 18....
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    I stand by what I say too because she is a teenager

I never brought up her race .... You did

And tried to start drama .... As usual

u have diplayed a pattern of making it a point to suggest that blacks have committed some past transgression when any story is discussed... no drama. u r being who u r...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    so you ? would sue if someone laid hands on your kid...right? if not fight them....even if they can defend themselves....right

but you ? aint say nothing about what you would say to your child for being in someones house.

an fukk al the formative years behind her ? and this aint the first time....

getting caught the first time might be your first time.

why cant a dad or a parent for that matter still raise they kid under their roof until they 18....

In this situation, who said anything about suing? Maybe someone did, I ain't real all the replies. But in this situation, I wouldn't sue. Press charges? Yes.

And holding my child responsible for his actions and holding the girls father responsible for his are not mutually exclusive. It's not either/or, ya know? Me making sure my kid knows he ? up and is dealt with doesn't mean that I'm not gonna make sure that the girl's father isn't held responsible as well.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I can see why someone would say it's wrong for the father to put hands on him but at the same time it's ? up that a father reacting like most parents would seeing what he saw is going to face the worst consequence than the daughter and her bf for disrespecting his home. Me and my girl talked about this story the other night and I told her flat out I don't agree with the mother pressing charges and I wouldn't even if it were my own son. Lesson learned the hard way for him being somewhere his ass had no place being
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    nah, pressing charges aint kosher... your child violated that mans home. that aint right.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I can see why someone would say it's wrong for the father to put hands on him but at the same time it's ? up that a father reacting like most parents would seeing what he saw is going to face the worst consequence than the daughter and her bf for disrespecting his home. Me and my girl talked about this story the other night and I told her flat out I don't agree with the mother pressing charges and I wouldn't even if it were my own son. Lesson learned the hard way for him being somewhere his ass had no place being

I see what you mean and I mostly agree. But here's what I'm saying:

How does pressing charges take away the lesson he learned? It's not like pressing the charges makes time reverse and prevents him from getting his ass whooped. He STILL learned that lesson by having a grown man ? him up for being in the shower with his daughter.

That's what I mean. You can do both of those things.
  • blackrain
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

How does pressing charges take away the lesson he learned? It's not like pressing the charges makes time reverse and prevents him from getting his ass whooped. He STILL learned that lesson by having a grown man ? him up for being in the shower with his daughter.

Having charges on your record, especially for assaulting a minor, is something that follows you forever unless it's expunged. They disrespected his home, he reacts like a normal parent and he gets the hardest, most long lasting consequences? That ain't right
  • mryounggun
    Options

Having charges on your record, especially for assaulting a minor, is something that follows you forever unless it's expunged. They disrespected his home, he reacts like a normal parent and he gets the hardest, most long lasting consequences? That ain't right

Disagree. As a grown man, I'm supposed to be able to control my emotions and not let them control me, right? Like I don't look down on dude like he's a clown for putting hands on that boy, because i understand the situation. But I don't condone it either. At the end of the day, people are in here saying that the mother needs to be teaching the son to be accountable for setting foot in the house and showering with the girl. Well...the father, who's a GROWN MAN shouldn't be held accountable? Why does accountability go out the window in that instance?

That's the world we live in. Every action has a reaction, like someone else said.

The boy went into the man's house and showered with the daughter and got caught...THEREFORE...he got his ? kicked in. Cool. I get it.

The father kicked in the ? of a boy...THEREFORE...he has charges pressed against him. Also cool. I also get it.

• blackrain
    Options

Disagree. As a grown man, I'm supposed to be able to control my emotions and not let them control me, right? Like I don't look down on dude like he's a clown for putting hands on that boy, because i understand the situation. But I don't condone it either. At the end of the day, people are in here saying that the mother needs to be teaching the son to be accountable for setting foot in the house and showering with the girl. Well...the father, who's a GROWN MAN shouldn't be held accountable? Why does accountability go out the window in that instance?

That's the world we live in. Every action has a reaction, like someone else said.

The boy went into the man's house and showered with the daughter and got caught...THEREFORE...he got his ? kicked in. Cool. I get it.

The father kicked in the ? of a boy...THEREFORE...he has charges pressed against him. Also cool. I also get it.

I don't disagree that the father should be held accoutable someway. I disagree with him facing the harshest consequences for reacting like a father would. If the two options are no punishment vs punishing him permanently with a criminal record then I'd say no charges without a 2nd thought. We all know that there's certain circumstances where actions not normally condoned are excused. This is one of them
  • mryounggun
    Options

I don't disagree that the father should be held accoutable someway. I disagree with him facing the harshest consequences for reacting like a father would. If the two options are no punishment vs punishing him permanently with a criminal record then I'd say no charges without a 2nd thought. We all know that there's certain circumstances where actions not normally condoned are excused. This is one of them

Agree that there are those scenarios. Disagree that this is one of them. Agree to disagree.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the situation is ? up because whether or not she was the daughter of the head of household, someone living in the house invited him in. She could have said anything like "oh it's cool my parents don't care" and I feel like she had to have said something close to that if the ? was at the point where he was showering there.

The fault is like 80% the daughter's for pulling that disrespectful ? in the first place and 20% the father's for raising her poorly. What he should have done was just kick the daughter out of the house, he could have avoided gaining a record that way. Like Cory Holcomb says, sometimes you gotta charge em to the game. But "not my baby girl" I guess
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This one's easier than the other thread (with the mother who left the kids in the car).

This could be handled without the system. Dude got scuffed up, but got the draws, and he should take that and run wit' it. No need to press charges.

Pops need to focus the rest of his energy on disciplining his daughter / controlling his house.

I only blame the father if he didn't also handle his daughter.

I'm not condoning what the father did, but I understand
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I think the situation is ? up because whether or not she was the daughter of the head of household, someone living in the house invited him in. She could have said anything like "oh it's cool my parents don't care" and I feel like she had to have said something close to that if the ? was at the point where he was showering there.

The fault is like 80% the daughter's for pulling that disrespectful ? in the first place and 20% the father's for raising her poorly. What he should have done was just kick the daughter out of the house, he could have avoided gaining a record that way. Like Cory Holcomb says, sometimes you gotta charge em to the game. But "not my baby girl" I guess

1st hes the step father
    2nd all girls are going to fukk. it has nothing to do with being raised poorly. ? at 16 an ? at 20 is still ? . it doesnt make her a hoe.

third even if she invited him into the house she has no say on matters of the house, nor does she pay bill or contribute. shes 16. your statement give this lil girl too much power. she was wrong, but the lil boy even listening t her....ok but then taking a shower? you fukk an roll ...when you hang around an take showers...thats just saying fukk if i get caught.

i am sure you did plenty of really dumb ? in your life. can i say your parents failed at raising you each time you made those decisions?

this girl was sexually curious like we all were at 16 an she got her back blown out.

but any father who would not react like this needs to ? themselves ahora.

if your kids every find out you will hold back becuz of what you may go thru... your life will just begin to get more fukk up
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I'll give her credit for not saying he was an intruder tho. But still stepdad wasn't wrong. He did right by molly whopping ol boy