Schoolboy Q's "Oxymoron" - came and went, didnt it?

Comments

• MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Lol @ blaming everyone's attention span cause a ? ass ? ain't get the shine you thought he deserved, FOH

YAHC YAHC YAHC YAHC
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn near every thing these last few years has came and went to me, since 2011 i might struggle to come up with 10 albums with songs i repeatedly go to,

word I stay listening to old ?

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasnt as good as gkmc or h&c but its still a good album. It also has no big singles.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The jawn wasn't even his best work. H&C was on another echelon and Setbacks was arguably better as well. And like other posters have mentioned, CyHi, Gibbs, Ross and YG all put out better projects and were released around the same time.

I just believe Q to be capable of more than what that album was. His joint was solid, but there wasn't anything memorable about it, IMHO...
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    I still ? wit q

The album was cool

I've been bumpin the album on a consistent basis. I feel like it's the same with all albums pretty much unless we're talking about the big names like Drake Jay Ye etc. Most albums feel like that doesn't mean people aren't keeping them in rotation
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Rock and Kdot the only ? worth checking for on TDE

Them other ? will say some slick ? here or there, but not worth banging an album from dem
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q is a dope rapper and has a lot if variation and anation in his flow which can grab your attention nd make you like his style as an artist ... But all of his projects have felt incomplete to me ... Like there's just a few seasonings missing from the meal .... It's probably because outta the TdE camp... He was the newest to being a full fledge rapper let alone "artist"

...somebody needs to sit him down and really executive produce his next album to help him with creating a full direction for his project .... Oxymoron had too many quality songs left off it ... As well as too many out of place records ... The sequencing was pure ? ... Like why would u put "Los Awesome" right after "Gangsta?" That just makes no sense sonically and kills the vibe for the listener ... He needs to give up some of those album crafting responsibilities
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    aint feeling his ? its that simple for me
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    It waa overhyped by people dickriding TDE and anyone associated with Kendrick.

How many of yall called this AOTT? Its only about the end of March and at least 3 other albums ? on this.

Its not a bad album but this shows the dickriding in hip hop pkateau effect.

? disgusting B.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Q is a dope rapper and has a lot if variation and anation in his flow which can grab your attention nd make you like his style as an artist ... But all of his projects have felt incomplete to me ... Like there's just a few seasonings missing from the meal .... It's probably because outta the TdE camp... He was the newest to being a full fledge rapper let alone "artist"

...somebody needs to sit him down and really executive produce his next album to help him with creating a full direction for his project .... Oxymoron had too many quality songs left off it ... As well as too many out of place records ... The sequencing was pure ? ... Like why would u put "Los Awesome" right after "Gangsta?" That just makes no sense sonically and kills the vibe for the listener ... He needs to give up some of those album crafting responsibilities

Quoted for trillness. I've been saying this since his last album. He needs direction
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    i still play it *shrug*
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of y'all are wylin out for real.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    album was cool, not amazing, but good. i ? with SBQ heavy. for me though, new 50 songs dropped and im more into those.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im listen bumping the tracks I liked...Grooveline, Purge, Man of the Year. In fact, SBQ was just down here a week ago for BUKU in N.O. so I think the buzz is still there.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was good. Just not great. Intro go hard, 2nd half of Hoover Street is kinda dope, Tyler collab is grimey, Grooveline & Blind Threats are smooth, Alchemist song is classic ofc. Studio is my ? because of that hook.

Everything else was forgettable.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is he a ? tho?

And Break the bank was jamming for a min.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am i the only who do the Tony Yayo dance when i hear Break the Bank?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ol YAAA! ass ngga
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    How is he a ? tho?

cuz he disagreed with lord jamar lame ass
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ain't really been into hip hop as much the last couple months. I need something crazy to bring me back to bumpin it 24/7. Maybe that new Wu Tang will be what I need.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Habits and Contradictions was like 10x better. He tried too hard to get a pop hit on this album, its still decent though.
  • CantBanTheSoulMan
    CantBanTheSoulMan Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Lol @ blaming everyone's attention span cause a ? ass ? ain't get the shine you thought he deserved, FOH

Black Hystori and even My Krazy Life ? on that average ass album

/thread

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    I still listen to certain songs but somebody else mentioned it too. That CyHi mixtape is just pure fire and I'm still caught up on that a month later