Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    You
    Y'all ? continue to overrate Kendrick

Name a rapper over the past 3 years who have put out 3 better projects than OD,Sec.80,GKMC

.........ill Wait

because its little competition for him whatever he does gets blown out of proportion IMO

So what your saying is Kendrick is so good that you have to compare him to greats outside of his era because they can't compete? Lol ...

So ...with that being said ....you want to explain just how he is "overrated again" ...?

I don't remember sayin he is overrated but if your peers happen to be a step under then whatever you drop is going to be looked at as top notch I mean ASAP Rocky is 1 of his peers for ? sake lol
    Fair enuff @‌ bolded

But how/why are they "a step under" .....what differentiates him from them?

It's not just happenstance or luck ...it's his skill set that separates himself from the other guys ... and if you have the ability to seperate yourself from your direct competition how can you then be called overrated? If you're better than the direct competition who are you being compared with to validate overrated claims?

And that was the point of my post you responded to
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? continue to overrate Kendrick

Name a rapper over the past 3 years who have put out 3 better projects than OD,Sec.80,GKMC

.........ill Wait
    Ab-soul? :-/

If he drops another project as good as Control System he would defiantly be in the consideration ...but he needs to be consistent ..those two tapes he dropped before CS weren't all on the same level
    K.R.I.T?

KRiT need to come thru with that quality album ...he flopped with that Live from the underground ? ... And I don't mean sales
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Live from the underground had to be the label fault even though I don't think it was that bad
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Live from the underground had to be the label fault even though I don't think it was that bad

Honestly I don't think it was as bad as I originally thought either. It's just k.r.i.t dropped so much quality ? that the expectations were high.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick is a bit overrated, but he dropped a good album. J Cole albums were not so good.
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole's music does tend to be a bit boring and lackadaisical
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait a minute, so Cole hasn't dropped anything good since fnl? Are u serious?

Runaway
    Rich ?
    Revenge of the dreamers
    Hells Kitchen
    Head Bussa
    Cole Summer
    Lost Ones
    Nobody's Perfect
    villuminati
    Power Trip
    Let Nas Down
    How High
    Kenny Lofton
    Grew Up Fast
    The Cure

I could go all day. If kendrick made these songs u ? would be dickridin those ? .