Michael Jackson -Xscape (New Album produced By Timbaland)

Options
lazypakman
lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
michael-jackson-xscape-cover.jpg
On May 13th a new MJ project, titled Xscape, will drop May 13th, and will be produced in its entirety by Timbaland, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate (Rihanna, Nicki Minaj), Jerome “Jroc” Harmon (JAY Z) and John McClain (L.A. Reid will serve as the executive producer). The project will feature the producers' takes on previously vaulted vocals from MJ (before he died almost five years ago), and a deluxe version will also include the original versions of said vaulted vocals.

Comments

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    worth a listen i guess
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id still give it a spin.

Would be better if Quincy Jones produced it instead.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quincy is suing The Michael Jackson Estate so him producing this would be out the question and I want to see the tracklist because, I have heard must of MJ's unreleased music on youtube and I got Xscape on my ipod.

This is The Original Xscape, I like it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrzX_su2CYA
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bet not have no trap beats on it
  • lazypakman
    Options
    there's a song on this album called 'do you know where your children are?'

i'm not making this up i swear.
  • south4life
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    there's a song on this album called 'do you know where your children are?'

i'm not making this up i swear.

Yeah I heard that song 2 years ago, here it is he got Slash playing the guitar on it
    Song Starts @ :18 seconds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDs16VVn_ks
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's Quincy suing for?
  • south4life
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    What's Quincy suing for?

Something to do with The Estate not paying him to use his music for The Michael Jackson Experience game and other stuff
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not too thrilled about sony pimping out Michael Jackson's unreleased catalog. I'll listen but I'm not gonna be expecting a real Michael Jackson album like they'll most likely market it as.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They got a song on the album called do you know where children are smh
  • average-john
    average-john Members Posts: 35
    Options
  • lazypakman
    Options
    Michael Jackson - Love Never Felt So Good f. Justin TImberlake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8108i1w5yE

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    version of the song on the regular edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmMk3pAnAI4
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody checkin for our dead ? ??

This ? go hard as ? definate album for the year candidate
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »

This ? is flaming ass.
    2/8
    Xscape & Love never felt so good.
    smh @ timbo
  • Ranxx
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

This ? is flaming ass.
    2/8
    Xscape & Love never felt so good.
    smh @ timbo

? yourself ? this good music
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's pretty good to me, better than Invincible.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yo, this album is surprisingly really good! Imma do a quick review for anybody curious or sleepin. I copped the deluxe edition, which is kinda cool because it gives you the original tracks and the remastered/remixed ones. I'm basically gonna compare each one side by side...

Love Never Felt So Good - The single. Most probably already heard it. There are actually 3 different versions. The remixed one is dope...so is the one with JT. But the original...mayne. Smooth piano ballad. MJ kiilin it vocally (which is true of the entire album). You can't go wrong with any of them, but the original gets the slight edge.

Winner: Original

Chicago - The two different versions of every song on the album really boil down to uptempo/fast (the remixes) versus the midtempo/slower originals. In this case, I think Chicago works better as an uptempo track. Hard to compare it to any previous MJ stuff. Nice little banger. Chorus is dope with MJ laying two different singing styles on top of one another.

Winner: The Remix

Loving You - Just like "Love Never Felt So Go", the remix is pretty dope...until you hear the original, and then its kind of a no contest. You can't go wrong either way, but the original is just straight vintage MJ. Sounds like something straight from "Off The Wall". Maybe even a little bit of a Human Nature kinda vibe. Real nice instrumental hook.

Winner: Original

A Place With No Name - Something about this one is really interesting to me. Just the subject matter and lyrical content in general on all the songs is a breathe of fresh air compared to today's music. The remix sounds like something that could've easily been on the "Bad" album. Think "Leave Me Alone". The original tho, again, always slower and more mid-tempo, is carried by an acoustic guitar. To draw a vague comparison, its like the difference between Aloe Blacc's "Wake Me Up" original version vs. the remix. You'll either be drawn to the more techno, throwback (for MJ) sounds of the remix, or the more simple instrumentation of the original. Neither is really better than the other. They both work just depending on your mood. Great track.

Winner: Tie

Slave To The Rhythm - The remix takes this one. Sounds sort of like a slowed up, watered down "Miami Bass" song from the early-mid 90's. That's not really a bad thing, but that's the closet approximation I can really make. The original is just sort of forgettable.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are: LOL. Yea, this one. I guess he is kinda asking for with the song title. The track in general is kind of odd, but not bad. Its just this is obviously one of his signature "Think of the children" songs, but both the remix and original are pretty uptempo considering the subject matter. I'll go with the remix again tho, still the more upbeat of the two. The production is just better and pretty unique overall. Dat keyboard.

Blue Gangsta - Three in a row for the remix being superior. MJ switches between a few different vocal styles, even his deeper singing voice. The production on the remix just keeps up better and matches the transitions more. Sounds like it could've been on the "Dangerous" album. The original sounds kind of boring by comparison.

Xscape - I'm just really not a fan of Darkchild and MJ collabos. Both the original and remix sound dated, then and now. Its an Invincible throwaway that should've stayed that way. If I had to choose...

Winner: The Original
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2014
    Options

Album been out for a day. That's a bit too soon for a full album of the year claim even if it is MJ. It is a good ass album though
  • Ranxx
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Album been out for a day. That's a bit too soon for a full album of the year claim even if it is MJ. It is a good ass album though

After a few spins I know that now, ? was just so much better than I expected. Vocals clean as ? , MJ's engineering been hit or since dangerous
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not from this album, but I been playing this song constantly the past couple of days. I don't know how I missed this ? when it came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dcs7aY5knU