What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Real talk... if there are coons, biracial 'black' women are the worst

16781012

Replies

  • shit happensshit happens May da lawd be wit em These hoes lie and these niggas are fakePosts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where the hoes at?
    THIRDSUPREME
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Not sure how one could say that Weber, Durkheim, Goffman, Milgram and Marx's works are not important to Soc

    You got a list from "about.com" it's not trustworthy. But hey you said "sociology is BS it's an arts program" which is far more egregious than me challenging the word of a single person within a huge field. Nahmean?

    Truth doesn't come from how many people say something or who is saying it
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrawd wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Not sure how one could say that Weber, Durkheim, Goffman, Milgram and Marx's works are not important to Soc

    You got a list from "about.com" it's not trustworthy. But hey you said "sociology is BS it's an arts program" which is far more egregious than me challenging the word of a single person within a huge field. Nahmean?

    Truth doesn't come from how many people say something or who is saying it

    It does in scientific fields. Now produce a study or something academic real quick.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • PurrPurr Evil Chuck Season. Jumpman jumpman Jumpman dat girl up to something!!!Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrawd wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Not sure how one could say that Weber, Durkheim, Goffman, Milgram and Marx's works are not important to Soc

    You got a list from "about.com" it's not trustworthy. But hey you said "sociology is BS it's an arts program" which is far more egregious than me challenging the word of a single person within a huge field. Nahmean?

    Truth doesn't come from how many people say something or who is saying it

    Aight.

    Lets close down all of our schools. The academic and world-renowned scholar is speaking "truth". Yet, his facts comes from about.com, which is below Wikipedia, and had posted facts from a unknown professor from arizona state (lol).

    Youre from canada, please stick with canadian issues. American social issues are not your forte.


    "The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman, the most unprotected person in America is the Black woman. The most neglected person in America is the Black woman."- Malcolm X
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Not sure how one could say that Weber, Durkheim, Goffman, Milgram and Marx's works are not important to Soc

    You got a list from "about.com" it's not trustworthy. But hey you said "sociology is BS it's an arts program" which is far more egregious than me challenging the word of a single person within a huge field. Nahmean?

    Truth doesn't come from how many people say something or who is saying it

    It does in scientific fields. Now produce a study or something academic real quick.

    It comes from empirical evidence
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    Purr
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love sociology.
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sociological definition fails on the individual level because the sociological definition refers to institutionalized and organized racism since that is, after all, what sociology deals with.

    However, the sociological definition is grounded in the universally accepted definition of racism previously given by yours truly. So if we are to define racism at its most basic level, the universally accepted definition provided by most if not every noteworthy English dictionary available is the only definition that works.

    Racism is a belief and can be held by any one individual regardless of status or power, just the same way one can be sexist without being in a sociopolitical advantage.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    A Talented OneBazz-Bblacktux
  • A Talented OneA Talented One stew Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Bodhi wrote: »
    The sociological definition fails on the individual level because the sociological definition refers to institutionalized and organized racism since that is, after all, what sociology deals with.

    However, the sociological definition is grounded in the universally accepted definition of racism previously given by yours truly. So if we are to define racism at its most basic level, the universally accepted definition provided by most if not every noteworthy English dictionary available is the only definition that works.

    Racism is a belief and can be held by any one individual regardless of status or power, just the same way one can be sexist without being in a sociopolitical advantage.

    If a white man hates me because I'm black he's a racist. He doesn't have to believe that blacks are inferior.
    Bodhi
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even then, the sociological definition does not hold that in order to be racist, a group, organization or institution has to have power on a grand scale, i.e. world power; a very small organization with relatively minimal power can express racist ideals on persons below them insofar as the situation is concerned and still be in agreement with the sociological definition without the race of the organization holding world power being a necessity.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodhi wrote: »
    The sociological definition fails on the individual level because the sociological definition refers to institutionalized and organized racism since that is, after all, what sociology deals with.

    However, the sociological definition is grounded in the universally accepted definition of racism previously given by yours truly. So if we are to define racism at its most basic level, the universally accepted definition provided by most if not every noteworthy English dictionary available is the only definition that works.

    Racism is a belief and can be held by any one individual regardless of status or power, just the same way one can be sexist without being in a sociopolitical advantage.

    If a white man hates me because I'm black he's a racist. He doesn't have to believe that blacks are inferior.

    That's prejudice. If he hates you only because you're black, that is a preconceived opinion not based on actual experience which is the definition of prejudice verbatim. In order to be racist, one has to believe that there is racial hierarchy. Look it up.

    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    A Talented One
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what the fuck is this, can and will somebody shoot this damn bitch in the head please, dont even look at the face, just look at the hair, look like some martha stewart old white woman shit

    im finally starting to see how crackas look at us, not that they fuckin matter but we look at ourselves like we so fly others prolly see us as some type of 3rd world, self hating weirdos, the same way i look at dominicans and all them other dirty "im not black" racial groups, black women look so tacky and trashy and lost wit this shit on they head

    why the fuck do you look up to white women when you look so much better than those cavemen, troll under the bridge lookin muthafuckas, it aint a white woman alive that could take away from the beauty of a black woman in any department, seriously, why so backwards, why do we have such a fuckin nordic european idea of beauty, imo, white women are the ugliest women in the world

    is it growin up watchin these cracka ass movies and barbie dolls a suttin wtf, when did this weave shit just get stupid like this to the point where we throwin weave in babies heads and shit at birth, like black people just dont got the ability to grow hair, had to be the 90s, its niggas walkin around wit long, natural dreads but somehow our women figure its impossible for them to grow hair? what happened between the 70s and the 90s? was it crack? was it the crack nigga!?!!?
    45th+NAACP+Image+Awards+Presented+TV+One+Portraits+T_dTX4Ul5Kpl.jpg

    Your official feelings catcher of the IC for the 2013-2014 posting season.- Pat Summerall voice

    "CHICKENS LIKE THE WING STOP....NIGGA TRIED TO KILL ME BUT I HAD THE THING COCKED...THEY THINK I KNOW THE VOOODOOO..HOW THEY KEEP SHOWIN MY GHOST ON THEY CHANNEL TOO"

    "Det Duck gon have tuh come up outta hih fay"- Alley Boy

    "These hoes love me like Satan, Aaannn haan"- Tunechi

    "Blood love, nigga"- Birdman

    "Yung Kee left me in a cold world, Ya killa locked up, So that mean I got ta kill his lil girl"- OG Boo Dirty

    "How Tommy and them supposed to Tootsie Roll to this, Gina"- Martin

    "Piss on Dusty!"- Ole Anderson

    CopperblacktuxMeta_ConsciousNothingButTheTruth
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This niggas rants are hilarious
    214.gif
    rocket-2.gif
    Purrblacktux
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas still on this huh?

    I guess prejudice and discrimination don't exist, only racism exists.

    What is prejudice?
    What is discrimination?
    What is racism?
    What is the difference between them?

    Prejudice = pre-judge, beliefs about a person held based on the group they belong to
    Examples: "women can't drive", "blacks don't read", " all Asians know Kung fu"

    Discrimination = treating people differently because they belong to a certain group (beliefs + actions)
    Examples: women should pay more for health insurance, you must be 18 years old to vote

    Racism = discrimination(beliefs + action[power]) based on race.
    Examples: the internment of the Japanese during WWII, police officers pulling over Black drivers at a rate much higher than other races

    The difference is that prejudices are something everyone has. You may dislike whites but not do them any harm because either you can't or the dislike is not that great.

    In order to discriminate you must openly take actions based on prejudiced beliefs and if those are based on race then it is racist.

    Recap: racism = prejudice + power (actions) or discrimination based on race. (This is also true for ageism, sexism etc)

    Using racist colloquially is fine. We can say Bill O'Reilly is a racist in normal conversation and it's all good but if I were writing a scholarly paper on it I'd say he was prejudiced or flatly call him a bigot. To my knowledge he hasn't actively done anything against black people except express his own system of beliefs...now could spreading that system of beliefs in itself be racist? That's open for discussion because he does have power and a bully pulpit that he uses when he wants.

    The principle idea here is that you never know what someone's beliefs are you can only make inferences. To assume you KNOW someone's beliefs due to inferences is wrong headed, it's much better if you have a solid example.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    A Talented OneBodhi
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Niggas still on this huh?

    I guess prejudice and discrimination don't exist, only racism exists.

    What is prejudice?
    What is discrimination?
    What is racism?
    What is the difference between them?

    Prejudice = pre-judge, beliefs about a person held based on the group they belong to
    Examples: "women can't drive", "blacks don't read", " all Asians know Kung fu"

    Discrimination = treating people differently because they belong to a certain group (beliefs + actions)
    Examples: women should pay more for health insurance, you must be 18 years old to vote

    Racism = discrimination(beliefs + action[power]) based on race.
    Examples: the internment of the Japanese during WWII, police officers pulling over Black drivers at a rate much higher than other races

    The difference is that prejudices are something everyone has. You may dislike whites but not do them any harm because either you can't or the dislike is not that great.

    In order to discriminate you must openly take actions based on prejudiced beliefs and if those are based on race then it is racist.

    Recap: racism = prejudice + power (actions) or discrimination based on race. (This is also true for ageism, sexism etc)

    Using racist colloquially is fine. We can say Bill O'Reilly is a racist in normal conversation and it's all good but if I were writing a scholarly paper on it I'd say he was prejudiced or flatly call him a bigot. To my knowledge he hasn't actively done anything against black people except express his own system of beliefs...now could spreading that system of beliefs in itself be racist? That's open for discussion because he does have power and a bully pulpit that he uses when he wants.

    The principle idea here is that you never know what someone's beliefs are you can only make inferences. To assume you KNOW someone's beliefs due to inferences is wrong headed, it's much better if you have a solid example.

    There are scholars who would say he is racist simply for being a White American and receiving the benefits and privileges that come along with it.
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Prejudice = pre-judge, beliefs about a person held based on the group they belong to
    Examples: "women can't drive", "blacks don't read", " all Asians know Kung fu"

    These are stereotypes, not examples of prejudice. prejudice is preconceived opinions. "all Asians know kung fu" is not an opinion. It is presented as fact; an image.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    was it crack? was it the crack nigga!?!!?


    This random ass rhetorical question had me rolling
    rocket-2.gif
    A Talented One
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stereotypes are based on prejudices.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    Bodhi
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodhi wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Prejudice = pre-judge, beliefs about a person held based on the group they belong to
    Examples: "women can't drive", "blacks don't read", " all Asians know Kung fu"

    These are stereotypes, not examples of prejudice. prejudice is preconceived opinions. "all Asians know kung fu" is not an opinion. It is presented as fact; an image.

    That does not mean it cannot also be someone's opinion.
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »

    In order to discriminate you must openly take actions based on prejudiced beliefs and if those are based on race then it is racist.

    Yeah, if your opinion is that race has a hierarchical structure, that is racist belief. If you hold racist beliefs, whether you act on them or not, you are racist.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    A Talented One
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodhi wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

    In order to discriminate you must openly take actions based on prejudiced beliefs and if those are based on race then it is racist.

    Yeah, if your opinion is that race has a hierarchical structure, that is racist belief. If you hold racist beliefs, whether you act on them or not, you are racist.
    One doesn't normally label themselves something like racist, how would I know someone is racist?


    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Bodhi wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

    In order to discriminate you must openly take actions based on prejudiced beliefs and if those are based on race then it is racist.

    Yeah, if your opinion is that race has a hierarchical structure, that is racist belief. If you hold racist beliefs, whether you act on them or not, you are racist.
    One doesn't normally label themselves something like racist, how would I know someone is racist?


    Words that indirectly state their racism.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Stereotypes are based on prejudices.

    No, prejudice is an unreasonable dislike or negative (preconceived) judgment about someone. If I say all Asians practice kung fu, that's not based on any negative opinion.



    All Asians practice kung fu (stereotype)
    I hate Asians (prejudice)
    and Asians are inferior to black people (racist)
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly

    I often say stereotypes may be misguided but the kicker is what you say think or feel next..

    Even though in some cases it can be one in the same.
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly, someone could say


    women can't drive (stereotype)
    women are unreasonable childish people (prejudice)
    and women are inferior to men (sexist)
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
Sign In or Register to comment.