When is enough.......enough?

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in R & R (Religion and Race)
The partying?
The drinking?
The smoking?
The drugs?
The fornicating?
The fast life?
The streets?
Etc.....

When will it all be over for you? When will you hang it up and sit down somewhere? When you die? Get married? Have kids?

The allure has to get old after a while, right? I know you ain't going to be 35 in the club still talking bout "turn down for what!"

So when does it all end for you?

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    When im 37 Why does it have to end?

moderation is key... that goes for anything in life
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The partying?
    The drinking?
    The smoking?
    The drugs?
    The fornicating?
    The fast life?
    The streets?
    Etc.....

When will it all be over for you? When will you hang it up and sit down somewhere? When you die? Get married? Have kids?

The allure has to get old after a while, right? I know you ain't going to be 35 in the club still talking bout "turn down for what!"

whenever they choose to stop doing that kinda stuff... what you eat dont make me ? .. let people live they life cuz
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The beauty of being an individual is discovering your own path. Realizing who you are by rounding yourself out and growing into maturity is more valuable when you've experienced for yourself the kind of life that encourages self enlightenment.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    When im 37 Why does it have to end?

moderation is key... that goes for anything in life

Isn't there more to life than partying? Turning up? Fornicating? The streets? Etc.....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    The partying?
    The drinking?
    The smoking?
    The drugs?
    The fornicating?
    The fast life?
    The streets?
    Etc.....

whenever they choose to stop doing that kinda stuff... what you eat dont make me ? .. let people live they life cuz

People are going to love their life regardless of anything I say or do. It still doesn't hurt to ask a question on a discussion board. Shrugs
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    The beauty of being an individual is discovering your own path. Realizing who you are by rounding yourself out and growing into maturity is more valuable when you've experienced for yourself the kind of life that encourages self enlightenment.

There are a lot of adult babies though who have never matured, even though they walked "their own path".

The road that many take is broad my friend and the road is deceptively Labeled "my own path".

The road that leads to true living is narrow and it is labeled the way, the truth, and the life. But only few there be that find it. Amen
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    When will you hang it up and sit down somewhere?

all seriousness aside though and ironically enough this ^^^ is the question you should ask yourself.

I have hung it up and sat down! Now I'm walking as a new creation in Christ who prepares good works for me to walk in! Amen!

When are you going to call it quits and get on the winning team who has never taken a L and will never take a L?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    i'm already tired of that ?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When will you hang it up and sit down somewhere?

all seriousness aside though and ironically enough this ^^^ is the question you should ask yourself.

I have hung it up and sat down! Now I'm walking as a new creation in Christ who prepares good works for me to walk in! Amen!

When are you going to call it quits and get on the winning team who has never taken a L and will never take a L?
    http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly5niuhDkd1rnq3i2o1_r1_500.gif
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whenever death or boredom kicks in.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are a lot of adult babies though who have never matured, even though they walked "their own path".

The road that many take is broad my friend and the road is deceptively Labeled "my own path".

The road that leads to true living is narrow and it is labeled the way, the truth, and the life. But only few there be that find it. Amen

While the bolded may be true, you cannot force a person to live the life that you envision as the perfect life to live. We each have and discover our own "truths". You and I for example lead two very different lives and no matter how hard you try, I cannot see the world as you see it; I must live by my own experiences and those experiences have brought me thus far.

Maybe you can understand it better if you imagine it this way: is it not much more valuable for a child to find ? for themselves and know ? directly as opposed to simply following their parents and blindly going along without direct experience?

Becoming a well rounded mature individual is very much the same. I cannot force a person to be the best version of themselves. Their inner nature has to be a self realization.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grown folks are gonna do what they feel like doin. Can't force them. Change doesn't have a timetable. When they feel like they're ready to change their lives, they'll do it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know people who pretend to be all in church and pretend to be saints while around church folk but are demons outside of that world.

when is enough ...enough with them folk?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I pondered this, but I just don't give a ? anymore. I'll be chasing 20 year old hoes until the day I die.

Some people need the salvation a serious relationship or a kid can bring to get them out of the wild lifestyle. I don't need that ? tho, I don't want it. I've accepted who I am with zero ? given, and if I wanna drink all night then I'm gonna do it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

While the bolded may be true, you cannot force a person to live the life that you envision as the perfect life to live. We each have and discover our own "truths". You and I for example lead two very different lives and no matter how hard you try, I cannot see the world as you see it; I must live by my own experiences and those experiences have brought me thus far.

Maybe you can understand it better if you imagine it this way: is it not much more valuable for a child to find ? for themselves and know ? directly as opposed to simply following their parents and blindly going along without direct experience?

Becoming a well rounded mature individual is very much the same. I cannot force a person to be the best version of themselves. Their inner nature has to be a self realization.

I understand that I can't force anybody to change. That's a pretty concrete fact. What I can do is introduce thoughts, ideas, and make suggestions in order to persuade people to make a change.

I know the terror of The Lord, thus I am compelled to point people to the One who can make the change in a persons life when they submit to Him.

Honestly there are only 2 world views that dominate the minds of all humans.

1. The most common is one based on lies and assumptions.

2. The other being one based on truth and light.

We get to decide if we want to remain in darkness or be transformed by the light. But sadly many people are like rats, when the truth comes they run back into the darkness because they don't want to have their evil deeds exposed for what they truly are, which are abhorrent to a just, holy, and righteous ? .

To their own detriment they fight and struggle all the way to the grave, never coming to grips with who they truly are until they have no choice but to come to grips with who they are when they meet the King when the death angel comes to their doorstep.

You have the choice right now to change your worldview my friend! Today is the day of salvation. Will you come to Him?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    cant stop, wont stop

tumblr_lyr379rbOM1qibv0wo1_500.gif

Are you fulfilled?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Grown folks are gonna do what they feel like doin. Can't force them. Change doesn't have a timetable. When they feel like they're ready to change their lives, they'll do it.

The school of the hard knocks enrolls a lot of folks, myself included, but sometimes the knock might come too late or be too hard. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    i know people who pretend to be all in church and pretend to be saints while around church folk but are demons outside of that world.

when is enough ...enough with them folk?

Matthew 7:21-23 gives the answer. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    When im dead.

And what will you have to show on the day of your appointment?

I turned up in Vegas and bought a few bottles for some laughs and giggles?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I pondered this, but I just don't give a ? anymore. I'll be chasing 20 year old hoes until the day I die.

Some people need the salvation a serious relationship or a kid can bring to get them out of the wild lifestyle. I don't need that ? tho, I don't want it. I've accepted who I am with zero ? given, and if I wanna drink all night then I'm gonna do it.

When you pondered this question, did you count the cost for your choices?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

When you pondered this question, did you count the cost for your choices?

I'm playing. When I get 30 it's a wrap for all the ? .