Barack Obama: Has he done all he can for Black people in America?

twatgetta
twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in The Social Lounge

Barack Obama: Has he done all he can for Black people in America? 22 votes

Yes. Even with congress roadblocking him
18%
a.mannAjackson17Jabu_RuleMainstream_rap_sucks 4 votes
No. He's just another puppetized ? .
40%
Ree4er Madnessdontdiedontkillanyonsevun07kingblaze84kzzlSoloman_The_WiseHyenaKillaMzKBtwatgetta 9 votes
I'm on the fence.
4%
KINGOFDAARCADE 1 vote
He could do more but he hasn't enough
18%
BodhiNothingButTheTruthMister B.spiritgod87 4 votes
I just want my Obamaphone
18%
CashmoneyDuxSplackavelliBazz-Bonthafly 4 votes

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? yourself in before....
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOPE......
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    obama ain't trying to do anything specifically for blacks because is Americas president not Black/Brown skinned peoples President.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, you can't expect Obama to truly understand the struggle when he was raised in a white household. What we're experiencing is the difference between a half white half black president and a black president.

That's why it's important to distinguish between the two.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    He's done things that people dont give him credit for such as his appointments to the Supreme Court and his Attorney General.

Look at Eric Holder's not so publicized accomplishments to be more clear. They are fighting for black people you just dont hear about it because fighting for blacks isnt exactly sexy anymore.

Now has he done EVERYTHING he could? NO. He's still a politician at the end of the day. He still ? on black fathers with a bunch of ? that isnt even true. He still talks down to black people all the time as if from on high...and the best thing I like about him remains the fact that white people hate him so I support him.

Other than that...MEH
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    However, you can't expect Obama to truly understand the struggle when he was raised in a white household. What we're experiencing is the difference between a half white half black president and a black president.

He was in the hood as a community organizer doing more for his people then people in the hood complaining about nobody doing nothing for the people.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Look at Eric Holder's not so publicized accomplishments to be more clear.
    i would to be amenable to this argument if Eric Holder didn't thoroughly suck

• kingblaze84
    edited April 2014
    FuriousOne wrote: »

He was in the hood as a community organizer doing more for his people then people in the hood complaining about nobody doing nothing for the people.

Don't be quick to assume that, plenty of people are out here doing there part. I can post up videos of other community organizers saying even worse then what I say about Obama
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

Don't be quick to assume that, plenty of people are out here doing there part. I can post up videos of other community organizers saying even worse then what I say about Obama

Does that discount what he has done? Which was the point i was replying too. It was said plenty of Community Organizers were hating cuz they didn't make moves he made to do more for all people and he succeded. The point was that he was in the hood even though he wasn't raised there and he didn't have to be there while others are there (not all) complaining and not doing ? .
  • spiritgod87
    spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    He coulda made his eight years great for black folks if only he pushed for it. It ain't like he gonna get impeached for pushing black folks agenda...white folks agenda been pushed since forever.....its really sad,......p.s. I didn't vote at all, I figured he would win anyway
  • twatgetta

So what did his "Community Organizing" do for Chicago? besides raise the Murder rate....FOH.

Name something of substance that ? has done for Black people in America or ? .
  • twatgetta
    He's done things that people dont give him credit for such as his appointments to the Supreme Court and his Attorney General.

Look at Eric Holder's not so publicized accomplishments to be more clear. They are fighting for black people you just dont hear about it because fighting for blacks isnt exactly sexy anymore.

Now has he done EVERYTHING he could? NO. He's still a politician at the end of the day. He still ? on black fathers with a bunch of ? that isnt even true. He still talks down to black people all the time as if from on high...and the best thing I like about him remains the fact that white people hate him so I support him.

Other than that...MEH

You mean the gun runner that supplied and STILL supplying the Mexican Drug Cartels with weapons to ? each other off to this very day? THAT Eric Holder? ? please!

• kingblaze84
    twatgetta wrote: »

Other than that...MEH

You mean the gun runner that supplied and STILL supplying the Mexican Drug Cartels with weapons to ? each other off to this very day? THAT Eric Holder? ? please!

The same Eric Holder who is also still being a ? when it comes to medical marijuana, even in most states where medical marijuana is legal. Lots of jobs would flourish if the DOJ and Obama would stop being ? on this issue but because both are sellouts, they don't wanna go that route
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2014

Does that discount what he has done? Which was the point i was replying too. It was said plenty of Community Organizers were hating cuz they didn't make moves he made to do more for all people and he succeded. The point was that he was in the hood even though he wasn't raised there and he didn't have to be there while others are there (not all) complaining and not doing ? .

Ok and what has Obama done again? Don't mention that horrible healthcare law, most Black people I know are disgusted with the high prices and deductibles of the plans, and more disgusted they have to pay the high prices or they will get fined. If Obama being George W Bush part 2 is success to you, congrats. Believe me, as a Black man, I don't feel good typing this. But my disgust cant be contained and I haven't been able to since 2010
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Black activists say Obama's State of the Union speech disgusted them.....things are bad when people are making videos like this........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L7mYg6Gt15o
    This proves the point of blind voting based on popularity rather then positions or legitmate accomplishments. Obama was moved along the ladder because of his name and Lineage, he is part of the bloodline of the elites and had a face and name that would appease solely on face value after our Middle eastern efforts. His Presidency has been the ultimate expression of propaganda tactics on a population that has been systematically dumbed down to accept false views on what is actually real...
  • janklow
    the same Eric Holder that wants some ridiculous "smart gun" ? for your guns, no less

• kingblaze84
    janklow wrote: »
    the same Eric Holder that wants some ridiculous "smart gun" ? for your guns, no less

Smart gun smh....how the ? would that even work
  • jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    correction - the question should be has he done anything for the AMERICAN people...not blacks only
  • twatgetta

Easy...chip all new guns so they can be made not to work just by password from the gov't.
  • kingblaze84
    jillymayr wrote: »
    correction - the question should be has he done anything for the AMERICAN people...not blacks only

Twatgetta asked specifically about Blacks I think because it's well known by now most Americans are disappointed or angry with Obama's presidency so far. The polls are pretty consistent with that
  • kingblaze84

Easy...chip all new guns so they can be made not to work just by password from the gov't.

Yeah this makes sense, I can envision a future in which new guns are made so that anyone with a felony or anyone who disses the feds long enough get their guns switched off. Maybe that's what Eric Holder wants to get done some day
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210
    what do you suggest he does? introduce a bill to congress which outlaws having negative feelings towards black people? give them more free ? that will ultimately be counterproductive to them becoming self-sustaining?

and why do you think that should be a president of the united states priority in the first place? and if they don't you call them names like ? . that would make every black person who doesn't invest their energy into the collective race ? ? should all races put their own race above others, like the kkk, ? nation, and such?

get your ? together.
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210

Other than that...MEH

so you support a politician strictly for the sake of disagreeing with another race? a race which doesnt unanimously share the sentiment you go out of your way to disagree with?
  • janklow
    it doesn't, and that's basically the point

but hey, let's let anyone with a smart gun proposal demand the police and/or the military run with it since it's such a great, safe idea and see what they say about it

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my Obamaphone

"execute order 66!"