WWE New Era

Options
silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
What y'all think about it?

We are clearly seeing a usher in of new talents and rises.
Daniel Bryan new face of the company
Ceasaro
Adam Rose
Bo
Russian ?
Shield
Wyatts
Paige

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i love it......

i think the old school is so ? hard on new talent that the ones who make the crop are truly the best out......

i mean i heard stories where old school ? will literally break your bones the first few weeks, just to see if you come back
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of those NXT people I have no feelings one way or another about.

Except Bo Dallas....he sucks. They should have put him in te Wyatt family with his brother.

I'll judge the others based on how they are presented on TV.

As far as the more seasoned guys:

Cesaro is gonna be That Dude, he has a rare talent in his almost superhuman strength.

Roman Reigns will be a star but everybody that likes him now will hate him in 3 years. Hes another Batista and people hate Batista these days.

Seth Rollins...hes very good but I don't see much of a future for him due to his size and moveset. If booked properly he could be a star too but I'm thinking they will use him in a Dolph Ziggler like fashion...just bumping around for bigger guys.

Dean Ambrose is good too, probably much better as a heel and heels aren't booked strong so I don't see much of a future for him once Shield is done. The IWC are gonna have puppies once he started jobbing to Reigns weekly.

Daniel Bryan as a top guy has been 2 years in the making, dude been ready an the crowd been ready. It's time to run with him, they also need to cut that "underdog" ? now. He won two matches in the same night at Wrestlemania this year over some top level guys, he don't qualify as an "underdog" anymore.

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they always booked cena as the underdog, they gonna do the same with db...it's the recurring theme for the new babyfaces...they want db to be on make a wish.....

cuz you know sick kids wanna see db now as well
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I hope the opposite but eventually db gon b like Jeff hardy, wildly over but u just barely hear a couple boos, then either he'll b like cena or rey mysterio if they don't switch it up
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Seth Rollins isnt too small. Hes the same size as Hardy about n not smaller than Bret or HBK or CM Punk. He can be a future WWE champ as much as Reigns can.

In fact he was tge youngest ROH champion ever. Younger than AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Daniek Bryan, or CM punk.

Btw its the Reality Era.JBL basically called it that a few weeks ago.

Cesaro must have a title reign soon I hope or he'll become the Mr Perfect of our generation.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Seth Rollins is going to be a star. Quote me on that when it happens but it is inevitable. He's too much of a total package.

Anyway I remember when I started watching again summer 2012 I was struggling to connect with these guys that the IWC was going bonkers about like Ziggler, Ryback and even to a lesser extent Zack Ryder. They were just bland and boring as ? to me. Don't get me started on the guys the product itself was pushing as future stars like Sheamus and ADR. But 2 of the guys that kept me weathering the storm were Antonio Cesaro and Daniel Bryan.

Granted part of it was because I was familiar with them from ROH since it was the only pro wrestling with a TV deal that I had been watching for the past 10 years at that point. But also it was because they clearly stood above the rest no matter what you threw at them. They knew how to make the best of what they were given no matter how ? the angle and always maximized their minutes by making many omlettes with cracked eggs.

Here we are 2 years later and they are naturally solidified and where they truly belong on the card so this is very exciting to see. On top of that the people who truly shined down in NXT (Ambrose, Rollins, Wyatt, Harper) are also getting their due and it seems like the same will apply to the only decent diva in that entire company (Paige).

I think the future is looking pretty good. The old guard (Austin, Rock, Hogan, Taker) passed the baton at WM and the new guys are now finally rising up ready to become the legends of tomorrow. The period of WWE forcefeeding average and mediocre talent as the guys we should root for (which plagued the last 6 or 7 years) are over. Like Warrior said the fans have a voice again and it's as exciting as it was back in the golden age and attitude era where the fans' voice was always heard.

At the same time of course there will be bumps on the road. It's impossible not to be with 52 weeks of TV. There will be a lot of filler up ahead but the possibilities are still much more exciting than they were this time last year. Expect booking to get reallt nonsensical and ? after Summerslam as usual but the next couple of months until then should contain some gems. I'm looking forward to this new era.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cena has to be moved out of the way ...is WWE willing to do that?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Cena is needed though to put over the newer cats or make them look strong. They need to rebuild the midcard badly right now especially now that the IC belt is the number 2 title again and Cena is crucial to that. All those dudes who's careers I damn near completely missed like Cena, Batista, Lesnar and Orton are now the vets and they need to play their role accordingly. Cena is now where Hogan was around WM 6 and Lesnar has pretty much taken the special attraction title Andre had throughout the 80's and Taker had recently.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's be honest, he's been out the way. He's been the #3 guy behind Batista, Orton and Bryan.
  • jono
    Options

He's already been moved to some degree. He's not involved with the top guys anymore but it's only a matter of time before he shakes back to the main event.

• VIBE
    Options
    Cesaro needs to be built as a face.

Rusev needs to be an undefeated monster heel. I would keep him undefeated until WM31 and have Cesaro defeat him.

Paige needs to put in work and they need to have her defend that title in credible ways.

Orton and Batista need to be a tag team. Yeah, they're beast at that and can be a great heel tag team, bringing back ? win tactics. They can be Trips' henchmen.

Bryan needs to be champ for a few months, but not as an underdog.

Shield needs to stay together for a bit longer, Seth and Ambrose should turn on Reigns to spilt him from the group. Then they should be tag champs.

Reigns needs a singles push. He deserves to run w the IC title for a bit.

Lesnar needs to be the monster no one can beat. After defeating Takers streak, that's the only way to push him. Can't have him beat the streak then fade away or get beat by the likes of Cena and ? .

Cena and Sheamus need to be used to push younger talent.

Harper & Rowen need the tag titles. Bray doesn't need a singles title yet. Keep these guys strong.

• Broddie
    Options
    I was going to mention Damian Sandow in my previous post as someone who could benefit from all this as well. Like Punk, Bryan and Cesaro he kept me thoroughly entertained throughout the dark period that was 2012 WWE. Then I just read a thread on wrestlingforum.com where someone did the math and it turns out that the guy's match record in 2014 is 1-43. Daaaaaaaamn. Keep in mind that he used to be a HHH guy. Now they're doing him more ? than Zack Ryder.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    LLMFFFFFAAAAAOOOO-
  • jono
    Options
    Damien Sandow doesn't deserve this treatment at all. I don't know what he did wrong but seriously it is ridiculous that he barely even gets offense these days. Hes the heel version of Dolph Ziggler, there literally is no reason to treat them do poorly an yet they do.

• Broddie
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Damien Sandow doesn't deserve this treatment at all. I don't know what he did wrong but seriously it is ridiculous that he barely even gets offense these days. Hes the heel version of Dolph Ziggler, there literally is no reason to treat them do poorly an yet they do.

I think it's even worse than Ziggler because unlike Ziggler that dude Sandow could actually cut a hell of a promo and could be a very valuable asset in the future. He's one of the most well rounded guys they have on the roster right now.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2014
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Cesaro needs to be built as a face.

Rusev needs to be an undefeated monster heel. I would keep him undefeated until WM31 and have Cesaro defeat him.

Paige needs to put in work and they need to have her defend that title in credible ways.

Orton and Batista need to be a tag team. Yeah, they're beast at that and can be a great heel tag team, bringing back ? win tactics. They can be Trips' henchmen.

Bryan needs to be champ for a few months, but not as an underdog.

Shield needs to stay together for a bit longer, Seth and Ambrose should turn on Reigns to spilt him from the group. Then they should be tag champs.

Reigns needs a singles push. He deserves to run w the IC title for a bit.

Lesnar needs to be the monster no one can beat. After defeating Takers streak, that's the only way to push him. Can't have him beat the streak then fade away or get beat by the likes of Cena and ? .

Cena and Sheamus need to be used to push younger talent.

Harper & Rowen need the tag titles. Bray doesn't need a singles title yet. Keep these guys strong.

Lesnar is the new Andre. Going into the 80's Andre was booked as the unstoppable force who was also a special attraction. He wasn't on every card but when he did come back it meant something huge and a big rub for whoever was up against him. It's all a matter of who's going to be the "Hogan bodyslamming him in front of 93,000 fans" it'll probably end up being Reigns but I really really hope they give that honor to Cesaro.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Most of those NXT people I have no feelings one way or another about.

Except Bo Dallas....he sucks. They should have put him in te Wyatt family with his brother.

I'll judge the others based on how they are presented on TV.

As far as the more seasoned guys:

Cesaro is gonna be That Dude, he has a rare talent in his almost superhuman strength.

Roman Reigns will be a star but everybody that likes him now will hate him in 3 years. Hes another Batista and people hate Batista these days.

Seth Rollins...hes very good but I don't see much of a future for him due to his size and moveset. If booked properly he could be a star too but I'm thinking they will use him in a Dolph Ziggler like fashion...just bumping around for bigger guys.

Dean Ambrose is good too, probably much better as a heel and heels aren't booked strong so I don't see much of a future for him once Shield is done. The IWC are gonna have puppies once he started jobbing to Reigns weekly.

Daniel Bryan as a top guy has been 2 years in the making, dude been ready an the crowd been ready. It's time to run with him, they also need to cut that "underdog" ? now. He won two matches in the same night at Wrestlemania this year over some top level guys, he don't qualify as an "underdog" anymore.

Bryan will always be a underdog. He doesn't look believable as a champion. At best he will be a Chris beniot with the love from fans like Jeff Hardy. I can't see his mic skills and it factor being strong enough to carry the company and I really like DB. But I predict I 5 months his reign will become stale.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    sheamus needs to b heel, cena is still top dog but i like him fading back to the mid card
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    @Broddie‌
    I disagree bout Dolph tho. I mean Dolph does need to find a catchphrass but after I seen him beat Randy Orton with the superkick at Survivor Series I always believed he could be a superstar, but when the WWE writers book u ? and have no advanced foresight for you through storylines, than 50% of the damage done to Dolph is clearly out of his hands.

Dolph needs to be Ken and Seth needs to be his Ryu imo.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    for the tag team division, they need to re-visit that justin gabriel/tyson kidd team, or even put evan bourne wit one of em
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    y'all think cena ain't touching a belt in 2014? lol that night ain't going nowhere no time soon far as that top spot concerned. 2015 be ready for it
  • VIBE
    Options
    y'all think cena ain't touching a belt in 2014? lol that night ain't going nowhere no time soon far as that top spot concerned. 2015 be ready for it

Not any time soon..

• VIBE
    Options
    How will MITB work now?

Only one title to really go for.

Divas need a MITB match.