Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    botchamania would have their hands full wit that match
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    How will MITB work now?

Only one title to really go for.

Divas need a MITB match.

What im thinking is they do the regular money in the bank title shot match and then in the main event they actually make that a ladder match to for the title, a triple threat match or hell put the same amount of participants in that that you have in the money in the bank match, if they really wanna show us that the new generation has arrived this is what needs to happen.. actually start booking some of them in these bigger matches, put Kofi in it (For his highspots) Ziggler (Literally a favorite underdog of the crowd gives them someone to root for other than the champ) Daniel Bryan (Defending champ) Cesarro (Powerhouse and also the wild card who could leave everyone wondering if hes gonna win) Orton, and either Sheamus or RVD just to fill in the last spot.

ORRR they could just have another MITB and make that one for an IC title match orrr for the IC title itself
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all think cena ain't touching a belt in 2014? lol that night ain't going nowhere no time soon far as that top spot concerned. 2015 be ready for it

He'll get the title in 2014 cause he still has to maintain credibility. However his role is already diminished compared to what it used to be. He's now helping the new guys get over. Like when Roman Reigns ended up being the only guy to ever break the STF. Or when Bray Wyatt avoided the 5 knuckle shuffle with a spider walk. They're using Cena to help make new stars like they're supposed to at this point.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    @Broddie‌
    I disagree bout Dolph tho. I mean Dolph does need to find a catchphrass but after I seen him beat Randy Orton with the superkick at Survivor Series I always believed he could be a superstar, but when the WWE writers book u ? and have no advanced foresight for you through storylines, than 50% of the damage done to Dolph is clearly out of his hands.

Dolph needs to be Ken and Seth needs to be his Ryu imo.

This is going to be a long post cause it will be my last word on Dolph Ziggler. So bear with me and indulge me a bit.

I'm going to be honest I gave the guy a chance. But I just don't see it. One thing I could say is that he sells exceptionally well; but that's what makes a good jobber and that doesn't help him for that reason. All that does is enable to the officials to use you to make the next man look like a million bucks. It kills me as a fan that he doesn't seem to understand that cause it's a really big handicap.

He's been playing this character for the last 5 years. Given different titles. Given a stable; and pushed up the card last year. Yet the only thing the audience could still really remember about him mostly is his failures. That's not a good character.

The guy should probably get a repackage. Coming out and fiddling with his bleached noodle hair in his pink shirts and turquoise trunks isn't enough to stand out. You need to have character that really breaks out if you want to really get out there like that. Like a CM Punk or Chris Jericho. Charisma could only get you so far. You need to be an eloquent talker and really create a mystique and presence around you when performing in the ring. This is what helped the Rocky Maivias and Ringmaster Steve Austins of the past overcome ? gimmicks and break fresh new ones successfully.

The fact that he can't talk and still hasn't learned how to find a good voice and cut exceptional promos on the fly like those guys is kinda sad considering he's been in WWE for 9 years. He's had more than enough examples and agents to help him get better. Hell he could go down to the performance center now and record promos for practice. Yet all he does is complain like he's some hot ? on twitter but coming up short on the product. Believing the hype that the neckbeards and fans that see potential in him always bestow upon him but never living up to it with his actual work.

Another big problem I have with him is that again he doesn't know how to get anything that's thrown at him over. Daniel Bryan was stuck doing one of the lamest most childlike things ever with the Kane/Therapist story. ? was wack and he STILL managed to get it over and help it evolve his character. He made the best of a bad situation. Cesaro managed to overcome a damn yodeling gimmick because true talent will always shine on.

Like Dolph, Cesaro has mic issues but he's figured out ways around that by showing off his dynamic offense not defense like Dolph always does. He's created a mystique around him you don't know what he'll do next in a match. He's a true showman. There is always something fresh because he's always expanding his arsenal. That's something Dolph could actually learn to do. Switch up his offense. Worse yet in 9 years with the company it's something he should already know.

Cesaro has been doing that since the indy days. One minute Cesaro introduces the swing, the next he's doing the flying kick into the ring as well on Raw. I'm familiar enough with Claudio Castagnoli to know that he hasn't even shown his best tricks yet. He still hasn't even introduced the UFO or Ricola Bomb on WWE TV yet. There is room for growth and that creates versatility. Someone like Ziggler who can't really talk and only depends strictly on misplaced charisma should take note and this is why Cesaro has surpassed him on the card.

I really tried to give Dolph Ziggler a chance. In the end nothing about the guy is truly exceptional outside of his selling. His look is lame as ? . He doesn't back up any of his braggadocios shooting on twitter and interviews. The only people who see something in him besides contrarian neckbeards are guys that have been rooting for him for years out of pity almost it seems.

One thing I realized in the 2 years I've been watching the WWE product again is that some guys are either just too complacent or not well rounded enough to be anything but midcard for life. This applies almost to the entire 2008 - 2011 cast of newcomers like Ziggler, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Tyson Kidd, David Otunga, Wade Barrett, Ryback and Kofi Kingston.

I could count the exceptions that went about the right way like Daniel Bryan, Cesaro or Bray Wyatt (remember Husky Harris?) in one hand. Sandow is another exception sadly they're ? with him right now. Outside of those 3 they're all interchangeable and expendable. None is truly exceptional.

Thankfully you can't say that about the generation that's coming up after them. This is the best the product has been in years and it's mostly due to all of HHH and Steph's pet projects (I.E. The Shield, Rusev, Luke Harper, Paige) panning out because those performers step up to the plate and deliver when asked without fault.

They have that extra "oomph" that creates the IT factor that people like Dolph Ziggler could only dream of having. There is more talent like that down in the farm system right now too. Most notably Sami Zayn (El Generico). What happens when he's finally called up?

All that does is create more problems for people like Dolph in the end because these people will take his place on the card due to that and you know what; it's well deserved. Unlike Dolph they earn it by backing it up with their performance and knowing how to keep their mouths shut.

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    @Broddie‌
    I disagree bout Dolph tho. I mean Dolph does need to find a catchphrass but after I seen him beat Randy Orton with the superkick at Survivor Series I always believed he could be a superstar, but when the WWE writers book u ? and have no advanced foresight for you through storylines, than 50% of the damage done to Dolph is clearly out of his hands.

Dolph needs to be Ken and Seth needs to be his Ryu imo.

This is going to be a long post cause it will be my last word on Dolph Ziggler. So bear with me and indulge me a bit.

I'm going to be honest I gave the guy a chance. But I just don't see it. One thing I could say is that he sells exceptionally well; but that's what makes a good jobber and that doesn't help him for that reason. All that does is enable to the officials to use you to make the next man look like a million bucks. It kills me as a fan that he doesn't seem to understand that cause it's a really big handicap.

He's been playing this character for the last 5 years. Given different titles. Given a stable; and pushed up the card last year. Yet the only thing the audience could still really remember about him mostly is his failures. That's not a good character.

The guy should probably get a repackage. Coming out and fiddling with his bleached noodle hair in his pink shirts and turquoise trunks isn't enough to stand out. You need to have character that really breaks out if you want to really get out there like that. Like a CM Punk or Chris Jericho. Charisma could only get you so far. You need to be an eloquent talker and really create a mystique and presence around you when performing in the ring. This is what helped the Rocky Maivias and Ringmaster Steve Austins of the past overcome ? gimmicks and break fresh new ones successfully.

The fact that he can't talk and still hasn't learned how to find a good voice and cut exceptional promos on the fly like those guys is kinda sad considering he's been in WWE for 9 years. He's had more than enough examples and agents to help him get better. Hell he could go down to the performance center now and record promos for practice. Yet all he does is complain like he's some hot ? on twitter but coming up short on the product. Believing the hype that the neckbeards and fans that see potential in him always bestow upon him but never living up to it with his actual work.

Another big problem I have with him is that again he doesn't know how to get anything that's thrown at him over. Daniel Bryan was stuck doing one of the lamest most childlike things ever with the Kane/Therapist story. ? was wack and he STILL managed to get it over and help it evolve his character. He made the best of a bad situation. Cesaro managed to overcome a damn yodeling gimmick because true talent will always shine on.

Like Dolph, Cesaro has mic issues but he's figured out ways around that by showing off his dynamic offense not defense like Dolph always does. He's created a mystique around him you don't know what he'll do next in a match. He's a true showman. There is always something fresh because he's always expanding his arsenal. That's something Dolph could actually learn to do. Switch up his offense. Worse yet in 9 years with the company it's something he should already know.

Cesaro has been doing that since the indy days. One minute Cesaro introduces the swing, the next he's doing the flying kick into the ring as well on Raw. I'm familiar enough with Claudio Castagnoli to know that he hasn't even shown his best tricks yet. He still hasn't even introduced the UFO or Ricola Bomb on WWE TV yet. There is room for growth and that creates versatility. Someone like Ziggler who can't really talk and only depends strictly on misplaced charisma should take note and this is why Cesaro has surpassed him on the card.

I really tried to give Dolph Ziggler a chance. In the end nothing about the guy is truly exceptional outside of his selling. His look is lame as ? . He doesn't back up any of his braggadocios shooting on twitter and interviews. The only people who see something in him besides contrarian neckbeards are guys that have been rooting for him for years out of pity almost it seems.

One thing I realized in the 2 years I've been watching the WWE product again is that some guys are either just too complacent or not well rounded enough to be anything but midcard for life. This applies almost to the entire 2008 - 2011 cast of newcomers like Ziggler, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Tyson Kidd, David Otunga, Wade Barrett, Ryback and Kofi Kingston.

I could count the exceptions that went about the right way like Daniel Bryan, Cesaro or Bray Wyatt (remember Husky Harris?) in one hand. Sandow is another exception sadly they're ? with him right now. Outside of those 3 they're all interchangeable and expendable. None is truly exceptional.

Thankfully you can't say that about the generation that's coming up after them. This is the best the product has been in years and it's mostly due to all of HHH and Steph's pet projects (I.E. The Shield, Rusev, Luke Harper, Paige) panning out because those performers step up to the plate and deliver when asked without fault.

They have that extra "oomph" that creates the IT factor that people like Dolph Ziggler could only dream of having. There is more talent like that down in the farm system right now too. Most notably Sami Zayn (El Generico). What happens when he's finally called up?

All that does is create more problems for people like Dolph in the end because these people will take his place on the card due to that and you know what; it's well deserved. Unlike Dolph they earn it by backing it up with their performance and knowing how to keep their mouths shut.
    Well damn

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rey Mysterio fell off.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about a slap of reality...
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happen to ? matches
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    They still happen just in a more kid friendly, gimmicky fashion, I'm tired of the over usage of kendo sticks
  • VIBE
    They should have an WWE/NXT PPV
  • Max.
  • Max.
    ? these kids nh
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    i guess this is what cm punk wanted all along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLYnBhy7wcQ
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    then again that video is a reminder that wwe could act like they going wit the new guys and then ? it up again
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    I don't know why people think Cena buries everybody. He put over Punk
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    people just give cena a hard time in general, miz too to a lesser extent, of course i can see why sometimes but it goes too far
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    How will MITB work now?

Only one title to really go for.

Divas need a MITB match.
    Money in the bank is in Boston this ,wonder what they going to do with john cena.
  • VIBE
    Max. wrote: »
    Whatever happen to ? matches

PG era and Linda McMahon
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maaan ? all that bring back first blood matches, backstage brawls, bra an ? matches, street fights, and ? matches which was said already. The talent is there it's just bogged down by the damn kid angles.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iron man1 wrote: »
    maaan ? all that bring back first blood matches, backstage brawls, bra an ? matches, street fights, and ? matches which was said already. The talent is there it's just bogged down by the damn kid angles.

I think they could do it...Raw and Smackdown are two hr shows....make first hour PG. Second hr tv14 or MA
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Man i know Vince a dicking Linda down nomore son needs to dead that ? costing him money.

i know WWE has sponsors but ? we want

T&A

? matches (looking back the ? title wasnt even extreme it was more Comedy than anything which would be ok now days but the head shots i guess wont allow them to)

Linda running for office done ? up alot of ? , cost Vince bread and if she ever did make it would just screw up WWE more
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris Nowitski ? up the game too though. Doing all that research on concussions and head shots in wrestling/sports, of course Chris Benoit didnt help matters at all either.

Being straight up, I'm glad that the ? title is gone. It was a waste of time and talent. Most of those guys wrestling for that title weren't even over and after seeing ? matches on every show they got boring as ? .

They just need to build the midcard and give people a reason to care about those guys, doing stupid gimmick matches won't change anything.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    word, seeing raven in ? matches wasnt quite like raven in ecw, or even ravens rules in wcw, ? division always had a slight feel of corniness and being watered down
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raven is one of my favorite guys in the business. Hes a genius but he was totally wasted in tht ? ? division.

Dude could have done so much more in the way of storylines and work if he was given the chance.

That ? title was just somewhere for Vince to stick old ECW guys and WWE guys that were irrelevant.

There were probably 5-10 good ? title matches in the history of that belt, if that many. And that's not a lot once you consider they had sometimes two-three of those matches a week.