No evidence of modern forgery in ancient text mentioning ‘Jesus’s wife’

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Bodhi wrote: »
    Okay. The Bible says that ? created two great lights in the sky to separate day from night. The sun produces light but the moon does not. I guess ? saw the moon in the sky and mistook the reflected light as the moon producing its own light.

The moon reflects light so it would look like there is another light in the sky this is not an error depending on what your perspective is.

Yes, but the Bible is often said to inspired by, or even written by ? . How could ? make such a mistake?

It's not really a mistake it's an explanation, simplified and given to someone primitive and lacking in basic understanding of the solar system.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. The Bible says that ? created two great lights in the sky to separate day from night. The sun produces light but the moon does not. I guess ? saw the moon in the sky and mistook the reflected light as the moon producing its own light.

The moon reflects light so it would look like there is another light in the sky this is not an error depending on what your perspective is.

yeah, from the perspective of someone who knows better, the moon is not a light.

YEAH but if you wanted to explain something to a primitive person you just might say that it's a light.

but its not a light. So if you are willing to admit ? is a liar, go ahead and say so cuz the Bible says he isn't which would be another mistake.
  • zombie
    To a human, it LOOKS like a light. Pay attention to your wording. It LOOKS LIKE, but is not.

I know it's not a light but i live in 2014.
  • zombie

yeah, from the perspective of someone who knows better, the moon is not a light.

YEAH but if you wanted to explain something to a primitive person you just might say that it's a light.

but its not a light. So if you are willing to admit ? is a liar, go ahead and say so cuz the Bible says he isn't which would be another mistake.

It's not a lie through because the moon does reflect light so in a sense it is giving off light like i said earlier it just depend on your perspective.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're making excuses for ? .
  • zombie
    The Bible claims bats are birds but we all now know that they are not.

They classified things differently in the past.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the bible isn't absolute truth and 100% accurate any more. You can try to explain it away anyway that you want, but that only means that there are inaccuracies contain in thy holy book.

Question Everything...
  • zombie
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    you're making excuses for ? .

What excuses?? why don't you try talking to a five year old about quantum physics and then get him to explain it to another five year old and see what he produces.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people knew what reflections were. not to mention if the word of ? is unreliable then what value does it have?
  • zombie
    I guess the bible isn't absolute truth and 100% accurate any more. You can try to explain it away anyway that you want, but that only means that there are inaccuracies contain in thy holy book.

Question Everything...

The bible is 100% truth but it's too complex for most people to understand it.
  • zombie
    people knew what reflections were. not to mention if the word of ? is unreliable then what value does it have?

A reflection of light is what?? still light.

the bible does not say the moon was a light it says that ? put two lights in the sky. The bible does not detail the physics of the universe but it does not lie, It's really just ? trying to talk to mankind
  • Bodhi

It's not a lie through because the moon does reflect light so in a sense it is giving off light like i said earlier it just depend on your perspective.

It is a lie. The Bible says the moon IS a light, not that it looks like a light or that it reflects light. However, the moon IS NOT a light, no matter how you slice it. It is not a light.
  • Bodhi

the bible does not say the moon was a light it says that ? put two lights in the sky. The bible does not detail the physics of the universe but it does not lie, It's really just ? trying to talk to mankind

if the moon is only reflecting light, there is essentially only one light. The bible, though, says there are two lights.
  • zombie

It is a lie. The Bible says the moon IS a light, not that it looks like a light or that it reflects light. However, the moon IS NOT a light, no matter how you slice it. It is not a light.

The bible never says the moon is a light it says ? put two lights in the sky and he did
  • Bodhi
    The Bible claims bats are birds but we all now know that they are not.

They classified things differently in the past.

so ? used to classify bats as birds but now he doesn't? Why not?
  • BIGG WILL
    Getting my laughs in today. Please continue.
  • BIGG WILL

The bible never says the moon is a light it says ? put two lights in the sky and he did

? made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars
  • zombie

if the moon is only reflecting light, there is essentially only one light. The bible, though, says there are two lights.

moon light is a reflection but it's still light so when the bible says ? put two lights in the sky it is correct there are two lights in the sky
  • zombie

? made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars

That is correct . It's not saying that the moon is creating light only that there are two lights in the sky the moon at night and the sun at day.
  • BIGG WILL

moon light is a reflection but it's still light so when the bible says ? put two lights in the sky it is correct there are two lights in the sky

So, why aren't the stars counted as lights too?
  • Bodhi

two great lights to separate day and night.. If those two lights weren't the sun and moon aren't those two lights, tell me what those two lights are.
  • Bodhi
    two great lights to separate day and night.. If those two lights weren't the sun and moon aren't those two lights, tell me what those two lights are.*
  • zombie

So, why aren't the stars counted as lights too?

the light of the day is governed by the sun which means that the major light we see during the day is the sun at night the major light we see in the sky is the moon. not that the moon is creating but at night you look up and the major light you see is coming from the moon. I don't see why this ? is so hard to understand??
  • BIGG WILL

That is correct . It's not saying that the moon is creating light only that there are two lights in the sky the moon at night and the sun at day.

See, you are reaching too far. If its not making any direct mention of the Moon creating light, its also, not making any direct mention of the Sun creating light either.

You only raise more questions trying to take that route.

My Porcelain sink reflects light too, but only some one stupid enough to believe what you are spewing would call my sink a Light...
  • Bodhi

moonlight is a reflection so its ultimately one light, not two.