Sting officially signs to WWE

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    how big was colorful Sting? (i truly dont remember since i wasnt a WCW/NWA guy)

cause it seems like most folks overlook that part of his career now days like whenever Sting is brought up its always the dark Crow version

bigger than the crow version.

Colorful Sting had some WARS.
    that is what cemented his legacy, not some angst ridden clone from a comic book who had zero wars.

But Crow Sting was more over with fans.

That was a product of the nWo being booked so strong.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

cause it seems like most folks overlook that part of his career now days like whenever Sting is brought up its always the dark Crow version

that is what cemented his legacy, not some angst ridden clone from a comic book who had zero wars.

We all knew that, but still he was more known as that version than the surfer version. I mean WCW had higher ratings while he was in that character.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was a fan of blonde sting before I was a fan of hogan

Blonde sting>>
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We all knew that, but still he was more known as that version than the surfer version. I mean WCW had higher ratings while he was in that character.

It wasn't because of that
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3mW0pRIY9g

This was the sting I remember. I never saw the colorful one but the whole nWo thing got me into wrestling thing.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Colorful sting was Cena meets Daniel Bryan fan crazy so...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    crow sting was pretty much my first favorite wrestler, but i was such a fan then, i bought a sting vhs and saw color sting, that was dope too
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    yea Sting a ol head lol
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crow sting was wack compared to colorful sting. Not as energetic. That hiding in the rafter ? was weak. But I will say they flipped Stings character in a way a face could remain good without being over shadowed by a heel I.E. Bret Hart.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sting is 54 years old?

kobe_bryan_wtf.gif

That's not surprising, but what is is that Bootista is only 45 and older than Triple H (44). It's crazy too off the fact that we've known Triple H since the Bluebloods in WCW and known about Batista since he was the muscle for Reverend Devon.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colorful sting was Cena meets Daniel Bryan fan crazy so...

This..... they put him with the 4 horseman and still couldn't turn him heel so they had to kick him out and gave him his own stable, the Dudes with Attitudes (how vanilla is that ? ). Dude was beyond over without winning every single damn match. Everybody knows about the sting/flair fued, I suggest the sting/vader fued to get a little more insight into blond box hair cut sting.

Just from the comments here, I didn't realize how significant crow sting was, wcw really couldn't fail back then.
  • count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy too off the fact that we've known Triple H since the Bluebloods in WCW

I had to goat this because it took me way back. HHH wasn't one of them though, the bluebloods were regal and bobby eaton/dave taylor. HHH was suppose to be in there but he left. He was terror risin for like a week then he was jean-paul lavesque just long enough to make alex wright look decent, then he left and took the gimmick with him as Hunter Hurst Hemsley. The bluebloods promo was entertaining to me at the time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ApH5c8kr4

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sting had some wars with Ric Flair, Vader, 4 Horseman etc late NWA early WCW days.

I actually preferred his surfer beach boy gimmick to his crow Sting.

Most folks were watching the WWF and his life Hogan, Savage, and the Ultimate Warrior but Sting could go back in those days it was nothing got dude to wrestle hour long matches.

Dude was a lot more agile and athletic in those days he was doing he was doing drop kicks, hurricanranas, and splashes off the top rope etc which is very impressive for a 250-260 pound man.

WCW didn't have the exposure WWF/E had pre-NWO that's why younger Sting wasn't as known about.

Like someone else mentioned he was the Cena meets Daniel Bryan of his time maybe with a little bit of Randy Savage too.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sting is 54 years old?

kobe_bryan_wtf.gif

That's not surprising, but what is is that Bootista is only 45 and older than Triple H (44). It's crazy too off the fact that we've known Triple H since the Bluebloods in WCW and known about Batista since he was the muscle for Reverend Devon.

? this all means we old as dirt.
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That crow sting gimmick was hilarious!!!
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sting got lame after he won the title from Hogan. His booking was ? so I stopped watching WCW closely.

Then this happened:
    5654119df16230bdc57df70e4893c408.jpg

I tapped out right there. I think I may have seen his match with Goldberg but after that I was done until DDP won the strap.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sting is 54 years old?

kobe_bryan_wtf.gif

Not surprised, dude's been around since the early 80s

Most wrestlers didn't reach their peak till their 30s

Hogan was 31 when he first won the belt

Bret was 34

Austin was 33
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sting got lame after he won the title from Hogan. His booking was ? so I stopped watching WCW closely.

Then this happened:

I tapped out right there. I think I may have seen his match with Goldberg but after that I was done until DDP won the strap.

I had that shirt as a kid. Along with sting cups, shorts and a bunch of other ? . I don't care what people say that crow/wolfpack ? was cool as ? lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Black and Red Sting sucked major
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »

Then this happened:

I had that shirt as a kid. Along with sting cups, shorts and a bunch of other ? . I don't care what people say that crow/wolfpack ? was cool as ? lol
    Agreed...Luger and Sting being in it made no ? sense seeing as they were caping for WCW and sting was a loner, but that ? was legendary. The red and black was so much flyer than the white and black, including their theme music. Top 5 entrance music all time
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zVGHggXx8HM
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then this happened:

Smh. This, along wit the "Joker Sting" in TNA should be erased from wrestling memory.

Crow Sting was GOAT tho.