Essence Essentials - Official Thread

Comments

• Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited August 2010
    I'm downloading your mix now Dilla. I don't know why I couldn't the last couple of days. I could get to the mediafire side and click "start download" but it wouldn't start download till now. I'll listen to the mix in a couple of minutes, looking forward to it.
  • Neslom
    edited August 2010
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    This place has been idle for a minute so I decided to come up with my own playlist...

What goes for this list is the sounds... hard hitting instrumentals... it's a treat for real music lovers

Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?0yo07gdmtwgmqw6

Just finished listening to your mix. It was dope. Great start with the George Benson song. Nice to see J-Live on it. Of the songs I hadn't heard before I liked International and More Colors
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Neslom wrote: »
    Just finished listening to your mix. It was dope. Great start with the George Benson song. Nice to see J-Live on it. Of the songs I hadn't heard before I liked International and More Colors

Thanks bro...

'Colors' was DJ Spinna feat. Elzhi ( a lyrical beast on the MIC)

Lots of hard truths in that song...
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Thanks bro...

Was gutted I couldn't listen to your mix on my Mac. I'm going to try and convert them on someones pc. Couldn't find any that worked on my Mac. If push comes to shove, I'll buy some software though.

Elzhi song sounds good!
  • Neslom
    edited August 2010
    Thanks bro...

Yes and a really dope concept
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Was gutted I couldn't listen to your mix on my Mac. I'm going to try and convert them on someones pc. Couldn't find any that worked on my Mac. If push comes to shove, I'll buy some software though.

Elzhi song sounds good!

I couldn't play them on my pc, I needed a wma license. I checked them out on youtube, just an idea
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2010
    Neslom wrote: »
    Yes and a really dope concept

I couldn't play them on my pc, I needed a wma license. I checked them out on youtube, just an idea

Ahhh okay, thanks
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited August 2010
    kenna your mix is the perfect nightcap man...and i jsut when i thought i had all the japenese hiphop locked down, you come with a bunch of great songs ive never heard...great mix man. :tu
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2010
    Thanks Ninja, thought you'd really enjoy it :tu

I enjoyed putting it together, I had it all downloaded but never get the chance to listen as much as of late, so was a good way of forcing myself into making the time to do so.

What's some of your favourites Ninja?
  • ninjasenses
    edited August 2010
    hmm off the top of my head some tracks that stick out...the lupe track, rasaan ahmad track and the michita tracks. Still listening though...have only gone through it twice. I downloaded all of replus' albums, another gem i didnt know about :tu.

ps - there is a remix of footsteps with an emcee over the beat and its sick...ill try and find it for ya if you havent heard it. I think it was on of one michitas albums remixed
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2010
    hmm off the top of my head some tracks that stick out...the lupe track, rasaan ahmad track and the michita tracks. Still listening though...have only gone through it twice. I downloaded all of replus' albums, another gem i didnt know about :tu.

ps - there is a remix of footsteps with an emcee over the beat and its sick...ill try and find it for ya if you havent heard it. I think it was on of one michitas albums remixed

Michita and re: plus stuff is really nice, good shout on getting their stuff!

I'd be interested in hearing the remix too.

Is it your mix next? Possibly place the remix on that :tu
  • ninjasenses
    edited August 2010
    Michita and re: plus stuff is really nice, good shout on getting their stuff!

I'd be interested in hearing the remix too.

Is it your mix next? Possibly place the remix on that :tu

? is it already?! hmm i think your right, and btw your mix is my nightly wind down mix. after workin all day, i fix my self up a drink, read ? online and listen to this mix. Couldnt be a better nightcap, nicely done my man. :tu
  • ninjasenses
    edited August 2010
    Essence essentials - Behind the music
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3gxolcp6do25u8l

I made this mix with dj's in mind. It features some of my favorite dj's of all time. The track numbers got ? up so it may not flow like I wanted but hopefully it will give you guys some expose to some of my favortie dj's and shine some light on the guys that dont get the credit they deserve. Tracks ranch anywhere from beats to breaks to raw turntablism. hope you guys enjoy!!

*Note - left off the japanese dj's since ruff draft made a whole mix to them
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010

I made this mix with dj's in mind. It features some of my favorite dj's of all time. The track numbers got ? up so it may not flow like I wanted but hopefully it will give you guys some expose to some of my favortie dj's and shine some light on the guys that dont get the credit they deserve. Tracks ranch anywhere from beats to breaks to raw turntablism. hope you guys enjoy!!

Props............
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2010
    ? is it already?! hmm i think your right, and btw your mix is my nightly wind down mix. after workin all day, i fix my self up a drink, read ? online and listen to this mix. Couldnt be a better nightcap, nicely done my man. :tu

Haha yeah, comes back around fast doesn't it? Class that we're keeping it going tho!

I'm glad my mix is getting some spins! I keep listening to it too.

You're mix sounds great, I'll check it out when I get back home on Thursday if I can!

Dilla, nice gf! You see any football this weekend? Liverpool did decent!
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Haha yeah, comes back around fast doesn't it? Class that we're keeping it going tho!

I'm glad my mix is getting some spins! I keep listening to it too.

You're mix sounds great, I'll check it out when I get back home on Thursday if I can!

Dilla, nice gf! You see any football this weekend? Liverpool did decent!

I'm a Gooner... and glad we nicked a very valuable point

How was your trip?...
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2010
    I'm a Gooner... and glad we nicked a very valuable point

How was your trip?...

Fair play, theres definitely worse teams you could support (namely united ha)

Is a good point for both sides though, our first four games are a joke.

Trips still going thanks :tu free wifi in hotel so using my phone.
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Fair play, theres definitely worse teams you could support (namely united ha)

Is a good point for both sides though, our first four games are a joke.

Trips still going thanks :tu free wifi in hotel so using my phone.

Cool............
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Whaddup peoplez, I'm going to dl and listen to these mixes!

I've been crazy buzy and haven't had the time, so I'mma catch up!
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    traestar wrote: »
    Whaddup peoplez, I'm going to dl and listen to these mixes!

I've been crazy buzy and haven't had the time, so I'mma catch up!

Welcome back... LOL
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Welcome back... LOL

yea dilla, I check up once in a while
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010

Going to give this a listen tomorrow Ninja!!!

Is it Dilla's or Beats' turn?

Looking forward to more mixes :tu
  • rip.dilla
    edited September 2010
    Going to give this a listen tomorrow Ninja!!!

Is it Dilla's or Beats' turn?

Looking forward to more mixes :tu

I don't know if it's my turn yet... but if it is, I'll get something done soon
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    I don't know if it's my turn yet... but if it is, I'll get something done soon

I think it is from the list on the front page :tu

If you can upload them as MP3's you'd be a Saint :tu
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    Listened to your mix Ninja, really enjoyed it, some nice mixing and scratching on there! :tu
  • ninjasenses
    edited September 2010
    Listened to your mix Ninja, really enjoyed it, some nice mixing and scratching on there! :tu

good im glad you liked it...wanted to kidna switch it up a bit. rip dilla you can go whenever your ready.. i need some new tunes!!