Gone Girl (2014) Ben Affleck, David Fincher

Options
lazypakman
lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for some reason i want to check this out

• lazypakman
    Options
    Watched this earlier,haven't read the book but I thought this was one of the better films I've seen this year.real simple film making from fincher as well, real understated all the way throughout.
    rosamund pike never strook me as much of an actress but I was stunned with her performance in this at times
  • lazypakman
    Options
    Watched this earlier,haven't read the book but I thought this was one of the better films I've seen this year.real simple film making from fincher as well, real understated all the way throughout.
    rosamund pike never strook me as much of an actress but I was stunned with her performance in this at times
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got back in from watching it - twisted as ? . Seriously warped film.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I had Rosamund Pike down as a ? actress as well but she absolutely smashed it.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Why the ? is tyler perry in this movie?
    Ain't read the book and ain't reading the damn spoilers but apparently he did his damn thing in this movie according to USA Today's review. Obviously he just can't carry his own movie in a serious role as Alex Cross proved.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been interested since I saw the first trailer. From the looks of it there has to be a twist or something there. I'm a sucker for movies with twists esp. if they're done right.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm tempted to see this but at the sametime I'm tempted to just look at every spoiler possible.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome movie I didn't read the book but the person I was with did and they said it's exactly the same I'm not surprised since the screenwriter is the author of the book
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really wanna see this jawn. David Fincher is one of my favorite directors and has never let me down. Looks dark, suspenseful, and twisted. My favorite type of film.
  • Sex&Violence
    Sex&Violence Members Posts: 23
    Options
    some big hype on this film, need to see.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    I've been interested since I saw the first trailer. From the looks of it there has to be a twist or something there. I'm a sucker for movies with twists esp. if they're done right.

It's more the whole thing which is a twist, which will make sense if you watch it.a lot of the movie is based around the medias involvement of the story and what influence they have on public opinion.

In finchers hands it's almost like some deranged offshoot of 'the social network' the way they go at the media.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill check it out. Ima start the book soon. Gotta support Batman yo.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna see this
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh this movie......
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was ? GOAT!!!

one of the best movies I've seen in a while!!

David Fincher did this one man.

acting was perfect. Even Tyler Perry did great.

? ....i said Tyler Perry did great and I dont like him so you know it was good.

a bit long,but perfect build up. Yall have to pay attention to the movie tho,to catch everything and the impact. So turn ya phones off and get into it and you will enjoy it twice as much
  • lazypakman
    Options
    character that tyler played was originally white in the book as well.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good film. Saw it tonight at the cinema

Murder mystery. Matrimonial drama. Media scrutiny and intrusion. All rolled into one. ..

Nice twists in the plot. Good photography. Rosamund Pike puts in a chilling performance. Tyler Perry was surprisingly good and effortless in this. I liked Ben Affleck's sister's character too; played the sibling role well

4/5
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Affleck was actually about to shoot/direct his new film when he found out about casting for this particular film and abandoned his ? temporarily

He's back shooting his 4th directorial feature. ..
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaaaaaannnn W...T...F???? Probably one of the few movies that made my jaw drop multiple times.
    @!!
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I wanted to read the book first but I ended up seeing the movie on a whim...don't know if I ? up by doing it in that order (I did the same thing with girl with the dragon tattoo) but the WTF moments (and they were in abundance) played out crazy on screen. I wonder how they came across in the book
    especially when you find out the ? set him up and was alive

And the movie was pretty long as is but I just know it has to be other crazy or interesting ? from the book that got left out.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    I wanted to read the book first but I ended up seeing the movie on a whim...don't know if I ? up by doing it in that order (I did the same thing with girl with the dragon tattoo) but the WTF moments (and they were in abundance) played out crazy on screen. I wonder how they came across in the book
    especially when you find out the ? set him up and was alive

And the movie was pretty long as is but I just know it has to be other crazy or interesting ? from the book that got left out.

I'm going to read the book when I get a chance but from what I hear it's virtually the same minus a few details and some characters who they didn't have time to fit in into the screenplay
    The scene where shes covered in blood after slitting his throat had been stuck in my head since I saw it.