Wolverine vs. Spider-Man

DarkRaiden
DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Quite Comical
The Canadian Clawed Samurai of Weapon X vs. the New York Webbed Teen Genius.

We all know they fought a lot, and Spidey's taken some, Logan (or James) has taken some. So who you got winning.

Argument for Wolverine:
http://www.warwithwords.com/?p=317

Argument for Spider-Man:
http://www.warwithwords.com/?p=320

Wolverine vs. Spider-Man 32 votes

Wolverine
40%
Dupac[Deleted User]  Colin$mackabi$hhueyCopperSunflowaSeedsevoljeanyesCashmoneyDuxaka_OGAlkinduzTheManInBlack4.0IgnorantSoleWind Rider 13 votes
Spider-Man
56%
gnsthe ghostMdizzle9000vagrant-718MorganFreemanKingThe Lonious MonkNothingButTheTruthKairoDarkRaidenDrMindbender122Sour-CreamCottonCitySlimSuperSoakerLUClENcannonspike1994MasterfultechBangEm_Bart Cyril_Sneer 18 votes
Stalemate
3%
StoneColdMikey 1 vote

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2014
    Spidey could win but he wont ?

1778771-1147496_1079970_spiderman_vs__wolverine_58_super_1__super.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    wolverine-vs-captain-america-vs-spider-man-triple-threat-11647.jpg
    901477-mkspid14p4sg5.gif

[img]https://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484693_10200509192718393_1458128753_n.jpg[/img]
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolverine
    Logan has to land one blow. I'm taking him.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiderman 10/10
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider-Man
    If it's a fight where neither of them wants to ? the other. I'm taking Spiderman 10/10. If one has to ? the other, then I'd go for Wolverine 6/10.

Not really proof of how a fight would go for them, but still funny.

3483200-6505948944-27877.jpg
  • evoljeanyes
    Wolverine
    LOL, Wolverine has always been a Peter antagonist. He has never ever tried to beat Peter because he likes him. Peter can be be hit. The claws put him away for good once. Even in a fight, Peter gets hit once with the claws, he is down. To the death Logan, 7/10. In a fight to knockout, Peter would probably take 7/10. Peter Parker is a beast. These are two of my favorites. Pete's speed and strength are great advantages...at 10 tons...he is significantly stronger than Logan
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider-Man
    Spiderman. He's quicker and he has spider sense. Wolverine won't be able to land a hit, and Spiderman's webs give him the long range advantage as well.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Spiderman wins a solid majority. Depending on how he feels that day this could be a total owning and humilation of Logan
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Wolverine
    In not one picture, did I see a set of claws.

Wolverine's known to hold back, even in his berserker rage, against opponents he respects or has some weird affection for.

Admitted it about Sabretooth and think of all the ? up ? it took before Creed got got.

He's not dicing Parker if he gets the opportunity.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Wolverine be written all ? up one min he unstoppable the next he getting his ass handed to him.

Also most of the the other Marvel faces always sonnin him like its nothing
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Spiderman 10/10. He is superior in every conceivable way. Spider sense shuts down just about everything Wolverine has, plus Spidey is faster, stronger, and smarter.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider-Man
    They both have similar speed, sense and cat like reflexes, spidey's strength, intellect and long range webs gives him the advantage. I'd even put him over cap.
  • Bcotton5
    Spider is waaaaaay stronger and faster.

He's a tier above Wolverine and cap
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider-Man
    If it's Spock I'm taking spidey since Spock already beat his ass thoroughly already
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolverine
    wolverine ? me off..

he's like HHH with the sledgehammer....what's the point of having claws if you ain't bout murking ? every fight
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider-Man
    In all fairness, Hugh Jackman Wolverine would win though because for some ? up reason due to bad script writing from FOX, he's invulnerable to all attacks on ? 's green earth even the phoenix force so he's a walking ? .
  • evoljeanyes
    Wolverine
    Cap is not in Wolverine's class, but Logan and Spidey are in the same class, Spidey can't put logan down, Logan could easily put Spidey down
  • evoljeanyes
    Wolverine
    Speed is not a huge different...Spidey can't just evade logan. Logan has faster than the human eye speed feats
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider-Man
    I don't know about that. I'd say Cap and Wolverine are closer physically than Wolverine and Spidey. And Cap has straight up schooled Spidey before, in a way that Wolverine never has.
  • jaxn
    Cap is not in Wolverine's class, but Logan and Spidey are in the same class, Spidey can't put logan down, Logan could easily put Spidey down
    incorrect. Cap and Logan are in the same class. Hell Cap most likely is superior than Wolverine except in durability. Spidey is above them both by far

• TheManInBlack4.0
    Wolverine
    "However, according to Marvel Wolverine, Power Man, and Spider-Man all have a strength level of 4 out of 7."

I don't know how credible the Marvel Wikia is but they cite Marvel's official statistics.

Keep in mind that Wolverine lugs around an admantium skeleton which enables him to have super human strength.

Technically.
  • Bcotton5
    Nah Spiderman is stronger than him by a pretty good amount.

Plus Wolverine has nothing that can ? with his spidersense
  • jaxn
    "However, according to Marvel Wolverine, Power Man, and Spider-Man all have a strength level of 4 out of 7."

I don't know how credible the Marvel Wikia is but they cite Marvel's official statistics.

Keep in mind that Wolverine lugs around an admantium skeleton which enables him to have super human strength.

Technically.

Spiderman is CL 10 - CL 20 in strength. He is far faster and more agile than Wolverine. He can literally dance around Wolverine without being touched if he wanted. Logan is nowhere near Spiderman's level in strength nor speed.. Logan isn't necessarily stronger than Captain America. They're in the same strength class with Cap having the edge imo. Only thing Wolverine has over the others is his healing factor and durability thanks to his adamantium lacing. IIRC, he's now lost his healing factor. Marvel Wiki isn't that credible. You can use it for a basic understanding of the characters but I wouldn't use their stats. I'd go with whats shown in the books.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    Wolverine
    jaxn wrote: »

Technically.

Spiderman is CL 10 - CL 20 in strength.

(Source?)

He is far faster and more agile than Wolverine. He can literally dance around Wolverine without being touched if he wanted. Logan is nowhere near Spiderman's level in strength nor speed..

(He can Mayweather Wolverine all he wants but if Logan pops his claws, Pete's a dead man. He may have to dance around for a reason. Although, as previously stated, Wolverine holds back on those he has affection for. Even Sabretooth. Parker's his emergency contact if Logan would somehow need medical treatment. They're actually pretty tight.)

Logan isn't necessarily stronger than Captain America. They're in the same strength class with Cap having the edge imo. Only thing Wolverine has over the others is his healing factor and durability thanks to his adamantium lacing.

(That's your opinion, which I respect you admitted to, but Wolverine has taken it to Cap before. What did Forge say? Something along the lines that Wolverine's mind works like an gold medal Olympic athlete beating four computers at chess or something along those lines. Besides, like I said, Wolverine takes it easy on those he has affection for. Cap ranks top five I would say. He's never going to pop three claws in Steve's head.)

IIRC, he's now lost his healing factor.

(I know. But he'll obviously get it back. It's just a plot device.)

Marvel Wiki isn't that credible. You can use it for a basic understanding of the characters but I wouldn't use their stats. I'd go with whats shown in the books.

(Fair enough, but Logan's gone toe to toe with the Hulk enough for them to have their own issues. Of course, Wolverine lost but during World War Hulk, the Hulk expressed his respect for Wolverine as a rival. As did Magneto during Fatal Attractions. Spider-who?)