NBA or NFL... Which league do you prefer?

joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
Which league do you enjoy the most out of the 2 best sports in The great land of America....

The NFL is the machine but me personally NBA shyts on the NFL for at least the past 5 years.... The NFL is too media-driven for me to handle like when I was younger.... It's too much "blah blah blah, blah blah blah" BS for me to stay engaged, the commissioner and the owners change the fkn game rules annually for irrelevant reasons and they regulate their players for any kind of personal conduct issue (like even a damn speeding ticket).. Too much talk, the offseason preparation is longer than the actual action, I can go on for days... The season doesn't last long enough to stay desirable to me, too much analysis not enough action for me

NBA is the best show IMO hands down... You get more than what you want sometimes but you get a full dose of a season.... The NBA doesn't ? on their own players like the league does, you have the greatest athletes in the world performing night in and night out... There are inferior teams in the nba but as well as in the NFL, the best team is defined in NBA unlike in the NFL sometimes... NBA is the virtue of virtues, superstars are defined by success... It's not just all about the QB getting the glory, the NBA is more entertaining now... They have to clean up on the tanking stuff but the NBA is the better league I'd say

NBA or NFL... Which league do you prefer? 99 votes

NBA
36%
eyes lowjoeyfkncrakkJusDre313achewon87MarcusGarveyPILL_COSBYza'kissCJspit_fiyafranknittiTommy bilfigerKameChi-Town BullyNothingButTheTruthTheBoyRoTRILLip BrooksSir LurkalotRiGGAI.B. BlackmanA$AP_A$TON 36 votes
NFL
63%
northside7dwade206white715CP203the ghostbigduece69fortyacresbow to royaltythemadlionsfanGhostdenithegawdhueyBcotton5bigbird_1HustleThaDongman82prop joeStewvageneral08dallas' 4 evaKINGEC 63 votes

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBA
    NBA easy, only a casual fan of nfl at best.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    I love basketball though.

I love hooping

I'm from New Orleans so I gotta go with football.
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    Nothing like watching football all Sunday...and each game means so much more
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    T.Vick04 wrote: »

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    Not even close for me
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    NFL

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL

So true.

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBA
    Nfl is cool I enjoy watching the giants but unlike the nba I really don't care to watch other teams. I also think basketball takes more skill to play than football
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    Love basketball..... but this is a runaway
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the one that's live on my TV showing games that count.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    Which league do you enjoy the most out of the 2 best sports in The great land of America....

The NFL is the machine but me personally NBA shyts on the NFL for the at least the past 5 years.... The NFL is too media-driven for me to handle like when I was younger.... It's too much "blah blah blah, blah blah blah" BS for me to stay engaged, the commissioner and the owners change the fkn game rules annually for irrelevant reasons and they regulate their players for any kind of personal conduct issue (like even a damn speeding ticket) an.. Too much talk, the offseason preparation is longer than the actual action, I can go on for days... The season doesn't last long enough to stay desirable to me, too much analysis not enough action for me

NBA is the best show IMO hands down... You get more than what you want sometimes but you get a full dose of a season.... The NBA doesn't ? on their own players like the league does, you have the greatest athletes in the world performing night in and night out... There are inferior teams in the nba but as well as in the NFL, the best team is defined in NBA unlike in the NFL sometimes... NBA is the virtue of virtues, superstars are defined by success... It's not just all about the QB getting the glory, the NBA is more entertaining now... They have to clean up on the tanking stuff but the NBA is the better league I'd say

Exactly. The NBA is a show. It's not for fans of competitive sports, it's for fans of exciting moments, and bandwagoners. People put up "crossovers" that are a dude tripping on someone's foot, or someone gettin "dunked on" when they're actually standing on the ground trying to take a charge. And as for all the games, the NBA is a quantity over quality product.

The NFL is much closer to perfection. The hard salary cap keeps every team on level financial playing field. Talent is legitimately spread out through the NFL, the NBA not so much. Playing an 82 game regular season over the course of 6 months to eliminate less than half the league is wack.

And as far as being media driven, can I PLEASE stop hearing about the Knicks? 4 winning seasons since 2000, and they haven't won a championship in 40 years. Why are they always a topic?
  • eyes low
    NBA
    Nfl playoffs might be the dumbest ? ever. The best team doesn't always win the Super Bowl you can't really say the best team doesn't win the nba championship
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    NBA sucks nowI dont even watch it until the playoffs start these days. And I grew up a basketball player and fan
  • bow to royalty
    NFL
    eyes low wrote: »
    Nfl playoffs might be the dumbest ? ever. The best team doesn't always win the Super Bowl you can't really say the best team doesn't win the nba championship

Ya, I hate that "anything can happen" feeling while I'm watching a game. I like to look forward to a best of 7 series, and already know the outcome. But watch them play 4-7 games anyway, to reach the outcome I already knew was gonna happen.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    Since 1990 there has only been 8 different NBA champions.
    Since 1990 there has only been two upsets in the NBA finals. '04 Pistons & '11 Mavericks.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    O.G. wrote: »
    Since 1990 there has only been two upsets in the NBA finals. '04 Pistons & '11 Mavericks.

You can go back further and find them same stats bruh.
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    NFL
    The only thing i have against the nfl is the ? rules they impose on the players... ? can't even celebrate anymore... other than that no contest... nba hasn't been the same since the late 90's (still enjoy that ? though)
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »

You can go back further and find them same stats bruh.

Not sure what you mean.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    I can't choose I like them both equally.
  • eyes low
    NBA

Ya, I hate that "anything can happen" feeling while I'm watching a game. I like to look forward to a best of 7 series, and already know the outcome. But watch them play 4-7 games anyway, to reach the outcome I already knew was gonna happen.

That's the whole purpose of a series so the best team wins. Any thing can happen in one game and that's the problem I don't want my team getting eliminated bc of one play or bc the other team got hot for one game
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL

That's the whole purpose of a series so the best team wins. Any thing can happen in one game and that's the problem I don't want my team getting eliminated bc of one play or bc the other team got hot for one game

Unless it was corrupt officiating which blatantly happens in the NBA more than any other sport that caused the so called best team to lose, then they weren't the best team in the first place, NFL is a superior league and the playoffs are a lot more intense, I like knowing more than 1 of 4 or 5 teams at best can win the championship, like parallel said its a perfect league and NBA is far from it, NFL needs to quit ? around adding stupid rules every year and an 18 game season can easily tarnish the game years down the road
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL
    I'll say this though as much as I love football Celtics is still my favorite Boston team, between being a fan since the Bird/Parrish/Mchale era, having a crazy memorabilia collection, and being a team I honestly feel I could work for, football maybe the better sport but the Celtics are my team
  • eyes low
    NBA

Unless it was corrupt officiating which blatantly happens in the NBA more than any other sport that caused the so called best team to lose, then they weren't the best team in the first place, NFL is a superior league and the playoffs are a lot more intense, I like knowing more than 1 of 4 or 5 teams at best can win the championship, like parallel said its a perfect league and NBA is far from it, NFL needs to quit ? around adding stupid rules every year and an 18 game season can easily tarnish the game years down the road

Questionable officiating goes on in all leagues. I also think the nfl needs to slow down with trying to add games to the weekdays that was one of the benefits of nfl is I never had to miss a game bc it was on Sunday. Thursday night is stupid and always ? up my fantasy team
  • bow to royalty
    NFL
    [="eyes low;6965291"]
    Nfl playoffs might be the dsost ? ever. The best team doesn't always win the Super Bowl you can't really say the best team doesn't win the nba championship

That's the whole purpose of a series so the best team wins. Any thing can happen in one game and that's the problem I don't want my team getting eliminated bc of one play or bc the other team got hot for one game [/quote]

The purpose is to make money. They need the better team to win because if Lebron gets knocked out in the first round the ratings will go to ? .

Also NBA fans like to say that "series for the best" team thing. How often do y'all think a scrub NFL team wins the Super Bowl?