Would A Pass Be Given If Players Blackballed A Player Like They Did Isaiah Thomas Today?

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
So it's pretty much known that the members of Dream Team I, mainly Jordan, Magic and Pippen, didn't want Isaiah on the team. They all had their own reasons. If you don't know Magic's reasons click the spoiler
"Magic addresses years of rumors by finally accusing Thomas of questioning his sexuality after Johnson was diagnosed with ? in 1991. Magic also admits that he joined with Michael Jordan and other players in blackballing Thomas from the 1992 Olympic Dream Team, saying, 'Isiah killed his own chances when it came to the Olympics. Nobody on that team wanted to play with him. ... Michael didn't want to play with him. Scottie [Pippen] wanted no part of him. Bird wasn't pushing for him. Karl Malone didn't want him. Who was saying, 'We need this guy?' Nobody.'"http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Magic-Johnson-blasts-Isiah-Thomas-in-new-book-I?urn=nba,197683
What if that were to happen today? How much ? would that player/s be given or would they be given a pass on it too?

Comments

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Thomas. I think it says a lot about him when his own coach Chuck Daly did not stick up for him in the whole Dream Team drama.

IMO Magic should ? about Thomas not being wanted bcuz he should remember ? didn't want him on the team either. (Malone & Drexler)
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People would be in more danger of being defriended off of social media than this
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of Thomas. I think it says a lot about him when his own coach Chuck Daly did not stick up for him in the whole Dream Team drama.

IMO Magic should ? about Thomas not being wanted bcuz he should remember ? didn't want him on the team either. (Malone & Drexler)

Why didn't they want magic on the team?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »

Why didn't they want magic on the team?

Concerned about his ?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think he was really "blackballed".

He was just the kind of dude that made little effort to be buddy-buddy with nikkas, and the league was salty that the pistons had recently went back2back and there was no Bird, Magic, or Jordan on the pistons.

Just a bunch of "? you" type nikkas.

If you think about it, the dream team was basically a late-80s, early 90s "The Pistons ? on Us all-star team."

Dream team was filled with great players, but they had the mentality of battered wives -- and Isaiah was Ike Turner.

He did some hoe ass ? as well
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems to me Thomas blackballed himself.
  • blackrain
    Options

He was just the kind of dude that made little effort to be buddy-buddy with nikkas, and the league was salty that the pistons had recently went back2back and there was no Bird, Magic, or Jordan on the pistons.

If you think about it, the dream team was basically a late-80s, early 90s "The Pistons ? on Us all-star team."

Dream team was filled with great players, but they had the mentality of battered wives -- and Isaiah was Ike Turner.

It ain't like those teams/players hadn't beaten the Pistons too though.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Some teams/people you don't want to lose to -- Detroit were that team.

They rubbed it in and kicked your ass in the process.

Magic and Isiah were friends until the pistons started winning.

Pistons were supposed to be that "close but no cigar" team every year - nikkas couldn't stomach seeing them at the top.

At least that's how it seems to me.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then was some hoe ass buddy buddy ? ...isaih told the truth bout magic both den ? was ? together. All that do ? ? andhide ur hand all then years is fake
  • blackrain
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Some teams/people you don't want to lose to -- Detroit were that team.

They rubbed it in and kicked your ass in the process.

Magic and Isiah were friends until the pistons started winning.

Pistons were supposed to be that "close but no cigar" team every year - nikkas couldn't stomach seeing them at the top.

At least that's how it seems to me.

They didn't stop being friends because the Pistons won. They stopped being friends because Magic said he heard/was told that Isaiah said something about him being ? and catching ? that way.
  • O.G.
    Options
    @aneed123
    Why did you wack my post?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • O.G.
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    My bad mobile

all good.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course not.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dead*
    I can't breathe
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People would be in more danger of being defriended off of social media than this

Cosigned den a muthafucka

These players today chummy off the court, back then they spit that real.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cosigned den a muthafucka

These players today chummy off the court, back then they spit that real.

Real?

? got beef over basketball is ? stupid.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the pros it's deeper than just "basketball"

That nikka on the other team is trying to take food out your kids mouths.

I'm in LA and I see James Worthy's old ass on commercials still gettin endorsement money off of championships he won decades ago.

And these days -- fans and the media talk about like a dog if you're a good/great player that "never won a ring".

That kind of beef makes more sense than most Rap beefs, more sense than gang beef, or beefin over some bish -- or even worse --- beefin over words posted on the innanet like nikkas do on here errday.

*shrug*
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    In the pros it's deeper than just "basketball"

That nikka on the other team is trying to take food out your kids mouths.

I'm in LA and I see James Worthy's old ass on commercials still gettin endorsement money off of championships he won decades ago.

And these days -- fans and the media talk about like a dog if you're a good/great player that "never won a ring".

That kind of beef makes more sense than most Rap beefs, more sense than gang beef, or beefin over some bish -- or even worse --- beefin over words posted on the innanet like nikkas do on here errday.

*shrug*

Also cosigned den a. For example championships make a lotta irrelevant muhfuggas money for life. Most color commentators got rings. See Kenny Smith and Steve Kerr gwappin despite mediocre careers minus the hardware. And James Worthy without the rings is just the ex-baller who got busted for bein with prostitutes.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    ? can't forget John Paxson. Basically a glorified scrub. But let him play w/MJ and hit a clutch jump shot or two and now he practically running the Bulls.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The team really didn't need him though
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zeek wasn't blackballed by the team it was fairly simple. Jordan gave an ultimatum he told the selection committee if you want him to play then Thomas can not be on the team. Magic or any of the others players had nothing to do with it. It came down to a choice do you want the star and face of the league on your team or Isiah.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? can't forget John Paxson. Basically a glorified scrub. But let him play w/MJ and hit a clutch jump shot or two and now he practically running the Bulls.

? Paxson paid his dues. He started at the bottom as a scout. Then radio commentator. The became GM after Krause was put to pasture. The guy who had a true gripe and still holds a grudge is BJ Armstrong who was in the front office learning the game from Krause. He was Passover for Paxson. Coincidently he is D.Rose agent.