Orphan Black Season 2

Options
PaperPlaneJane
PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
If you haven't caught on to this show you're really missing out. Tatiana Maslany is a GREAT actress and was really slept on during award season. The show's premise is really interesting and different than any sci-fi show out there right now. Season 2 starts tonight at 10pm/9pm Central on BBC America.

Short Season 1 recap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7JAdjJrJik

Orphan Black Extras: Inside Look: About the Characters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLoyRl-zb24

Season 2 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjnwweTyOPw

Comments

• Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dread locked Tatiana look sexy as ? even though I know they all the same person
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Helena's alive!!! Alison is ? hilarious as always. Sarah setting that whole thing up and impersonating Cosima to get in to the building to get to the ProClone chick was dope. Ol girl was shook. LOL.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope show, no traction on the IC tho. Yall missin out.
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my favorite shows...
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am super late but this show is dope.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started season 1 on Netflix.

Good start and ol girl is a great actress.
  • King of GA
    Options
    That this show is so heavily slept on is criminal.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah season 3 ended a little to happy go lucky for me, but still a well written show.
  • DNB1
    Options
    This ? happened in real life

twin_2651804a.jpg
    A TELLY presenter was shocked to discover she was not related to her doppelganger ‘twin’.

Niamh Geaney found three women who look identical to her after launching a project called Twin Strangers.

The 26-year-old brunette first met Karen Branigan, also 26, through a photoshoot that went viral.

And amazingly she discovered two more during her 28-day quest to find her closest lookalike.

Luisa Guizzardi in Italy and then Irene Adams, who lives just an hour away from her in Ireland.

Niamh, a student and TV presenter, decided to take a DNA test with Irene to discover if they were related.

They both took swabs of their salvia and sent them off to a lab to find out if they are sisters, half-sisters and whether are related up to 20,000 years ago.

The first test revealed there is a 0.0006% - odds of 150,000/1 - they are sisters, 1.1% - 93/1 – they are half-sisters.

And the final one showed there are not related anywhere up to 20,000 years ago.

Niamh, of Dublin, said: "The results are reported as ‘statistical likelihood’ or chances/odds.

“So while they can’t say 100 per cent (you never can with DNA on account of the randomness of nature), the statistical likelihood is calculated based on the genetic markers that you share (Niamh and Irene, or Niamh and any other member of the population, we will all share some markers because they’re present in all members of the population).”

Irene was amazed to discover how similar they were.

She said: “I was out shopping and a girl from school who I hadn't talked to in years was telling me about this ‘Doppelganger girl’ all over YouTube that was my twin.

“I hadn't heard about the project so I went home and out of curiosity looked it up."

Irene added: “I then received a Facebook friend request from Niamh and a funny message about how she thought we looked alike.

“I was intrigued so decided to meet up with her.”
  • DNB1
    Options
    Season 4 is back and Netflix got it...dropping episodes weekly.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched the first ep of season 4. Having never seen any of it previously I was all out of sorts. Somebody explain...
  • King of GA
    Options
    Netflix dropping current episodes?
  • DNB1
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I watched the first ep of season 4. Having never seen any of it previously I was all out of sorts. Somebody explain...

The show is about clones. This episode was about Beth, she had been dead since the show started but we finally got to see her story. She found out she is a clone and was investigating but killed herself in the first episode.

The main story centres around Sarah who is one of many clones and the only one that can reproduce.

Really, you should watch season 1 since they are all on Netflix now.
    King of GA wrote: »
    Netflix dropping current episodes?

Yup.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Boy that agenda aint no joke bruh, first thing you see in s4 is a white guy kissing a black woman

Then a ? stops spending time with his daughter to console and ? some druggie white ?
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I checked on Netflix I didn't see it
  • DNB1
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »

Ahh...I was just looking, it might only be Netflix UK. I think it's airing on one of y'all free to air channels?
  • jono
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    dnyce215 wrote: »

Ahh...I was just looking, it might only be Netflix UK. I think it's airing on one of y'all free to air channels?

BBC America is where I saw it.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Felt like an episode of Lost Girl.

I'm glad they did this episode, a break from all of the international clone conspiracy. More crime story than supernatural.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Sooo the black cop was ? Beth the whole time...he must have knew from day dot when Sarah showed up it wasn't Beth....he kept that quite for a long while.
  • DNB1
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm still in awe at how good this woman is as an actress.

This ? so underrated imo
  • King of GA
    Options
    Real spill.....it's a shame how underrated and unknown this show is...
  • jono
    Options
    I'm getting more into it by the week
  • MoeW
    MoeW Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Options
    5th and final season of Orphan Black premieres June 10th.

https://youtu.be/HFUXSYn7ltw
  • King of GA
    Options
    A shame how slept on this show is...