Bill Laimbeer: LeBron James Would 'Probably' Be Best Player in NBA in 1980s

blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
edited April 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1J8SOqAmnA#t=13
"There was no one like him physically in our time slot," he said, according to Sports Illustrated Now (video below).The former Piston—and member of the team known as the "Bad Boys"—also praised James' toughness, calling him "mentally" and "physically strong."

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Shouts to Bill, he not a bitter hater. But I think Bron would have problems because they was way more physical.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Lol. Shouts to Bill, he not a bitter hater. But I think Bron would have problems because they was way more physical.

LeBron would have adjusted to any era you didn't have 6'8 265 pound ? who could handle the ball like a point guard, rebound as good as a lot of power forwards, and can guard positions 1-4.

With that said I don't know that LeBron would have been the best player of the 80s.

Younger generation folks forget how good Jordan was then you got other probably top 10-15 talents like Magic and Bird and even a young Hakeem Olajuwon.

I think LeBron would have been one of the top 2 or 3 talents I don't know about the best though.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must mean its true then

FOH
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people say stuff like this.His whole life would be different as would he be as a player.Same goes with any generation.Time, circumstances and era all play a part in everyone's lives/career.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bolded is the most overused overrated statement about some of these new cats though. Yes ? nowadays wanna all be frends and cool. But its a product of the new NBA enviroment/political correctness. Back in the day allot more ? flew in the league. But now every time there are scuffles/malice at the palice type ? it gets blown out of porportion. Now any type of bad boys pistons type ? and its called "flagrant".

Lebron is a ? linebacker who can run the floor he would have ajusted to the play of the era. Now would he be the best player back then? Prolly not but nobody knows. But in that era he woulda been more physical no doubt and a top player.

Imagine if lebron punched a teammate like jordan did in his day. Crakkas would be calling him a thug, nike would drop their deal with him and it would be a topic on espn first and drama queen for 7 months straight.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure he'd be the number 1 best, but doesnt really seem like a reach.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crude_ wrote: »

LeBron would have adjusted to any era you didn't have 6'8 265 pound ? who could handle the ball like a point guard, rebound as good as a lot of power forwards, and can guard positions 1-4.

With that said I don't know that LeBron would have been the best player of the 80s.

Younger generation folks forget how good Jordan was then you got other probably top 10-15 talents like Magic and Bird and even a young Hakeem Olajuwon.

I think LeBron would have been one of the top 2 or 3 talents I don't know about the best though.

not the 80s but anthony mason would shut that ? down
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? act like Lebron ain't Karl Malone's size
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people say stuff like this.His whole life would be different as would he be as a player.Same goes with any generation.Time, circumstances and era all play a part in everyone's lives/career.

/thread
This discussion has been closed.