[Rumor] Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed Until 2015

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
There’s a big rumor about Batman: Arkham Knight going around that came directly from DC Comics at this past weekend’s WonderCon in Anaheim. On Friday afternoon DC held one of their “All Access” panels that they normally do. This panel covers mostly comics, such as the big July event they’re planning for Batman’s 75th anniversary, but towards the end of the panel they usually talk about a new game coming out or something.

The bit of news that’s slowly exploding from this panel is that after showing the Blur Studios CG trailer for Batman: Arkham Knight, DC told the audience that the game was no longer a 2014 title and instead was coming out in 2015. This doesn't make much sense due to all the marketing they've been doing and the set October release date, but games can be delayed at any time.

You really don’t see this news on many major gaming sites yet as those outlets only show up for the big arena presentation on Saturday, and then rush home to write about the movie footage the big studios show. As this panel was on Friday afternoon, there weren't many big outlets covering it.

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a surprise.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool I should have my ps4 by then
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's fine. We don't need a Batman game every year.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I rather them work the bugs out for a better game.
    WB basically said ? the customer on Arkham Origins and that they not fixing whatever problems they have now but want you to buy the Cold, Cold Heart DLC with Mr. Freeze though.
    Origins just was rushed and it was a cash grab to hold people over until Arkham Knight
    That's fine. We don't need a Batman game every year.

I agree we don't. I'd like to see Rocksteady make a Flash or a Wonder Woman game.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehh. No worries.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahhh well, I still have to beat AC anyway
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/21604/article/batman-arkham-knight-not-delayed-new-injustice-game-revealed/

We have received word that DC Comics’s staff was misunderstood last WonderCon. No, Batman: Arkham Knight is not getting delayed. On the contrary, we are getting a new Injustice game.

First, let’s clear up the misunderstanding completely. What had happened was the applause following the trailer reveal at the event drowned out part of their announcements. The panelists (again, DC editors Mike Cotton, Shelly Bond, and Jim Chadwick) revealed that Arkham Knight was coming for sure later this year, and then revealed there was a new Injustice along the way as well. It is that game that is not coming for 2014.

We don’t have any more information on the next game aside from this, but based on Netherrealms’ previous track record, it could be guessed they will have it out by April 2015. Netherrealm usually releases games in that month, and two years is a good timeframe for a game like it.

We did find some leads for what the new game could possibly be like. It may have slipped most people’s radar, but the Injustice comic has kept going, and is now at Year Two. For Year Two, the comic series narrates a series of events leading to a showdown between the Green Lantern Corps and the One-Earth Regime. Obviously, they didn’t go for one of the happy endings from the original game for the comic, and the actual game sequel might just be the same. If you don’t mind possible spoilers, you can get more details here.

We apologize for any misunderstanding from our earlier report, but of course, we vette and relay the information as best as we can. We will make sure to keep you up to date with new details on Injustice as they are revealed. Batman Arkham Knight is coming out October 14, to Windows, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

Image is from the Injustice Year Two comic. Art by David Lopez.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow Injustice has proven to be a very successful new IP. Props to Netherrealm.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warner is also looking to accelerate the success it has enjoyed using DC characters in direct-to-DVD animation and videogames, businesses in which it faces little competition from Marvel.

Thanks to the success of the Arkham series, Injustice and The Wolf Among Us it seems like WB is about to go HAM with more games based on DC IP's. I hope an Aquaman or Green Lantern game is in the pipeline.