Your biggest mistakes as a gamer?

Comments

• Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traded MvC2 for a game shark

Wanted to go buy it at Gamestop like a year later because I missed it and couldn't get that game anywhere. ? was like the holy grail.

I remember I told the clerks how I got rid of it and they were literally flabbergasted.
    I think one of them fainted lol
    I ain't know that game was gonna be like Atlantis and ?

I did the same thing. Cant even remember which game I traded it for.

Back in the PS1 days I traded my copy of Tomb Raider II for MK Mythologies: Sub Zero.

Traded it with a dude that rode the same bus home as me. That weak ass wack ass Sub Zero burned my soul for months after.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Sanchez wrote: »
    Parallel wrote: »
    Spending money on steam sales. Get goat games for like $3 but bought so many that there's no way I can actually play them all. They got me.

cs

I did something similar on Vita with PS classics.

I've also done it with books on my Kindle.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choosing the grass starter in my 1st Pokemon game.
    ? Bulbasaur bruh.
    Squirtle >>>>>>>>
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I still had my PS2....................some of my favorite memories were from that system.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Bulbasaur bruh.
    Squirtle >>>>>>>>

When i first played i didnt really know ? about pokemon and picked Squirtle because he was blue. But as i learned Bulbasaur was the best starter pokemon because he ? up Misty and Brock with ease
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Leaving behind a box of 3 consoles and probably a total of 200 games behind after I moved.

Never went back for them and they were tossed out in the trash.

Sega Master System - 150 games

Sega Genesis - 25 games

N64 - 20 games

In the same vein, I always give away my systems and games to less fortunate people when I upgrade. If some of those people know anything about Ebay, they are probably living good right now because I have had more than a few games that go for big time money these days.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    ? Bulbasaur bruh.
    Squirtle >>>>>>>>

When i first played i didnt really know ? about pokemon and picked Squirtle because he was blue. But as i learned Bulbasaur was the best starter pokemon because he ? up Misty and Brock with ease

You must've known something about Pokemon because you picked a blue Pokemon on a game that's displayed in green and black.
  • Turfaholic
    Karl. wrote: »
    ? Bulbasaur bruh.
    Squirtle >>>>>>>>

You must've known something about Pokemon because you picked a blue Pokemon on a game that's displayed in green and black.

Yea.......his counterpart was only on the cover though
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Bulbasaur bruh.
    Squirtle >>>>>>>>

That's true, but the grass starter is always the wackest of the 3 and least useful near the end of the game.
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting Madden every year
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not buying the MSG backwards compatible ps3
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Karl. wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »
    My biggest regret is not keeping my old systems whenever I got a new one. I have all kinds of PS1/PS2 and Genesis games at the crib that I can't play. I have extra sticks and memory cards that I can't even use smh.

If you have SNES/Genesis and earlier you need this..

Pic-2.jpg

I have one. The contacts and build quality is ? . Stop using it because the contacts in the cartridge slots are tight as ? . Seriously think it would ruin my snes carts if used over time.

Buy a wii or a android tv box instead and emulate if you wanna play classic games on your HDTV.

Yeah so uh chalk the retron 5 up as another gaming regret.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Turfaholic
    Destiny.

Wtf was i thinking?

Yea that game has been shelved. After being stuck on level 20 with light armor for a month. Doing the same missions over and over. Collect dust status.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defiance>>>>>>>>>>>>>Destiny
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renting Mercenaries World In Flames. I took that game back within an hour and told them, the game sucks and i want to rent a new one.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Losing all my Duke Nukem games in a move, but Jet Moto 2 managed to find its way to the new house...
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting Madden every year

After so many years, you were just buying updated rosters, especially with newer games. They can only change them so much lol.