Punk Vs Bryan at WM 31?

Options
herbalism101
herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now that a leaked script that was deemed legit showed Punk as injured/misc, the question is when will he return?

Did Punk leverage himself into the main event next year? Could he be taking the Stone Cold route and retire at WM31?

I can see this happening......Punk returns just before RR like Batista or at the RR like Cena, win it, go heel blaming the fans for his hiatus, challenges DB for the belt and puts his career on the line and retires.......

That's if he is really done with active wrestling or just with WWE

Or...............Him and AJ come back as a super-heel couple and ? up ? ...........

Thoughts?

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    If it happens he better come back soon and work his ass if not he'd be label as one of those half timers he talked/disliked so much
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He might as well pull that Chris Jericho schedule. He wants to retire but I'm sure he would also like to make occasional appearances too.

I'm guessing he just about one foot out the door as of now but I wouldn't be surprised of he really hurt.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Bryan will be champion at WM.

So I don't see the point of the match.

Could be that the face of the company (DB) faces the heel of the company (Punk) but I dunno.

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would be an great way to retire.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think its within the realm of possibility
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys really don't get it.

He's not coming back. Certainly not this year. If he ever came back at all expect an HBK level hiatus. Meaning he'll probably be back in 5 years as a wrestler but definitely not any time soon.

His body is wrecked. Completely destroyed. He does not take pain killers or any other prescription drugs. He doesn't even do recreational drugs that could have medicinal advantages like marijuana. He puts up with the pain which is why he heals so much slower than your average wrestler.

His lower back and knees have been burdens for years now and for the first time in almost 20 years he's finally enjoying just living his life. His money is also on point and now that his girl is on hiatus with him I'm positive he has no real reason to look back at all.

VIBE wrote: »
    I don't think Bryan will be champion at WM.

He won't.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I've been saying what I said in my previous post for weeks now because going off Punk's interviews these past couple of years it's pretty obvious why he's not around right now. However to further reiterate here's a week old article I came across where the likes of Nash and Foley restate the same ?
    CM Punk walked away from the WWE, not because he was upset with his workload or billing, but instead because he was devastated by years of injuries and financially shrewd with his money, former wrestling superstar Kevin Nash shared this week.

In an interview with Squared Circle Radio, Nash shared his experiences working with Philip Brooks and tried to quash rumors that Brooks left the WWE out of spite. Nash did say Punk appeared to be growing wary of the organization’s handling of Royal Rumble, but more than anything he was in constant pain from working the wrestling circuit for years.

As Nash noted, CM Punk was an independent wrestler for more than a decade, performing in smaller venues night in and night out before finally breaking into the WWE. Over the course of that time, his body began to break down.

“The thing is, you know, Phil’s not a small guy but he’s not a big guy either. And he’s one of the guys, he takes a lot of punishment on a nightly basis,” Nash said, telling about a time when he saw the wrestler backstage with a heating pad on his back.

“We were in the trainer’s room and we were talking. I just asked him what his condition was. He really hadn’t even had an MRI at that point. I think he’s gotten an MRI since then and I think he’s got some degeneration in his lower back.”

Nash added that a return to the WWE seems unlikely for CM Punk given that the wrestler has been so smart with his money.

“You know, he’s not one of those guys that’s going to have 15 cars. He’s one of those simple guys,” Nash said, adding, “At some point he probably saved $4 or 5 million. Really, if it’s in a Lincoln National Fund with a five-percent return you don’t need much more than that. I’m sure he’s smart, he’s a smart guy. I’m sure he’s looked at it.”

Nash echoes the sentiments from fellow WWE legend ? Foley. As one of the first wrestlers to speak out on the matter, Foley originally encouraged CM Punk to return for Wrestlemania 30 but later changed his tune and said Punk walked away at the right time.

“While I respect everybody’s opinion – as long as it is given in a respectful way, I have to disagree with those out there who find great fault in Punk’s simply walk away,” he wrote on Facebook. “I am kind of like a ghost that drifts in and out of WWE, but in my past three years of drifting, I have never been to a WWE event where Punk was not in considerable pain. Ice packs, heating pads, and visits to the trainer were as much a part of his daily routine as eating. sleeping, and wrestling. Performing at that level, in that degree of pain was only possible when accompanied by the passion that turned an unlikely Indy kid into one of the greatest WWE superstars of his generation.”

Many are still holding out hope for CM Punk to return to the WWE, and have even been gathering clues about a possible comeback. WWE boss Vince McMahon has referred to his absence as a “sabbatical” and Hulk Hogan talked about CM Punk being on vacation somewhere, giving fans hope of a comeback.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 or 5 million? yeah I would take my time coming back to work myself.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I'm hearing Punks match with Lesnar at Summerslam took a lot out of him
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its barely may and u thinkin of wm 31
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't leave something you love...