Lil Wayne Says “F*ck You” To Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Over Racist Comments [Video]

Options
Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V-MKU8_TVQ

Above, Weezy F Baby shares his thoughts on the racist remarks caught on tape from the Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Lil Wayne says that if he was a current Clipper player, he would quit straight away and wouldn’t play for the team again. He also mentions that an apology or a team meeting would not make up for what Donald has said either.

“? you, that simple, that easy!”

Comments

• gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm happy Wayne spoke up. A lot of youth look up to him.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    "? Donald Sterling and anybody that love him" - Wanye voice
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't think its right for wayne to say if he was a clipper player he wouldn't play. thats not his lane to say that only the current clipper players. he doesn't know whats its like to be a pro nba player in this position so he shoulda cut off the tape after ? you.

racist ? like this shouldn't stop the team from attaining their goal to win an nba title. because no matter how much money sterling makes or legal papers that say he owns the team he is not a part of the actual group of people that takes the court everyday.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne is an idiot, so i wouldn't expect him to understand that if the players don't play, even out of protest, the ones that are still under contract to the Clippers organization risk not getting paid or, more likely, getting sued and taken to court by the very same person they are protesting against. And if so, he could even win, costing them money. Not playing in the playoffs also puts other employees of the team (people like janitors, ballboys, training & medical staff, and everyone else who you don't see who makes things happen and get paid a regular wage) at risk of losing their jobs b/c of lost revenue.

Players who are still under contract end up sitting out, and those who are free agents risk potential loss of salary on their next contracts.

Not to mention losing the elusive hope for contending for a championship. If this happened to be the year for the Clippers and they just walk away from it, or if anyone else wins without all rounds being fairly determined, the champions will forever be questioned (regardless of who wins).

Wayne wouldn't understand that, i guess. He doesn't have a stake in any of that

I'll even wager we'll see him in a Clippers hat at some point in the future.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Chris Paul one of tune best friends
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this is comng from the same idiot who disrespected Emmitt Till and his family for the sake of a punch line. Dude should be ignored when it comes to all serious issues.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne was a pure ? for those Emmitt Till comments, but I appreciate him speaking up simply off the strength of his following which is pretty mixed in terms of it's demographic.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Wayne was a pure ? for those Emmitt Till comments, but I appreciate him speaking up simply off the strength of his following which is pretty mixed in terms of it's demographic.

ehh he didn't really say any revolutionary ? in his video it was kinda cliche like what snoop said. david west had one of the goat responses. wayne responding kind of reminds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSVIqcanI6U
  • dwade206
    Options
    This is coming from the same idiot that was featured on a song years ago titled Whip It Like a Slave.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know wayne had his issues in the past but its always good to see someone who has a big platform speak out. at the end of the day we all need to put pressure on the nba to make this dude sell the team. the slave owner mentality can not be tolerated. he acts as if he is doing us a favor by owning the clippers. the black players have made him hundreds of millions and the black fans like black dude clipper darryl have supported his team for years. he never gave anyone anything that didnt work for. the nba has to say this is unacceptable or put all owners at risk of losing our money.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    This is coming from the same idiot that was featured on a song years ago titled Whip It Like a Slave.

Hahaha smh for me not knowin this.weezy dint giva ?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    And ? still find a way to hate
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    And ? still find a way to state facts about lil wayne

cosign why ? actually bringing up valid points? If they hatin they just need some ? ! (minus the part about beating it up like emmit till).

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dwade206
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    And ? still find a way to hate

I call it how I see it. Be a ? man, and stop caping for these dudes. ? is pathetic.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You little groupie ? , you don't need to be making threads on these ? ass ? all the time on anything
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    leave my n*gga b
    uruguayvghana2010fifaworldcupquarternyweogy7lepl1.jpg
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It's cool to see Wayne actually exhibiting some knowledge of self but the Sterling hate has been greenlit. This story has caught too much steam and his racism can no longer be swept under the rug. Patrice O'neal talked about how there are some things the beast allows celebrities to speak on and I think this Sterling thing is one of them. The Sterling hate is trendy now.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne can't win for losing lol . What's crazy is he never loses though.

#YMCMB
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Wayne can't win for losing lol . What's crazy is he never loses though.

#YMCMB

Preach
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    All of a sudden errbody pro black now lmao, just in general. Nothing funnier than seeing Snoop Dogg of all people act like he doesnt perpetuate dumb ? . But then everybody says "he/she gettin money tho". Snoop be pump faking, esp online. Making memes of "soft lightskin ? ", but polish his nails & get his hair done..talk about "being real and distant from fake people and not having alot of friends.." memes..but is known as THE most politically correct-buddy-buddy-takes-no-stances-and-is-cool-with-literally-everybody in real life..so Snoop is just a character and has been for years.

Talks pro black when fitting, celebrate "? lifestyle", walks to award shows with black women on leshes, allegedly sold drugs, celebrates gang lifestyle (celebrate & glorify & have been ofr years at this point lets be honest)..

Donald Sterling is my ? . Spoke his honest opinion. When real ? speak their opinion they get hated on. When you speak about the "black/latino agenda" they shoving down on us nobody.

The ? was just setting him up. She knew how he was. Listen to the convo. She just set him up so she could sell the tape to TMZ and prolly profit of a potential divorce..typical industry ? .
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they're supposed to just stop playing because of that racist idiot? The teams dedication is to the fans and themselves, not that punk ass owner. I also think people are just watering down the word slave for this ? . Is there really a such thing as a million dollar slave? Hell we're in the middle of a should college athletes get paid debate right now and some of the same people who are calling these millionaires slaves are against college athletes getting paid. College kids are more so slaves than the Clippers players. Anyway them players quitting would add to the stereotype of black men quitting at life because "the white man is holding us back". Man people ? me with this wave of temporary black power and ? . If you're on that ? now, be on it all the time.