Hip-Hop Stories In The Industry

Antwuan89
Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in The Reason
What Are Some Of Your Favorite Hip-Hop Stories That You Know In The Hip-Hop Industry.

It Could Be About Anything.

Comments

• Kliimaxx
    Kliimaxx Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    The beef between these two:
    Fat_Joe_VS_50_Cent_Ny_City_Generals-front-large.jpg

I'm sorry but the ? had me rolling
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    game vs 40gloc lol that still has me crackin up
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the greatest battle that never was is one of my fav hip hop stories. rakim vs big daddy kane...o how good that would have been.

so the story goes...rakim was in the studio doing my melody and kane and 3 other cats were watching and waiting. ra took a long time and kane said he could have done 2 albums in that time. ra supposedly ripped up his verse and did a new one taking shots at kane.

kane responded later with rap soloist u dont want none of this

unfortunately we never got a full fledged battle from these two. the greatest battle that never happened
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this just bout beefs.mines is 50 bein dropped by columbia,then goin diamond after eminem picked him up
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the greatest battle that never was is one of my fav hip hop stories. rakim vs big daddy kane...o how good that would have been.

so the story goes...rakim was in the studio doing my melody and kane and 3 other cats were watching and waiting. ra took a long time and kane said he could have done 2 albums in that time. ra supposedly ripped up his verse and did a new one taking shots at kane.

unfortunately we never got a full fledged battle from these two. the greatest battle that never happened

Well, Rakim had four lines going at Kane in "Let The Rhythm Hit Em". Rakim's brother took the tape to Kane and played it for him. When Kane heard it he called up Rakim and they squashed the beef and Rakim went back to the studio and changed those four lines. But somewhere, Rakim's brother has a tape of a song called "Break The Wrath In Half" with 4 lines going at Big Daddy Kane.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

Well, Rakim had four lines going at Kane in "Let The Rhythm Hit Em". Rakim's brother took the tape to Kane and played it for him. When Kane heard it he called up Rakim and they squashed the beef and Rakim went back to the studio and changed those four lines. But somewhere, Rakim's brother has a tape of a song called "Break The Wrath In Half" with 4 lines going at Big Daddy Kane.

i heard about that and i also heard that kane once challenged ra to battle on stage for 50k but ra declined. i dont know if that one is true or just a hip hop urban legend

• Antwuan89
    Is this just bout beefs.mines is 50 bein dropped by columbia,then goin diamond after eminem picked him up

No It Doesn't Have To Be About Beefs.

• Antwuan89
  • Scroter
    Scroter Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    The Ghetto Boys drug gang use to bring Salt and Pepa to the hood in limos
    X Clan used to sell dope in Nap them ? did have pink caddies
    naptown got all kind of hiphop stories
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    The time me and Chauncey stole equipment from the Rocafella studio. I was a intern but he talked me into that ? . When people ask me why I got fired I always say "Bc Chauncey"