Ja Rule vs 50 Cent Beef

Options
Antwuan89
Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in The Reason
What Do You Think About The Ja Rule/50 Cent Beef From Back In The Day?

Comments

• Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    i think its been over

I know but what did you think about the beef?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It ended the career of a ngga that the career ender would then emulate

And it was more than rap. It showed how silly rap fans are: Nggas thought Ja was a punk but he had probly more street nggas behind him than 50, hence 50 gettin a knife put in him.
  • S2J
    Options
    It was also the closest thing to a polical coup you'll ever see in rap. 50 came agressively and eradicated a multimillion selling artist in 1 summer lol Arguably w/ 1 song (Wanksta)
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was ridin wit Ja in that beef .Rap ? were also silly as much of the fans were.Alot of ? started to join in the beef and diss jarule
  • Red_Eyez
    Red_Eyez Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was funny as ? . Never cared for ja or murder inc apart from a few radio tracks.

S2J wrote: »
    Nggas thought Ja was a punk but he had probly more street nggas behind him than 50, hence 50 gettin a knife put in him.

you dont know what your talking about. go to queens or new york and ask about ja rule lol he has no history in the streets, then ask about boo boo who was a boss at 18 and had the entire hood pumping for him. thats why they done the deal with preme so they got protection. its common knowledge. the only murder inc member who was known in the streets was blackchild and he was only a small time guy on the corner working for himself and getting locked up every few months and he stabbed 50 when 50 went for his gun.

• freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worl'Boss wrote: »
    i was ridin wit Ja in that beef .Rap ? were also silly as much of the fans were.Alot of ? started to join in the beef and diss jarule

Rightfully so if they thought he was wack
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was a ja fan be fore 50 during the 50 hot streak and I'm still a fan of ja now ..it showed how finicky fans are cuz now the same ppl who was sick in 50 off during his hot streak and claiming he was the next tupac( yea ppl said it) have now turned on him
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    It ended the career of a ngga that the career ender would then emulate

And it was more than rap. It showed how silly rap fans are: Nggas thought Ja was a punk but he had probly more street nggas behind him than 50, hence 50 gettin a knife put in him.

? 50 ain't even wait til Ja was done before he started emulating him. 2nd single off Get Rich Or Die Trying was "21 Questions" which was nothing but Ja Rule's "Put It On Me" pt 2 lol
  • freethewave
    Options
    This the one thing I never understood about the beef

People be like"yeah 50 went and done the same thing ja done!"

What make records woman enjoy?

So what?
  • S2J
    Options
    Red_Eyez wrote: »
    I thought it was funny as ? . Never cared for ja or murder inc apart from a few radio tracks.

Nggas thought Ja was a punk but he had probly more street nggas behind him than 50, hence 50 gettin a knife put in him.

you dont know what your talking about. go to queens or new york and ask about ja rule lol he has no history in the streets, then ask about boo boo who was a boss at 18 and had the entire hood pumping for him. thats why they done the deal with preme so they got protection. its common knowledge. the only murder inc member who was known in the streets was blackchild and he was only a small time guy on the corner working for himself and getting locked up every few months and he stabbed 50 when 50 went for his gun.

Irv was tight w/ Preme. End of story.

I dont care about what either did when they were 18.

Read carefully. 50 is certified in my eyes. Ja is not no street ngga himself, but Ja had MORE GOONS BEHIND HIM than 50.
  • S2J
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    I was a ja fan be fore 50 during the 50 hot streak and I'm still a fan of ja now ..it showed how finicky fans are cuz now the same ppl who was sick in 50 off during his hot streak and claiming he was the next tupac( yea ppl said it) have now turned on him

That movement was strong bruh. Im not callin you a liar...lol, but 50 literally had his whole album playin in the club. We can admit if we were guilty of bein fickle. I was 21 at the time and stayed in the clubs. We'd be walkin around campus and just randomly hear nggas 'G-g-g-g' lol Many men was that song makin thugs close they eyes and recite all the lyrics Lol Its easy to dismiss now, but i hope none of us are revising history.

If you were still that guy quietly listenin to 'Where wuld i be without youuu' while all this was goin on, you were the minority.
  • blackrain
    edited April 2014
    Options
    When 50 first came out I didn't think he was bad, but 50 dissing Ja Rule didn't stop me from listening to Ja's music. Hell I still think "Loose Change" is better than majority of the disses 50 made about Ja on it's own. Get Rich or Die Trying was a good album but I never really went for the "if 2 rappers are beefing I can only listen to one" logic even when I was in high school. Plus it really did and still does confuse me how so many didn't see 50 really did emulate Ja Rule while dissing him at the same time lol. They were both good but by the time 50 started beefing with folks for petty reasons, like his beef with Lil Kim over "Magic Stick", I remember telling people what was going to happen to 50 that eventually did. He was going to beef with so many people eventually he'd go cold musically and end up working with the folks he beefed with to try and get hot again...which is exactly what he's doing now lol.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    When 50 first came out I didn't think he was bad, but 50 dissing Ja Rule didn't stop me from listening to Ja's music. Hell I still think "Loose Change" is better than majority of the disses 50 made about Ja on it's own. Get Rich or Die Trying was a good album but I never really went for the "if 2 rappers are beefing I can only listen to one" logic even when I was in high school. Plus it really did and still does confuse me how so many didn't see 50 really did emulate Ja Rule while dissing him at the same time lol. They were both good but by the time 50 started beefing with folks for petty reasons, like his beef with Lil Kim over "Magic Stick", I remember telling people what was going to happen to 50 that eventually did. He was going to beef with so many people eventually he'd go cold musically and end up working with the folks he beefed with to try and get hot again...which is exactly what he's doing now lol.

Yeah beefing with everybody never works.

I remember back in 87/88 KRS One dissed Mr Magic and Marley Marl. Just some background first though, There were two radio stations in New York, 107.5 (Mr Magic and Marley Marl) and 98.7 (Chuck Chillout and Red Alert). KRS made people pick sides. He made a song called "I'm Still # 1" where he listed all of the people he was down with and he dissed Mr Magic and Marley Marl on "The Bridge Is Over".

The Bridge Wars went on for a few years but he was really short sighted. I mean if there's only two stations that play rap on the weekends, why would you burn your bridges with one of the two stations? It doesn't make sense.

Eventually it became blatantly obvious that KRS really had no plan or program and he was just making it up as he went along. Prince B from PM Dawn was right. KRS wasn't teaching ? .
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It showed that these hip hop fans ain't loyal....hope drake out there taking notes from what happened to ja cuz all the simping and pop songs in the world can't save yo ass when ? really hits the fan
  • S2J
    edited April 2014
    Options

Revisionist history 101. That sound great in theory but lets be honest.

We know it sounds terrible to admit, its sad, but it was reality: rap beefs made nggas pick sides. Even if it was only subconciously.

Nas n Jay are the GOATS, but if a ngga tell you he objectively listened to both Ether and Takeover, both Nas albums and Jay albums during that beef without leanin in 1 way or the other, they're lying. Straight like that Lol As time goes on and we as fans mature...things change.

Same here. The reason i know nggas are not bein truthful sayin they were listenin to Ja is b/c I have never even met a ngga who was a real deal Ja fan from albums! Lol We all liked the singles and the feel good songs, but i dont know many people who were listenin to him for lyrical content and albums outside of his first few. Thats hw it was so easy for him to vanish and get replaced. He was cookie cutter.

But now 10 yrs later everybody all of a sudden: 'You know what, Ja was that ngga i never left his side'. Bullshyt.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never was a Ja fan. 50 ended dude. Good.
  • freethewave
    Options
    Loyality?what hip hop head was a loyal ja rule fan?.hip hops always encouraged batteling and goin for the top spot.

So if u like a rapper then someone comes along outta nowhere and demolishes them u supposed to be all"ill always stick by ur side.who does this guy think he is".yall aint friends with these ?
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This the one thing I never understood about the beef

People be like"yeah 50 went and done the same thing ja done!"

What make records woman enjoy?

So what?

but that was the ? he dissed ja about u ?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loyality?what hip hop head was a loyal ja rule fan?.hip hops always encouraged batteling and goin for the top spot.

So if u like a rapper then someone comes along outta nowhere and demolishes them u supposed to be all"ill always stick by ur side.who does this guy think he is".yall aint friends with these ?

It's one thing to be able to admit if a rapper got ate up in a battle it's a whole different thing to stop supporting a rapper all together becuz another rapper tells you he ain't cool no more but I am... The same ? who was throwing they M's up one year was running to go cop a 50 cent wife beater the next
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was about 17 or 18 when this ? was going on. I had been a Ja fan since middle school when that venni vetti vecci came out. ? was crazy though just how fast ? changed. Ja was being clowned in my school and every where else . I'm like are y'all listening to the music? Ja still had some bangers in the midst of all that.

I think ? went to another level when that Hail Mary dropped. I think that went harder than Wanksta did. I'm from Lexington Ky, they dropped that ? on the local radio soon as it came out like it we was in NY and Flex premiered it. ? was in rotation.

50 got him a nice lil run off this beef tho. Rozay shut him down tho. Now he don't know when to hang it up.
  • blackrain
    Options

Revisionist history 101. That sound great in theory but lets be honest.

We know it sounds terrible to admit, its sad, but it was reality: rap beefs made nggas pick sides. Even if it was only subconciously.

Nas n Jay are the GOATS, but if a ngga tell you he objectively listened to both Ether and Takeover, both Nas albums and Jay albums during that beef without leanin in 1 way or the other, they're lying. Straight like that Lol As time goes on and we as fans mature...things change.

Same here. The reason i know nggas are not bein truthful sayin they were listenin to Ja is b/c I have never even met a ngga who was a real deal Ja fan from albums! Lol We all liked the singles and the feel good songs, but i dont know many people who were listenin to him for lyrical content and albums outside of his first few. Thats hw it was so easy for him to vanish and get replaced. He was cookie cutter.

But now 10 yrs later everybody all of a sudden: 'You know what, Ja was that ngga i never left his side'. Bullshyt.

Lol at you just knowing it's revisionist history. You psychic now? The ? made some good songs. Just because 50 came along and dissed him doesn't mean some of his songs stopped being good. The R.U.L.E. album was a good album after Blood In My Eye that got ignored largely because of the 50/Ja Rule beef but it's not like Ja went 100% wack. ? still rapped the same and did the same ? he always did. Put out a single he was known for with "Wonderful" and had the actual harder/good tracks on the album like "R.U.L.E. (the title track)" "Where I'm From", "Passion" and a couple others that were good.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody remember that radio station rant that was floating around the internet where he was like "Ya'll wanna see 2Pac!!!! Well ya'll gonna see 2Pac!!!!"

It was around that time that I couldn't take him seriously anymore.