• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 had the streets...

Ja had 106 and park
  • Fairfax
    Fairfax Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Options
    it was a beef Ja should of stayed out of, there was nothing he stood to gain by responding. He made a mistake by going after 50, he should of kept his mouth shut, concentrate on making hits. Ja should of had Irv be his mouthpiece, explain that Ja is focusing on what is in important and that is making good music. Explain that what 50 is doing is strictly for hype and to promote his album, Ja won't play that game and 50 needs to promote his album other ways. By going after 50 Ja fed into the hype.

Hit wise, Ja already peaked by the time 50 came around. From fall 2000 to summer 2002 Ja was at his best and like a lot of artists, you only have so many hits in you. When 50 came at Ja hard, Ja already ran out of songs that had the appeal of always on time and between me and you. People tend to erroneously credit 50 with ending Ja's career but Ja was already on a downslope and on the way to irrelevancy.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fairfax wrote: »
    it was a beef Ja should of stayed out of, there was nothing he stood to gain by responding. He made a mistake by going after 50, he should of kept his mouth shut, concentrate on making hits. Ja should of had Irv be his mouthpiece, explain that Ja is focusing on what is in important and that is making good music. Explain that what 50 is doing is strictly for hype and to promote his album, Ja won't play that game and 50 needs to promote his album other ways. By going after 50 Ja fed into the hype.

That strategy wouldn't have worked. Go to Youtube and d/l "I Smell ? ". 50, Banks and Yayo were going at Ja and Irv. That song, along with others were floating around the internet and mixtapes. He couldn't stick his head in the sand and pretend those songs didn't exist. Especially after Eminem signed 50. "I Smell ? " was on Beg For Mercy, but it came out on the internet before "Wanksta".
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hit wise, Ja already peaked by the time 50 came around. From fall 2000 to summer 2002 Ja was at his best and like a lot of artists, you only have so many hits in you. When 50 came at Ja hard, Ja already ran out of songs that had the appeal of always on time and between me and you. People tend to erroneously credit 50 with ending Ja's career but Ja was already on a downslope and on the way to irrelevancy.

He did.downslope or not your scenario is hypothetical.

Ja is where is now due to 50
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was probably chanting on 50s side back in middle school, but now analyzing the situation fans are awful. Idk if it only was 50 solo, i think the industry itself said "Eff Ja Rule".

it was a beef Ja should of stayed out of, there was nothing he stood to gain by responding. He made a mistake by going after 50, he should of kept his mouth shut, concentrate on making hits. Ja should of had Irv be his mouthpiece, explain that Ja is focusing on what is in important and that is

So did Rick Ross "win"?

• 5 Grand
    Options
    Ross is doing better than Ja Rule right now.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 never took Ja's style man. I think ? just like running with that cause it was said.

Late 90s- Early 2000s 50 always had a singy song flow on mainstream sounding/hit songs, hell his debut album was going to have Destiny's Child on it. Ja, on the other hand, was singing FULL ON R&B songs with Mary J, trying to seriously harmonize with that ? fake deep voice he always using like ? ain't see him get off the bus on Backstage with his real voice.

Every rapper at the time was making songs that ? would love, 50 was on that ? during the Venni Vetti Ja days and ? too. 50 just became decided to release those songs as singles. G-Unit mixtapes even had 50 singing on the hooks or doing the singy songy flow on the hooks of the tracks, it's nothing new.

I never was a Ja fan, and I've always heard he was a ? ? back in Queens, but he had a decent run sales wise with his 2nd and 3rd album. I think when he started to take himself too seriously around the G-Unit beef and was hyping himself as the second coming of Pac was when I lost any respect for him. But, Ja still had a dope diss record with that joint where he referenced Kim and Hailey in the last line.

50 ? himself up though, by letting his mentality from the street get to him in the industry. You can't run the industry like you ran the street. He willing to diss anybody and just let it ride, but that dissing ? turned to a gimmick. That's 50 biggest downfall. ? so used to folks NOT wanting to see him win before he won, that he didn't know how to take it when he finally won and just kept it on some "? everybody" ? .

Ja vs 50 beef was an interesting time in hip hop. I hope we never have no ? like that again though.
  • freethewave
    Options
    I hope we do see it and drakes next
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    50 never took Ja's style man. I think ? just like running with that cause it was said.

Late 90s- Early 2000s 50 always had a singy song flow on mainstream sounding/hit songs, hell his debut album was going to have Destiny's Child on it. Ja, on the other hand, was singing FULL ON R&B songs with Mary J, trying to seriously harmonize with that ? fake deep voice he always using like ? ain't see him get off the bus on Backstage with his real voice.

Every rapper at the time was making songs that ? would love, 50 was on that ? during the Venni Vetti Ja days and ? too. 50 just became decided to release those songs as singles. G-Unit mixtapes even had 50 singing on the hooks or doing the singy songy flow on the hooks of the tracks, it's nothing new.

I never was a Ja fan, and I've always heard he was a ? ? back in Queens, but he had a decent run sales wise with his 2nd and 3rd album. I think when he started to take himself too seriously around the G-Unit beef and was hyping himself as the second coming of Pac was when I lost any respect for him. But, Ja still had a dope diss record with that joint where he referenced Kim and Hailey in the last line.

50 ? himself up though, by letting his mentality from the street get to him in the industry. You can't run the industry like you ran the street. He willing to diss anybody and just let it ride, but that dissing ? turned to a gimmick. That's 50 biggest downfall. ? so used to folks NOT wanting to see him win before he won, that he didn't know how to take it when he finally won and just kept it on some "? everybody" ? .

Ja vs 50 beef was an interesting time in hip hop. I hope we never have no ? like that again though.

Cosign @ the bolded. Ja Rule won that battle
  • freethewave
    Options
    Lol Ja had a dope ass line but it didnt stop the onslaught of of eminem and 50's disses.Id say Shady records won that battle
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ja rule & murder inc was battlin alot of people during that time too . So i give them the battle
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Ja rule was turned into a laughingstock and I mean there's people out there that won't even admit they were fans, how did he win?
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ja admitted he lost wtf. He just said it a cpl of months ago. 5 grand is wack as ?
  • freethewave
    Options
    Worl'Boss wrote: »
    ja rule & murder inc was battlin alot of people during that time too . So i give them the battle

That dont make sense

Ja rule was turned into a laughingstock and I mean there's people out there that won't even admit they were fans, how did he win?

Lol in no sense did ja win that battle
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    The reason Ja Rule won his battle against Eminem is because he said, "Your mothers a crackhead and Kim's a ? /what's Hailey gonna be when she grows up" which was the best battle line out of any diss record I've ever heard including "The Bridge is Over", "Hit Em Up" and "Ether"

In fact, that may be the all time greatest diss.

Anyway, Eminem made the song "Like Toy Soldiers" which basically admitted that that line got to him.

He could try as hard as he wants but Eminem will never have a rebuttal for that line.

• lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 signed to Aftermath, then Ja said sum ? in XXL mag like "If Dre allows him to continue to spew sum ? at me, im taking down his whole company". Not only did Ja ether himself with that comment, im sure he just made more ememies that weren't even thinking bout him.

Dre probably didnt have a problem with him or Murder Inc til he said that (dont forget Dre was on that Irv Gotti song he produced on Jay's volume 3, b4 the beef).

After Ja made that comment, Dre probably gave everybody on Aftermath the greenlight to diss Ja.

• freethewave
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    50 signed to Aftermath, then Ja said sum ? in XXL mag like "If Dre allows him to continue to spew sum ? at me, im taking down his whole company". Not only did Ja ether himself with that comment, im sure he just made more ememies that weren't even thinking bout him.

Dre probably didnt have a problem with him or Murder Inc til he said that (dont forget Dre was on that Irv Gotti song he produced on Jay's volume 3, b4 the beef).

After Ja made that comment, Dre probably gave everybody on Aftermath the greenlight to diss Ja.

Didnt know that.that makes em line in toy soldiers make sense.jas a idiot
  • lethal5
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »

Didnt know that.that makes em line in toy soldiers make sense.jas a idiot

What did Em say specifically in that song?
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The reason Ja Rule won his battle against Eminem is because he said, "Your mothers a crackhead and Kim's a ? /what's Hailey gonna be when she grows up" which was the best battle line out of any diss record I've ever heard including "The Bridge is Over", "Hit Em Up" and "Ether"

Anyway, Eminem made the song "Like Toy Soldiers" which basically admitted that that line got to him.

He could try as hard as he wants but Eminem will never have a rebuttal for that line.

? one line doesnt win you a battle or make the rest of the song not wack

that ? voice wasnt made for battle rappin lol

and so far Hailey hasnt grown into a ? like Nas daughter so the line means even less now :\

• lethal5
    Options

? one line doesnt win you a battle or make the rest of the song not wack

that ? voice wasnt made for battle rappin lol

and so far Hailey hasnt grown into a ? like Nas daughter so the line means even less now :\

LOL, Dam bruh, how u go throw Nas daughter under the bus like that outta the clear blue sky.
  • brownzvill19
    brownzvill19 Members Posts: 32
    Options
    Ja rule took that beef tbh 50 was just brand new which is why people took to him
  • lethal5
    Options
    With all the Pop success he had, I think Ja was feelin himself a lil too much and thats why he entertained 50's challenge.
    As it has been said b4, if Ja had just ignored him, 50 wouldnt of been able to take a chunk out his ass.

...but thats hip hop, its a reflex to respond to a challenge.