Should Dean Malenko been World Champion?

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle
I mean that guy was perfect in the ring

Should Dean Malenko been World Champion? 26 votes

Yes
11%
ocelotgenocidecutterMarkus Garvey 3 votes
No
88%
Dupacdalyricalbandit5th Letterinfamous114jonoBroddiepowerman 5000illestni99ainneDOPEdweebzIdiopathic JokerAlready Home_17Chi-Town BullylookdudeCrude_TRILLip BrooksDarkRaidenJdilla26Young GunnerTrollio Co_Town_Michael 23 votes

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I would have enjoyed seeing him in that main event spot though. He is indeed very awesome as a performer.

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Malenko had no charisma, he could go in the ring but he was flat out boring
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No
    He was one of the people that inspired Nash to coin the term "vanilla midget" and he fit it to a tee. He was bland as ? aside from in ring work especially outside of WCW. At least in WCW he had the legendary feud with Jericho. One good thing about his WWE run though was that he had a GOAT titantron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmcFZfl8BTI

I always used it for my CAWs in Smackdown! 2 especially since so many of them looked like middle aged white soccer coaches anyway.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    boring ass ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Jericho use to stay etherin him in WCW

and na im glad he didnt make it to World title material, Cruiserweights was good enough
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    No
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    He was one of the people that inspired Nash to coin the term "vanilla midget" and he fit it to a tee. He was bland as ? aside from in ring work especially outside of WCW. At least in WCW he had the legendary feud with Jericho. One good thing about his WWE run though was that he had a GOAT titantron.

I always used it for my CAWs in Smackdown! 2 especially since so many of them looked like middle aged white soccer coaches anyway.

Malenkinky?

lmao
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    One of the better in ring workers ever in business but he had weak mic skills, little charisma, and was generally just not an interesting character.

He was cut from the old school similar where all he did was wrestle very well but there wasn't much else to his character.

Television champion (midcard) was his ceiling imo.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Damn this ? is overwhelming lol. I like Dean though, in ECW he would have been world champion eventually. As "The Shooter" he was kind of the precursor to Taz.

• PurelyDef
    PurelyDef Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Reiteration of what everyone else said; Malenko's great in ring/terrible on the mic - but let's be real....It's not like there's never been a world champion that's terrible on the mic. I find John Cena boring as ? and half the wrestler Malenko was, yet he's held the title more times than anyone in WWE history. I could definitely see Malenko having a short, but not particularly impressive reign
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Id take Perry Saturn more seriously as a World Champion b4 Id take Dean Bruce Willis Malenko.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dean malenko had hoes ?

Did he have a lady's man gimmick at one time ?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    RawAce wrote: »

Dean malenko had hoes ?

Did he have a lady's man gimmick at one time ?

I think he had a James Bond type gimmick
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Malenko one best wrestlers on the mat but like alot of ppl said on this thread.... Ppl didnt hate him enough or love him enough to get the title
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Vanilla Midget
  • Markus Garvey
    Markus Garvey Members Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    maxresdefault.jpg

His wrestling ability and the Texas Cloverleaf made up for his bland persona.