"It's more Sterlings that's out here and feel like he feels."

a.mann
a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

The sad part about this, is dude isn't the only one Lol..he just got caught/outted,

whether it's the NBA, NFL, IBM, Burger King, I just don't think he's the only one that feels that way about black ppl...that's why I'm upset that them dudes didn't take a stance on this,..cuz believe me it's more Sterlings that's out here and feel like he feels

With this undeniable,if not exactly "provable", quote in mind

If it was within your power and authority to sanction a NSA type program that could offer irrefutable evidence and proof that many of these high level,multi-millionaire and billionaire executives and owners with damn omnipotent power & influence over the African-American community, were indeed unapologetic racists and bigots behind close doors

Would you utilize this surveillance program to expose them for what they truly are??

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a.mann wrote: »
    The sad part about this, is dude isn't the only one Lol..he just got caught/outted,

whether it's the NBA, NFL, IBM, Burger King, I just don't think he's the only one that feels that way about black ppl...that's why I'm upset that them dudes didn't take a stance on this,..cuz believe me it's more Sterlings that's out here and feel like he feels

If it was within your power and authority to sanction a NSA type program that could offer irrefutable evidence and proof that many of these high level,multi-millionaire and billionaire executives and owners with damn omnipotent power & influence over the African-American community, were indeed unapologetic racists and bigots behind close doors

Would you utilize this surveillance program to expose them for what they truly are??

No.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I wouldn't, but it wouldn't be necessary anyway.

They'll tell on themselves eventually.

? don't like ugly.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expose...them to their funeral pyres.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Then what?

Then ? and moan when we're under surveillance for having unpopular beliefs.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may not b necessary, so nah
  • spkvisuals
    spkvisuals Members Posts: 9
    each and everyone of us including racists and bigots are entitled to our opinion, now if they act on that thought then that's where the lines are crossed. Yes, dude is a racist and history proves this, shouldn't be shocking. I put blame on his "chick/sidepiece/mistress" for recording it. His ? hand wasn't too strong.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why Is This A Big Revelation?...Its Just White People Being White
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bigger question is what's to gain from doing something like this?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if I would or not. But the quote is right. There are more owners like him.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Nah, they already listening to our phone calls tho.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Yeah...

Can't be working the KKK...

Just like I know what and where my money go when I donate it to ppl, I like to know whose for me and whose not...that's with anything in life...
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure NSA and other organizations like them know it's racist operating in corporate positions of power. Being caught is what's bad for business not the ideas. Because it's so crazy for him to say he don't ? with blacks because that how society is, yet not one person in a position similar to his is stepping in and saying he's right. To the point tho. No I wouldn't because it doesn't solve anything.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because if you gave someone that much power who could stop them from eventually secretly using it for other things and target other groups. The fact there would be such an entity, program or weapon capable of monitoring an individual so thoroughly would be a major step toward the police states that are fit for novels about dystopian societies.
    I can tolerate a high amount of paternalism for the greater good (more than most), but that is too much in my opinion.
  • a.mann
    Kat wrote: »

? don't like ugly.

Not exactly true.

Because technically Stealing DID NOT tell on himself.

It was a private conservation that was given to a media outlet and then release to the public.

We are NOW seeing the ramifications of that.

Before it was always,"plausible" that he wasn't racist,just an absolute ? that "may" not like minorities.
  • a.mann
    edited April 2014
    Again the question is if you had the power and authority to sanction a NSA type program that could offer irrefutable evidence and proof,

catch and then out many other suspected high level executives and businessmen in bigoted & racist rant that have absolutely no room for "misinterpretation,

that has power and influence over the Black community would you do it.

Knowing they will catch the same level of deservedly Hell Sterling is catching now

This would be your opportunity to really take a stand
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

The US government has a lengthy history of "spying, wiretapping, recording, etc" in various Black communities to undermine their efforts of achieving progress, so the NSA admission isn't new.
  • Kat

? don't like ugly.

Not exactly true.

It was a private conservation that was given to a media outlet and then release to the public.

Before it was always,"plausible" that he wasn't racist,just an absolute ? that "may" not like minorities.

Regardless of how it was made known at the end of the day, he told on himself.

Just like Paula Deen told on herself.

All that is dark will find it's way to the light eventually.

• a.mann

uh, Kat the premise is you get to catch them telling on themselves
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sterling is an idiot and plenty others share his bigoted views, but at the end of the day it's just an ignorant mindset.

Although many of these people can influence you being hired, and use their pull to have you blackballed and so forth it isn't a situation of life or death.

I'd much rather see the NSA devote their time to terrorist and people who intend to inflict massive damage in this country such as physical harm or death.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm it doesn't make him any less racist if it was recorded or not.
  • Kat

uh, Kat the premise is you get to catch them telling on themselves

I know, and my answer was no.

• The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

? don't like ugly.

Not exactly true.

That adage is idealistic and not entirely true.
    Power can conceal darkness, institutionalization can make it as if it doesn't exist and perpetuating the status quo can zap the act of even pondering about darkness.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to count my spokes now these hoes count my inches
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yah if they had that kind if power they ain't gonna be using it to expose racists. It would be used the most nefarious ways.

Is the OP calling for thought police?