What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Major League LaCrosse Vexed over Jay Z comment - fires jab back

Jay Z appeared to jab at Drake on DJ Khaled's new track "They Don't Love You No More" when he rapped, "Haters wanna ball, let me tighten up my drawstring / Wrong sport boy, you know you soft as a lacrosse team". He seemed to be responding to Drake's immortal diss during a Raptors/Nets game: "Jay Z's somewhere eating a fondue plate."

Drake hasn't responded yet, but someone else did. A spokesperson for Major League Lacrosse, an eight team professional league which "boasts the best 230 lacrosse players in the world," gave a statement to MTV that chastises Hov for assuming lacrosse is a soft sport for soft men.

It reads:
Lacrosse is often called the fastest sport on two feet. Players are on the field dodging and shooting balls at over 100 miles per hour.

With that said we don’t think Jay-Z knows what he’s talking about when he calls Lacrosse 'soft.' I can guarantee you it is anything but a 'soft’ sport.'

Mr. Carter would not last one minute on a lacrosse field during a match and he is more than welcome to come to any of our games and try.

I have to say, it looks like they're right. Hov's not going to take those hits.

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/54985-major-league-lacrosse-blasts-jay-z-for-calling-lacrosse-soft-in-possible-drake-diss/
StewCJbuttuh_b

Replies

• za'kissza'kiss Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Bruh you wont survive with that name on the IC streets

These IC streets don't play.
    2eg413t.gif
    aladdin1978
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAN THAT JAY VERSE WAS SOOOOO DAM WACK!
    iw23gx.jpg
    za'kissDarcSkiesJohn_Blaziniilledout
  • thulsadoomthulsadoom do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,609 Regulator
    edited April 2014
    i bet drake has played lacrosse tho...

it is a stupid comparison too.
    bout like saying rugby players are soft.

it is a contact sport after all...

im gon laugh my ass off if it come out the Jay has a D&D lvl 40 warlock that he has kept alive since he was 11.... or he runs table top games as a dungeon master.
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Young Stef5 Grandnillerthekid
  • za'kissza'kiss Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Lacrosse definitely ain't soft. Them coke-addled rich white kids with sticks are crazy as shit. Jay's lack of homework on this only adds to the overall wackness of his verse.
    2eg413t.gif
    Young StefKingFreeman
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HomerSexual??? Nigga wtf!!???
    FyHunnit7figzilledouttexasdaking88
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, fuck Lacrosse. He said they soft and that's his opinion. They damn sure ain't the hardest niggaz out.

And, not even sure if that lyric is directed at Drake.

So now when niggaz say the word "soft", they gotta be talkin' about this nigga ?
    qawshun
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies TRUST IN ALLAH BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAN THAT JAY VERSE WAS SOOOOO DAM WACK!
    Im a JayZ fan. But yeah...that verse was a throw away.
    http://darcskies.tumblr.com/

LATEST SUBJECTS: ***NEW PHOTOGRAPHY POST****

NEXT SUBJECT: The slow destruction of the gaming industry.

irNe3jt.gif
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay can't say anything.
    Hell rappers can't say anything
    When did everybody become so bitch made over rap lyrics?
    12715221_1544933472501286_6918897634016329581_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9fa1452681ccbeedd4b6da85510815bf&oe=576D10DE
    texasdaking88qawshunoptimistic
  • englishdudeenglishdude Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    za'kiss wrote: »
    Jay's an interesting nigga. He seems to absorb the talent and energy of whoever he's around. If he's on a track with Jay Electronica or Kendrick Lamar, he blacks out. If he's on a DJ Khaled throwaway, he barely shows up to rap.

You don't think that has anything to do with jays respect for said artist he's collaborating with?
  • gman82gman82 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BobOblah wrote: »
    What you mean Jay can't hang on the lacrosse field? He is a master of all sports

BTbDLOJCQAAw8lO.png

LOL. Y'all crazy
  • Micmacmar3of3mMicmacmar3of3m Richmond VaPosts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly i cant listen to the song long enough to get to jay verse.. Soon as i hear montana i jus fuckn lose it.. Autotune is gangster kryptonite...
    270crownstYoung Steflion_heartdwade206
  • Micmacmar3of3mMicmacmar3of3m Richmond VaPosts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not a thug ass nigga in no way shape or form but these niggas r singin autotune bout bricks and bodys and shit.. Singing thugs??? Dont buy it
    270crownstqawshundwade206
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    za'kiss wrote: »
    Jay's an interesting nigga. He seems to absorb the talent and energy of whoever he's around. If he's on a track with Jay Electronica or Kendrick Lamar, he blacks out. If he's on a DJ Khaled throwaway, he barely shows up to rap.

Ive been thinking this for awhile.
    Probably ever since Shiny Suit came out.
    I also think it has to do with radio. Jay goes harder on unreleased tracks opposed to a Drunken Love or that Khaled bs
    12715221_1544933472501286_6918897634016329581_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9fa1452681ccbeedd4b6da85510815bf&oe=576D10DE
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao @ 8 teams

Lauce
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
    shiekyCJ
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll are picky as shit, I really don't see what was wack about the verse I thought it was dope. And no one cares about that sport at all. But after this they might sell a few jerseys or something
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
    texasdaking88
  • thulsadoomthulsadoom do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,609 Regulator
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Jay can't say anything.
    Hell rappers can't say anything
    When did everybody become so bitch made over rap lyrics?

wait..... so we arent suppose to analyze lyrics?

we arent suppose to discuss what doesn't make sense to us?

or is this a mild tantrum based on brand loyalty?

i bet it is.

also... to answer your question.... Tracy Morgan.
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
  • freethewavefreethewave Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lacrosste might not be a soft sport but respondin to a rapper for a throw away line on a throw away song=major feelings caught