Benefits or pay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thats as much info as you're getting.. You want my pap smear results too breh?

See, this is not a good venue to talk about your career and financial needs in serious terms.

I would also add, what do your peers, spouse and co-workers think you should do? Do you have a 'mentor' at your job?

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very important decision. This is definitely the right place to ask. Great start
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHAT DO YOU NEED MORE, MONEY OR BENNYS?

• Darth Sidious
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    If you can afford to go then go. That tuition reimbursement gonna do you good. Now if you're head of the house then no.

That really sounds like the obvious answer on the surface, I am leaning that way, but I think we need a lot more information she is not open to share.

For all we know, her husband could be unemployed and they have a child with serious medical needs. Any additional increase in income would be consumed in added costs.

Does she have more training to do or something that would be delayed if she changed jobs now?

Lets also get down to brass tacks, where does she currently work and where is she considering? We should look at the financials of those two places and history as well and get a LOT more info on the compensation packages being considered.

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Go for pay if you are single with no kids.

Oh, and bonuses are subject to taxes which can be high as ? depending on several factors.
    Back when I worked corporate gigs I once got a 15k sign on bonus........I pocketed like 8k after taxes.
  • Darth Sidious
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    U a nosy ass trollin' muhfuka....tf u pressing her like that when even u contradicted yourself by saying this ain't the place to discuss such sensitive information in a serious manner?

First of all #Feelings,

Secondly I stated if she really wanted to talk about it in a serious manner 'Nobody knows all the details of your life necessary to make that kind of decision' then we were really going to have to dig in to her background so to speak. She was open to sharing this info to a point so put your cape away.

I was actually going to take this info to a friend who is highly qualified to give advice but the kind of information he would need and probably a great deal more is required.

• THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    U a nosy ass trollin' muhfuka....tf u pressing her like that when even u contradicted yourself by saying this ain't the place to discuss such sensitive information in a serious manner?

First of all #Feelings,

Secondly I stated if she really wanted to talk about it in a serious manner 'Nobody knows all the details of your life necessary to make that kind of decision' then we were really going to have to dig in to her background so to speak. She was open to sharing this info to a point so put your cape away.

I was actually going to take this info to a friend who is highly qualified to give advice but the kind of information he would need and probably a great deal more is required.

Quit trolling breh
  • Darth Sidious
    Options

Quit trolling breh

Sorry Thot, I was actually taking your question very seriously while also trying to prove a point about how difficult it is to make an important decision from 30,000 feet in the air.

If you go to a professional advisor, these questions and many more would be asked. Good Luck.

• s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's best to have a good job with good pay than a great paying job in an annoying environment. If the new place pays however less than the current job, why not go to the new job? The benefits will help you with schooling, the money you make there you could budget and make it work then after a year or so, why not ask how to get higher pay.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Relocate....Tennessee nurses make doodoo grits
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have a family go w/ the benefits. If youre single stay in your comfort zone w/ more money.

Im slacking on this, but Ive had full benefits for the last 6 years and haven't seen a primary healthcare Doctor yet. Imma get on that though.
  • Darth Sidious
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Anansi wrote: »

Thank you.

That is why I was asking questions like city\state, years experience, salary, own or rent residence, open to relocate etc.

but she didn't want to complete the rest of her family and financial profile. It seems like as a BSN, she shouldn't have to pick between Benefits or Pay, she could easily have both if she wasn't in a ? market.

She said she had 1 child, was married and was 24 and a BSN. That is a lot to squeeze in 24 years. I wonder if the child is her husbands from a previous marriage? ( we didn't even get into him ) and she cannot leave because of custody constraints?

• THOT PILGRIM
    Options

Thank you.

That is why I was asking questions like city\state, years experience, salary, own or rent residence, open to relocate etc.

but she didn't want to complete the rest of her family and financial profile. It seems like as a BSN, she shouldn't have to pick between Benefits or Pay, she could easily have both if she wasn't in a ? market.

She said she had 1 child, was married and was 24 and a BSN. That is a lot to squeeze in 24 years. I wonder if the child is her husbands from a previous marriage? ( we didn't even get into him ) and she cannot leave because of custody constraints?

You messy af...and late too

My son is 2. My pregnancy pics have been posted. The kid is ours & was born in wedlock. Its a damn shame that a black woman can't have an education & a solid family unit without you ? thinking my husband is someone's baby daddy

Quit being so ? messy gossip girl...its clear you don't give a ? about the premise of the thread, messy ass ?
  • THOT PILGRIM
    Options

Staying for family, my son has grandparents & cousins here. The pay is trash thoug
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if i had free daycare as a benefit....idgaf about pay
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take the job with the tuition reimbursement. One less bill to pay
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have an offer from the they hospital, speak with your job and see if they can better match the offer.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn near all of your threads are job related
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude wacked up the thread quick.

But go with the benefits, with you having a family and a short term plan it will pan out better in the long run.

40k? GAAAAAAAWWD
    DAAAAYUUUUUMMMM!

Best of luck.