I cant stop but notice

Options
manikongo
manikongo Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
Evening all. Not sure where to start but each morning on my way to work I cant stop but notice how our neighborhoods are slowly dying. Second just last saturday I was looking for an AA owned cleaner...no luck. Same story in our neighborhoods: hardly AA businesses but Chinese,Indian etc...My question is why???? Is it due to lack of interest? Difficulties to access credit or you believe there is a systematic policy to restrict business loans to AA?

Comments

• THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Institutional racism
    2. Generational miseducation about credit, education, and business investment
    3. A devastating fixation on materialism in the AA community

There's others, but those are the three that stand out to me

If you wanna fix it, be the change you wanna see and instill better values in your youngins
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How this ? make a thread?
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ? got one post and making more threads than me
  • manikongo
    Options
    These are good points. I am from Congo by the way and been involved with the youth since i came here 10 years ago. I think that the first point is probably the most critical followed by financial mis-education and misinformation. Plus, the materialistic inclination is being accentuated by the media. Same story going on back Home....
    Assuming that out of the entire AA community only 40% has good credit by loans standards and assuming that out of tha 40% only 30% is interested in business, we would definitely see more AA businesses.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    manikongo wrote: »
    I am from Congo by the way and been involved with the youth since i came here 10 years ago...

dave-chappelle-wtf-o.gif

WTF ?

We don't get down like that over here fam.

• Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? a white dude in North datkota living in a dodge caravan, phishing for stormfront
  • manikongo
    Options
    Cricket......on repond les imbeciles par le silence...
  • Chitlin_Carajo
    Chitlin_Carajo Members Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    Options
    We all just post, nothing more and nothing less.
  • manikongo
    Options
    No Man am in MD.
  • 7figz
    Options
    No Man am in MD.

And I am in debt MF. I ain't got time for no more damn loans.
  • 7figz
    Options
    Cricket......on repond les imbeciles par le silence...

WTF you just say about my momma bruh ?
  • 7figz
    Options
    Let me stop ? ' around. This is an obviously an important topic.

I never tried to get a business loan and don't think I know anybody who did try.
  • manikongo
    Options
    Why? One example, in Baltimore there are not more than 4 AA owned cleaners and as you know, look is very important for many of us......there are few or no AA owned grocery store at all...
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i def never been to a black owned grocery store in baltimore. might find more aa businesses in pg county
  • 7figz
    Options
    How much money do cleaners make ?
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only Black owned places I've seen were like soul food restaurants. Maybe they're prices were high that people didn't buy? I know it's plenty of black owned barbershops and small stores but they probably aren't franchised.
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically somewhere along the Black Community "spending money" became secondary to "ownership".
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    Minus well

LOL..
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Minus well

Lol!

@ had me lol'ing and smh at the same damn time when I saw that. Education had failed that hefa.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Want to buy property to put a business on? Need a business loan? Need a license and permits to operate? Shine off those shoes, take the bass out your voice, remember to always smile. I mean, it ain't like black people are the ones with that power. At least not where I'm at.

We've had a few black businesses spring up over the years in my neighborhood. Out of the 20, I'd say 6 lasted more than a year and are still operating. Had a couple of brothers that owned the local franchises (Mcdonalds, Burgerking, Dominioe, etcs), but I don't know if they still do.

But I have to say... even though racism is a factor... some of these ? just don't know how to run a business. Horrible customer services, orders be late and ? up, ratchet as ? , and Shaneequa tying up the phones talking bout some other ? to another ? . I gotta be honest here. Outta the 20 I mentioned a few failed cause of internal ? . And it's ? I only see when ? are running things.

I've rarely, RARELY, been to a white business and had the kinds of problems I have at ratchet black businesses. And they'll have the problems frequently. Man, it's sad to see the owner in their trying to do right and his employee's ( a lot of times family and friends) ain't worth a ? . One thing bout these white folks, these chinks, and these arabs, they might hate my skin color, but they'll flip backwards to keep getting my money. Well, not flip backwards... but you get what I'm saying.

Another problem I see is black folks that do have successful businesses selling that ? to white folks. You'd think these business minded blacks would realize that if this white guy is offering a couple hundred thousand, he knows he can make a million off it. But nooo, they want to take the quarter mill, do who knows what with it, and end up taking orders from me as they hold a fire extinguisher and blow horn being a firewatch. Meanwhile, Haaji done put 3 generations of his family through college off ? and poor decisions.

And of course, ? ain't supporting each other. If the homie says 19.99, ? might slide up in that piece and try to get a discount. Knowing damn well, if dude wasn't there with his own business, they would have went to Wal-Mart and paid 32.78 for the same damn thing. And the practice of circulating money in our neighborhoods isn't even taught like it should be.

I'm just saying.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Minus well

Dear Lord
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AA is african american

Check
  • manikongo
    Options
    Lot of truth in the above posts. Guess what, the fact that we dont support each other is the reason why we are not respected even in our own turfs. Haji will pack if we stop buying...
    My first boss/teacher was a korean owning a minority MEP firm in the Baltimore area. Man i tell you, at every single Office occasion be it simple Training or Office party, this guy would order from other korean owned businesses only...subway, pizza etc...
    when i was in school, i owned a small good delivery business. My first contract was with an AA/JAMAICAN guy who is Now my friend and who told me one thing that i will never forget: giving you the contract cause you my brother not being racist but want money to stay in the community...and do the same when you get that chance...