who would be the best new owner for the Clippers?

Options
Trillfate
Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in From the Cheap Seats

who would be the best new owner for the Clippers? 43 votes

Diddy
6%
CapitalBBilly_PonchoTrillfate 3 votes
Rick Ross
0%
Oscar De La Hoya
2%
Parallel 1 vote
Magic Johnson
55%
lordhonka2dwade206S2Jthe ghostnex ginIp mangman82spit_fiyaillestni99ainneGlockLesnar Mr.LVL.O.S.T.its....JOHN BA$AP_A$TONSour-CreamLou Cyphernj2089OGClarenceBoddickerMARIO_DROtwatgetta 24 votes
Oprah
6%
wilberdmillzPurrBDBIID 3 votes
Mayweather
2%
The Iconoclast 1 vote
other celeb (name names)
6%
DupacilledoutT. Sanford 3 votes
non-celeb
13%
OhMarshueyOmegaConflictAristo_V300Rubato GarciaTalaNight 6 votes
somebody white (? vote)
4%
Bussy_Getta In Your Moms Room 2 votes

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    other celeb (name names)
    Dr Dre or Snoop
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Options
    Diddy
    gotta keep it hip hop... word to the Nets
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever can afford the price
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oprah or Magic
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diddy, Ross and Floyd are tying to pool their money with a few other investors and buy the team. I'd say that it really doesn't matter, since I don't think any of the people listed would the MAJORITY owner. That's what really counts. Of the people listed though, I'd say Diddy and 'em.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oprah
    Oprah.

She then could air the games or her channel to help ratings
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Options
    Diddy
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Diddy, Ross and Floyd are tying to pool their money with a few other investors and buy the team. I'd say that it really doesn't matter, since I don't think any of the people listed would the MAJORITY owner. That's what really counts. Of the people listed though, I'd say Diddy and 'em.
    i think its understood that these will be figureheads and not majority owners

Jay only owns like 1% of the nets but is/was the face of the team
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oprah or Magic

First two Blacks that came to mind whose guap and business savvy is long enough to do something like this.

• mryounggun
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

He owned 1/15 of 1%, which is hilarious. Lol. But he sold that ? .

Anyway, I know what you mean. But the reason he was there face of the team is because they were tying to rebrand the team and make them 'hip' in order to get an arena built, etc. They let him exploit his influence.

With the clippers, that sort of thing isn't needed. I doubt a majority owner would be able to be as much the face of there Clips were as Jay was with the Nets. Who knows. All things being equal, I'd still say the Diddy collective.
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Oprah or Magic

First two Blacks that came to mind whose guap and business savvy is long enough to do something like this.

For some reason it seems that people still don't respect Diddy's business acumen enough. Which is strange, since he is probably a far better business man than Magic. Got hist start later in life, started with less, has a higher net worth with fewer failed ventures.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Magic Johnson

Uh, thats pretty sad that you aimin low. i wasnt thinkin of 'figureheads'. Im talkin straight ownership.

The bidding war is gon be a billy, so of that list only Magic and Oprah and MAYBE Diddy are in the running.

You need another type of money to buy a team as a majority owner. Floyd still fightin, thats new money relatively speakin.

Ross aitn even in the equation.

Diddy, maybe.

You need enterprise money. Stock ownership. Oprah has it. Magic w/ his types of investments probly has it.

Quite as kept, Dre w/ Beats is probably closer than diddy
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    non-celeb
    None of these people besides magic know anything about owning a team. None celebrity is the wise and most likely choice
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magic Johnson
    Magic is the logical choice.
  • zerocool
    Options
    The owners have to appove any new owner......they will go for Magic b4 diddy
  • zerocool
    Options
    magic-caught-creepin.jpg?w=635&h=952

Let a bruh get it who knows the game

Who that? That ain't cookie
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magic Johnson
    S2J wrote: »

Uh, thats pretty sad that you aimin low. i wasnt thinkin of 'figureheads'. Im talkin straight ownership.

The bidding war is gon be a billy, so of that list only Magic and Oprah and MAYBE Diddy are in the running.

You need another type of money to buy a team as a majority owner. Floyd still fightin, thats new money relatively speakin.

Ross aitn even in the equation.

Diddy, maybe.

You need enterprise money. Stock ownership. Oprah has it. Magic w/ his types of investments probly has it.

Quite as kept, Dre w/ Beats is probably closer than diddy

Once Dre with Beats by Dre hits the stock market he will be a billionaire
  • mryounggun
    Options
    None of the people mentioned have the money to logically purchase the team outright. MAYBE Oprah. But that'd be a terrible financial move on her part.

Also, I don't think Magic would be as good a choice as everyone thinks. He used to be a part owner of the Lakers and is VERY engrained in that franchise still. That alone gives me cause for pause.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah not magic if he did the lakers/clips hate might get too real