Is Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel standing up for natural black hair?

Options
A Talented One
A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
Regulations currently ban cornrows larger than a quarter of an inch in diameter and all forms of dreadlocks and twists. This led one woman to start a White House Petition against them. Its author Sergeant Jasmine Jacobs says that it leaves women with natural, curly, or kinky hair at a loss. “I talked to my first sergeant, and he said we would [face non-judicial punishment] if we’re out of reg,” she told the Army Times. “So I either get a wig or be NJPed, all because of the way my hair grows naturally.” A complaint was also lodged by the Congressional Black Caucus.

So yesterday it was revealed that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered a militarywide review of hair rules and regulations.

Styles like this are banned:

a_3x-horizontal.jpg

http://nymag.com/thecut/2014/04/hagel-orders-military-wide-review-of-hair-rules.html

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd love to hear the logical reasoning behind this.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hagel wants cornrows soooooo bad.

Props.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Military is about being standardized

No logic @ all
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Military is about being standardized

No logic @ all

Then ban ALL hairstyles and say 'You must shave your head down to an inch and a half or can have a ponytail no longer than 7 inches' or whatever.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes it is about being standardized but it is also about having that cover fit your head without getting a size 10 to go over your braids.

In the end I believe these regulations are unfair and need to be reviewed.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cannon fodder keeps on losing.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Yes it is about being standardized but it is also about having that cover fit your head without getting a size 10 to go over your braids.

I don't eem know what this means, my ? .
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

I don't eem know what this means, my ? .

Cover = hat/cap/beret
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    army stay coming up with ? regs to put in them AR's and most senior enlisted and officers don't follow them ? , ? used to ? me off seeing csm walking and talking on the phone, with hand in pocket while in uniform
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black women have had it bad in the military.

? male e-7's acting stupid over hair.
    telling them they should just straighten it.

you know there was a time where they were trying to Art-15 black females that shaved their heads?

this was back when eve was still hot and every chick wanted to look like her.

oh that ? them white boys the ? off...

they can't win.
    they tried to stay within regs and still got ? over by white christian values which at the time superseded any regulation.

Thats why i had to get out man. I knocked out a ? e-6 and got AR-15. They kept ? with me so I pulled a family care plan on they ass and got out before i end up getting put out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    Options

you know there was a time where they were trying to Art-15 black females that shaved their heads?

they can't win.
    they tried to stay within regs and still got ? over by white christian values which at the time superseded any regulation.

Thats why i had to get out man. I knocked out a ? e-6 and got AR-15. They kept ? with me so I pulled a family care plan on they ass and got out before i end up getting put out.

i beat the company XO's ass behind closed doors and had everyone in the staff room thinking he was whooping my ass... cause i everytime i stuck that ? i screamed like he was beating my ass.

see thats how i shouldve done it. All the other sgt. were telling me i went about it the wrong way. But they were trying to kick me out but my black brothers came to my aide. So i did tht 45/45 with ease bruh.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    Options

they can't win.

i beat the company XO's ass behind closed doors and had everyone in the staff room thinking he was whooping my ass... cause i everytime i stuck that ? i screamed like he was beating my ass.

see thats how i shouldve done it. All the other sgt. were telling me i went about it the wrong way. But they were trying to kick me out but my black brothers came to my aide. So i did tht 45/45 with ease bruh.

man im still shocked i made it out without catching even a company grade.

but yeah... there are solutions to just about everything in the military, most revolving around fisticuffs.
    i feel that is what it takes to bring those so far removed back down to reality.

my wife had an E-8 (special forces ranger) that wouldn't send her to schools cause he thought she was just trying to stay pregnant and avoid deployments. told her some foul ? . Her E-6 actually told me about the ? dude was saying. i showed up at his office, and the entire shop knew what time it was, i chased that man all around his daggum office with a statue of an eagle with a flag around it. talmbout "lemme just talk to you for a minute"

LMAO, yea i had to do the same thing. Damn i surprised they didnt call the MP's on you. She mustve been in a crazy unit to let that ? ride. Gotta protect your loved ones tho. Props my ? . WHere were yall stationed?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    Options
    Knox
    Campbell
    And Bliss.

Most the rickety went down at Campbell. No way id try that ? at bliss, they all primadonnas.

Yea I heard about campbell man. They say those white boys think they king there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knox
    Campbell
    And Bliss.

Most the rickety went down at Campbell. No way id try that ? at bliss, they all primadonnas.

Ive never heard a good story about Campbell. My dad retired from there. Said the brass ? on the rank and file so often down there, he could understand why Campbell had such a high suicide/domestic dispute rate.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knox
    Campbell
    And Bliss.

Ive never heard a good story about Campbell. My dad retired from there. Said the brass ? on the rank and file so often down there, he could understand why Campbell had such a high suicide/domestic dispute rate.

campbell is the home of fuckery, they try to be to hooah living up to reputations from WWI and WWII, but ? it I'm air assault for life