The Undertakers streak vs Goldberg's streak: Whose was better & more shocking when it ended?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
Whose streak was better?

Undertakers WM 21-0 streak

or

Goldbergs 173-0 win streak

Whose was more shocking when it was finally conquered?

Brock def Taker

Nash def Goldberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu1VBP4kVGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUwAesfOz0Y

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldberg's streak was better...

yea i said it.......

undertaker's ended better though
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What? Undertaker.

Goldberg beat Mullet Man about 153 of those 173 times.

I understand it's scripted, but come on. I didn't even flinch when Goldberg lost. I heard the Undertaker lost and literally had to go watch the match to see if y'all weren't bullshitting. I sat there like, "Yooooo...."
  • Dupac
    Options
    yea, but undertaker's character was more than his streak, he had story lines for days....his dopest ? wasn't even his streak.....his hell in the cell ? >>>>>>

but goldberg WAS his streak.. once goldberg lost....his prestige wasn't even the same
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Goldbers streak was legit too (e entho b4 his first winhe technicallylostat a house show). Butyou could find footage of all his wins. I remberedwhen he beat Hugh Morris and Meng like nothing in 97, and I was like this Stone Cold lookingmotherfucker gonna be the ? .

It was just better imo even if you didnt like him for whatever reason.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nash would end the streak

scust
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    funny this topic came up because i watched the nash vs goldberg match last night (purchased nwo : the revolution blu ray)

That Goldberg streak was epic though.it wasn't necessarily about who he was beating,but how they went about doing it.

to just have this guy come to the ring,run through someone in a matter of minutes and then just leave rarely giving an interview or even saying anything at all, look at the time it took from when he was green to when he became a genuine superstar......they booked that arc flawlessly.

i agree the end of the Undertaker's was more shocking,more so because it was clean.
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryback had a streak going lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    both were ended by HORRIBLE choices, takers was more shocking tho
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's no competition one is built up over 20 years, the other lasted about 2 years.

There was no good way to end either one, I respectfully ? on both Nash & Lesnar but ultimately it's not really their fault....well it is Nash fault since he was booking himself.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Streak vs streak, Goldberg has it.

I probably didn't even see half of who he faced but from what I did, dude was beast and the way he was able to do it was crazy as ? . Granted, it's scripted but it was done well.

Undertakers streak at Mania was something I never truly cared for. I never thought it was awesome or anything. I just waited for it to get stopped.

As for shock vs shock, Undertaker. Simply because we never thought he would lose at Mania. Goldbergs defeat could've been huge but they didn't do it very well at all. It was so lackluster.

Both matches in where their streaks were defeated sucked though. You would fogure, ending a streak should've been done in epic fashion but both failed to deliver that.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    both were ended by HORRIBLE choices, takers was more shocking tho
    Who told u to post???

u claim 2 teams, u beneath me
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goldbergs was more dominant in the fact that he was undefeated PERIOD. Again it is scripted...but to not loose for damn near two years...in the "modern era" of the business >>>

While impressive, I totally agree with @vibe about Takers streak...It was more about the story and character behind the streak. His streak did yield some classic matches tho.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goldberg the GOAT
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Goldberg's streak come against a lot of jobbers, while Taker's came against a lot of main eventers??

Granted it was a longer streak, but beating Norman Smiley and Disco Inferno on a weekly basis isn't as great as beating some of the bigger names.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    yes,because Giant Gonzalez,King Kong Bundy and Mark Henry were all premium opposition weren't they?
  • Dupac
    Options
    bruh watching goldberg squash jobbers was the highlight of every nitro
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    funny this topic came up because i watched the nash vs goldberg match last night (purchased nwo : the revolution blu ray)

That Goldberg streak was epic though.it wasn't necessarily about who he was beating,but how they went about doing it.

to just have this guy come to the ring,run through someone in a matter of minutes and then just leave rarely giving an interview or even saying anything at all, look at the time it took from when he was green to when he became a genuine superstar......they booked that arc flawlessly.

i agree the end of the Undertaker's was more shocking,more so because it was clean.

Is that available on the wwe network?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes,because Giant Gonzalez,King Kong Bundy and Mark Henry were all premium opposition weren't they?

King Kong Bundy main evented Wrestlemania 2 and Mark Henry is a world champion.

Goldberg streak is full of squash matches against nobodies that weren't even worth beating. Then he finally starting wrestling people that matter and the matches weren't even any better. Then he won the title, the title run was boring as ? and only thing memorable about it was him losing.

In fact that's the only memorable thing about Goldberg streak period is when he lost. How many of those almost 200 matches are must see classics against highly rated or main event opponents?

As far as im concerned that ? is the white Tatanka (who also went undefeated for two years) except he won a world title.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ill say golberg only because wcw came on at 8.. i never got to watch wwf as a young kid with a 9pm bedtime smh
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i cant remember a single goldberg streak match that stood out for how good of a match it was, it was cool to watch as a kid, but the combo of the streak ending and me understanding more made me see, goldberg was just ehh
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taker wasn't beating up scrubs during his streak
  • lazypakman
    Options
    jono wrote: »

King Kong Bundy main evented Wrestlemania 2 and Mark Henry is a world champion.

Goldberg streak is full of squash matches against nobodies that weren't even worth beating. Then he finally starting wrestling people that matter and the matches weren't even any better. Then he won the title, the title run was boring as ? and only thing memorable about it was him losing.

In fact that's the only memorable thing about Goldberg streak period is when he lost. How many of those almost 200 matches are must see classics against highly rated or main event opponents?

As far as im concerned that ? is the white Tatanka (who also went undefeated for two years) except he won a world title.

i'm not disputing the quality of the matches, it's hard to when really the guy was a 3 move wonder whose matches barely lasted a few minutes...plus it's a known fact that they padded out the streak out on occasions so the number your getting isn't the accurate one (you'd tune into nitro one week and it'd have gone up by like 3 or 4 not inc. house shows) but the streak is what made him a star,even if he was beating nobodies (which he was) you can't deny the effectiveness of the way it was done.Even Vince had to resort to taking the ? with gillberg becasue he was that in spite of him.

off the top of my head I can't remember any classic Goldberg matches during the streak (a lot of very good ones though) the best match I saw was after it against Steiner.

I stopped watching fulltime in around '02,even then the wwe never even mentioned the streak and I'd bet you most general fans probably wasn't even aware of it...I'm not sure when it became an angle but it certainly wasn't when I was watching.he did have the better matches though.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taker. The fans reaction to it ending was PRICELESS!

Goldberg's streak was impressive tho.