The Undertakers streak vs Goldberg's streak: Whose was better & more shocking when it ended?

2»

Comments

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant compare. The Undertaker kept his streak going by winning one guaranteed match a year.

Goldberg was undefeated for 15 months. To do that from the late 90's to present is legendary. Imagine what his streak would've been if he was working the WWF 300 days a year schedule.

The only thing that ? me off is how he would have high profile matches on Nitro and half the time, wouldn't even defend his title at PPVs (ie Road Wold, Fall Brawl, World War 3). I guess that's just how WCW did things back in the day with those contracts.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    undertaker streak was more entertaining....Goldberg could wrestle no doubt...but he beat raven and glacier like 14 times each....

taker had better matches/opponents and was a more shocking ending....when Goldberg streak ended I laughed and it was anti climatic
  • rhymentekniq2.0
    rhymentekniq2.0 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Goldberg's streak was like a young Mike Tyson in that it it was like you was watching a legend being birthed in real time with every match and that they both were ended in shocking left-field ways

Takers streak up until the last 3 years was kind of like a given. You expected the streak to continue just because of his standing & legacy in the business. The only real shock about his streak ending was that he and WWE broke tradition when the fans wanted it to remain intact because it tie up his career in a nice proverbial bow.

so I gotta say Goldberg's was more impactful, especially since it was a linear streak built up on a week by week basis instead of taker's intermittent year to year streak. The crowd reaction seemed like mostly plants in the audience rather than genuine distraught onlookers
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a site that lists Goldberg's streak. I doubt it's all the matches but it looks pretty official
    03QJ0Yh.jpg
    pcKUKxZ.jpg
    h8IF2NH.jpg
    BxOq68C.jpg
    PD39wFi.jpg
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for kicks I looked up Samoa Joe's 18-month winning streak too.
    583KfCC.jpg
    azhDjnu.jpg
    GLcDBtk.jpg
    d3o6Y6P.jpg

His record is marred by losing matches without being pinned or made to submit though. Still interesting.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takers was more shocking to see end.

Goldberg steak was better tho.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Takers joint was once a yr.

Taker's best match>>Goldberg's
    Goldberg's worst match (just because of the spear)>>Taker's
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ether is that Goldberg basically lost his streak to the finger point of doom

Now I know Kevin Nash really beat him but weeks later, who beat Nash?......................Hogan with a finger point of doom

So basically they sabotage the streak for a finger point