Boko Harem terror group kidnaps MORE Nigerian girls, leader says Islam allows him to sell the girls

kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/06/world/africa/nigeria-abducted-girls/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

CNN) -- More girls have been kidnapped in Nigeria, village residents told CNN, saying that armed men in vehicles abducted eight from Warabe village, which is in the northeast of the country. The Reuters news agency is reporting the kidnappings, citing an unnamed police source and a Warabe resident.

Residents said the gunmen moved from door to door late Sunday and took the girls, who are between 12 and 15 years old.

The latest abductions come amid international outcry over the April 14 kidnapping of hundreds of girls by the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.

A man claiming to be the group's leader, Abubakar Shekau, appeared Monday in a video announcing he would sell his victims. The video was first obtained by Agence-France Presse.

"I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah," he said, according to a CNN translation from the local Hausa language. "There is a market for selling humans. Allah says I should sell. He commands me to sell. I will sell women. I sell women."

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kingblaze84
    WTF is going on in Nigeria? To the few Muslims that post here, is it really true that Islam accepts the selling or trading of slaves? Cuz if so, this is just more ammunition for me to diss and hate on religion more then I already do.

More importantly then that, why is the govt of Nigeria not doing more to go after the girls?
  • kingblaze84
    zombie wrote: »
    It's islam

I think you're right. I hope to get some Muslims in this thread, cuz if there are any passages in Islam that support slavery like this Boko Harem ? is saying, then the world has a big problem on its hands. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, last thing we need is more nuts acting up like these Boko Harem ?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kingblaze84 what do you think of Obama offering support of the FBI?
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    @FuriousOne‌

I support it because Nigeria doesn't seem able to do anything about this problem right now. I have no problem even with a limited amount of American troops looking for the ? who are trying to sell these girls into slavery....just hope nothing escalates further but with all the problems with Islamists in northern Nigeria, I doubt it. Either way, priority should be rescuing the girls, but without paying ransoms in my opinion
  • Jabu_Rule
    @FuriousOne‌

I support it because Nigeria doesn't seem able to do anything about this problem right now. I have no problem even with a limited amount of American troops looking for the ? who are trying to sell these girls into slavery

So what if they have to bomb a fool?

• kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    @FuriousOne‌

I support it because Nigeria doesn't seem able to do anything about this problem right now. I have no problem even with a limited amount of American troops looking for the ? who are trying to sell these girls into slavery

So what if they have to bomb a fool?

America or Nigeria? In BOTH cases I support it, only if Nigeria wants us to do so though....? knows what they've done with those girls, they gotta be taught a lesson
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF is going on in Nigeria? To the few Muslims that post here, is it really true that Islam accepts the selling or trading of slaves? Cuz if so, this is just more ammunition for me to diss and hate on religion more then I already do.

More importantly then that, why is the govt of Nigeria not doing more to go after the girls?

not a muslim but slavery is legal in islam as well as in Christianity

both religions state that you can enslave people of other religions

at the same time i have many muslim friends who have shown/told me what true Islam should be like and its sad that people are misusing it to further their own personal/political goals

I still believe Europe is financing all these groups to keep Nigeria unstable (now the biggest economy in Africa with substantial oil reserves and population)
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like for more Fake US BS to me. They got Black people out in the streets holding signs meanwhile in Chicago, obama's home turf, people are dying on a daily basis while he does squat. What will the US offer Nigeria other than maybe satellite imaging? Nigeria is an oil rich country with a strong Air Force.

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air arm of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the largest in Africa, consisting of about 10,000 personnel[3] and aircraft including 15 Chinese Chengdu F-7s, and 24 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, armed helicopters, and military transport aircraft. Previous combat aircraft, including 32 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21s, Sepecat Jaguars, and Russian made bombers have been withdrawn from use.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's islam

I think you're right. I hope to get some Muslims in this thread, cuz if there are any passages in Islam

Wait.... So y'all accusing Islam... But don't even know if this is really supported by Islam...?
  • kingblaze84

at the same time i have many muslim friends who have shown/told me what true Islam should be like and its sad that people are misusing it to further their own personal/political goals

I still believe Europe is financing all these groups to keep Nigeria unstable (now the biggest economy in Africa with substantial oil reserves and population)

UGGHHH DAMN. I was afraid I was gonna hear that, my suspicions were correct about Islam. Even if people are misusing Islam to spread terror and an agenda, ? like this being written in a "holy book" is a HUGE problem. That's all the justification Islamists need in Nigeria, just like the Christians used in America and Europe to enslave and massacre all diff groups of people.

Regarding Europeans and the funding of terror groups, I wouldn't be shocked at that to be honest. I know the ugly history of Europeans in Africa. What disappoints me more then that though is how ANYONE in Nigeria could think kidnapping girls and selling them into slavery is a righteous cause. I don't care what anyone is fighting for and how just a cause is, selling innocent girls into slavery and marriage is beyond ? up.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Sounds like for more Fake US BS to me. They got Black people out in the streets holding signs meanwhile in Chicago, obama's home turf, people are dying on a daily basis while he does squat. What will the US offer Nigeria other than maybe satellite imaging? Nigeria is an oil rich country with a strong Air Force.

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air arm of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the largest in Africa, consisting of about 10,000 personnel[3] and aircraft including 15 Chinese Chengdu F-7s, and 24 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, armed helicopters, and military transport aircraft. Previous combat aircraft, including 32 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21s, Sepecat Jaguars, and Russian made bombers have been withdrawn from use.

You don't think the kidnappings in Nigeria are real? In fact the outrage first came from the Nigerian public. The leader of Boko Harem made a video on it today....who do you think kidnapped the girls and burned the schools?
  • zombie
    There is no slavery law in christianity if you can get free get free if you can't then obey until you can get free.
    And if you own slaves you should free them that's really what the nt says about slavery
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was reading a nigerian newspaper that claims that monsanto & the bill gates foundation are funding boko haram in order to destablize & force the use of GMO, because the majority of crops grown in Nigeria are growth in the islamic north. me personally, dont know enough about the situation to really make that kind of judgement, but it wouldnt suprise me.

considering bill himself led a conference talking about how they could reduce the population of africa by 10-15% using healthcare & vaccines smh... theyre afraid of the population growth that is resulting from the highest economic growth percentage wide thats happening in africa, atm its higher in a few of the countries there than anywhere else on the planet.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meroe wrote: »

I was reading a nigerian newspaper that claims that monsanto & the bill gates foundation are funding boko haram in order to destablize & force the use of GMO, because the majority of crops grown in Nigeria are growth in the islamic north. me personally, dont know enough about the situation to really make that kind of judgement, but it wouldnt suprise me.

considering bill himself led a conference talking about how they could reduce the population of africa by 10-15% using healthcare & vaccines smh... theyre afraid of the population growth that is resulting from the highest economic growth percentage wide thats happening in africa, atm its higher in a few of the countries there than anywhere else on the planet.

Very often I read stupid things here on the IC, but seldom so abjectly ? that I leave my couch solely to post this....

812b9fb28959197b980d63d20bc60ade4bb0ea496d62e93df46b576956c2e53d.jpg

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meroe wrote: »

Very often I read stupid things here on the IC, but seldom so abjectly ? that I leave my couch solely to post this....

812b9fb28959197b980d63d20bc60ade4bb0ea496d62e93df46b576956c2e53d.jpg

So childish replies with no real content makes your opinion that much better? Ha. Cool story.

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... no reports of parents being killed for resisting these kidnappers knocking at they front door?
  • Jabu_Rule
    kzzl wrote: »
    So.... no reports of parents being killed for resisting these kidnappers knocking at they front door?

Um, they are being kidnapped from their schools..
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Judah Back wrote: »
    It's islam

I think you're right. I hope to get some Muslims in this thread, cuz if there are any passages in Islam

Wait.... So y'all accusing Islam... But don't even know if this is really supported by Islam...?

I've done the research and sadly it does seem Islam supports slavery, though not as much as Christianity does. Islam encourages people to free their slaves but it not once says slavery is wrong or evil. Christianity is much more gung ? when it comes to slavery.

Makes sense, since Muslims and Christians have been among the biggest slave traders of all time. It's not a coincidence religion is losing respect in many parts of the world, especially here in America. Thank ? for that. I'd rather be an atheist then ? with either religion.
  • kingblaze84
    There is no slavery law in christianity if you can get free get free if you can't then obey until you can get free.
    And if you own slaves you should free them that's really what the nt says about slavery

You sure about that? There's more then a few Bible passages from the Old and New Testament that explicitly support slavery and even the beating and selling of slaves. Maybe I should post them up?
  • zombie

You sure about that? There's more then a few Bible passages from the Old and New Testament that explicitly support slavery and even the beating and selling of slaves. Maybe I should post them up?

There are only two laws in christ.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014

But Jesus said repeatedly in the scriptures that one may not enter heaven if he or she does not keep relevant the old teachings. Those old teachings explicitly support slavery and the beating of slaves, something which is very disturbing and disgusting. Jesus also said he didn't come to change the scriptures, so that technically is a co-sign of slavery. Otherwise, he wouldv'e said "I accept all the ancient teachings from the ancient prophets, except the slavery and beating of slaves part".

It's one of the reasons I stopped being Christian when I was 16. I know plenty of former Christians too.
  • zombie

But Jesus said repeatedly in the scriptures that one may not enter heaven if he or she does not keep relevant the old teachings. Those old teachings explicitly support slavery and the beating of slaves, something which is very disturbing and disgusting.

The entire embodiment of the old testament is in the teachings of christ. So by following those teaching you are following the old laws in their highest essence. In other words the reasons behind why ? gave the nation of israel those laws are in the teachings of christ.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    According to the Nigerian government, Boko Harem has killed hundreds of people in a town just today. The Nigerian govt states that Boko Harem wishes to enact Islamic Shariah Law all throughout Nigeria, and will ? and enslave people who disagree with them. Hmmm.....kind of like how most major religions have been spread, through blood, slavery and violence. Damn this story is giving non-religious people ammo for centuries........

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nigeria-boko-haram-militants-killed-hundreds-in-12-hour-raid-on-remote-village/

LAGOS, Nigeria -- Islamic militants killed hundreds of people in an attack on a border town in Nigeria's remote northeast, a state government official said Thursday.

Shops and homes were set ablaze and razed in the attack Monday night on Gamboru Ngala, on Nigeria's border with Cameroon, Borno state information commissioner Mohammed Bulama told The Associated Press by telephone.

He said the fatality "figures are high -- hundreds -- but we are still awaiting details from the military authorities."

As many as 300 people were killed in the attack, according to local newspapers.

Boko Haram's five-year-old Islamic uprising has claimed the lives of thousands of Muslims and Christians. More than 1,500 people have died in their attacks so far this year. The insurgents say Western influences are corrupting and they want to impose an Islamic state in Nigeria, a country of 170 million of whom half are Christian.

--I guess this is why they call Islam the religion of peace? I mean, how else can you spread your religious beliefs without using slavery and bloodshed? I guess that's why the major religious textbooks support it.
  • kingblaze84

But Jesus said repeatedly in the scriptures that one may not enter heaven if he or she does not keep relevant the old teachings. Those old teachings explicitly support slavery and the beating of slaves, something which is very disturbing and disgusting.

The entire embodiment of the old testament is in the teachings of christ. So by following those teaching you are following the old laws in their highest essence. In other words the reasons behind why ? gave the nation of israel those laws are in the teachings of christ.

Well you can acknowledge at the least that much of those old laws support slavery and the beating of slaves right? The verses are very clear.